The Student Room Group

Ramadhan Kareem

Scroll to see replies

I have medical issues so im unable to do it most of the time.
Reply 21
Original post by MinJae
Ramadan Kareem to you all :smile:

It's a time of forgiveness and a time of learning.
Allah Ta'llah knew that there would come an age where during the year no one would recall Him, so for our sake, He made this blessed month compulsory upon the followers of Islam, so that we may use these 30 days to ask for forgiveness and potentially save ourselves from the Fire.

The best way to gain the most rewards is to read Quran. Read as much as you can, not just in Arabic. Learn the translation, understand what it is you are reading and learn the story behind it. Each passage in the Holy Quran comes with a universe of meaning, all as a means of getting closer to Allah.

Also, learn about the translation in namaz, to help your concentration. Did you know that during Surah Al-Fathiha, as you praise Allah Ta'llah, He praises you back? Learn, that in the days when Prayer was given, the Prophet Muhammed was told to go and Allah to decrease the amount of Prayers from 100, to 50, to 25, and finally 5. Even then, the Prophet was told to go back and ask Allah to decrease the amount, but the Prophet could not face it. He entrusted his true followers to pray 5 times a day. Think about how it must've have been for Our Prophet to even have to go back the first time?

Not only this, assume a habit of reading Tahajjud namaz. Once your Sehri / Suhoor time is over, Tahajjud namaz occurs ten minutes before Fajr begins. Your intention will be to read nafl of Tahajjud namaz. You can do as many as you like. Group it as two or four nafl rakats. This namaz is when Allah Ta'llah is the closest to the Earth and asks His servants if there is anything they desire. Forgiveness is what we all desire most. But it is a time where you are known as a Knight of the darkness, the beloved Servant who rises for the sake of his/her Lord. To meet your Lord. To be with your Lord.

After Fajr namaz, read Surah Yaseen and Surah Muza'Mil, make a dua and Insha'Allah it is sure to come true.
Before sleeping read Surah Mulk, for the protection of Angels to come to you at night.

Apart from these, basic tips include:
Plenty of water! Never drink water as soon as Iftar time is here!
Miswak is sunnah, be sure to use it.
Try and make the intention of finishing the Quran.
Keep away from harmful people.
Do wudu as often as you can.
Take the time to memorise a few verses of the Quran.
Spend a little extra time at Mosque.
Go outside and walk, breathe in the fresh air and think about the beauty that Allah has created.
Count your blessings.
Say Allah Hu Akbar as often as you can.
Read Aytul-Kursi.

Insha'Allah this isn't too overwhelming, and all of you have a brilliant Ramadan. Don't forget to also pray for the Ummah.

:smile:

Thank you for taking the time out to write this!
Have a blessed Ramadhan :smile:
Original post by champ_mc99
4 days? Wow. Time does fly...

It bloody does, already been a year :eek:
Reply 23
Eat lots of green veg - good for detox. Dont eat any fried food or sweet tho :naughty:
Reply 24
Ramadan Kareem to all my bros and sis's.
Original post by MinJae
Ramadan Kareem to you all :smile:

It's a time of forgiveness and a time of learning.
Allah Ta'llah knew that there would come an age where during the year no one would recall Him, so for our sake, He made this blessed month compulsory upon the followers of Islam, so that we may use these 30 days to ask for forgiveness and potentially save ourselves from the Fire.

The best way to gain the most rewards is to read Quran. Read as much as you can, not just in Arabic. Learn the translation, understand what it is you are reading and learn the story behind it. Each passage in the Holy Quran comes with a universe of meaning, all as a means of getting closer to Allah.

Also, learn about the translation in namaz, to help your concentration. Did you know that during Surah Al-Fathiha, as you praise Allah Ta'llah, He praises you back? Learn, that in the days when Prayer was given, the Prophet Muhammed was told to go and Allah to decrease the amount of Prayers from 100, to 50, to 25, and finally 5. Even then, the Prophet was told to go back and ask Allah to decrease the amount, but the Prophet could not face it. He entrusted his true followers to pray 5 times a day. Think about how it must've have been for Our Prophet to even have to go back the first time?

Not only this, assume a habit of reading Tahajjud namaz. Once your Sehri / Suhoor time is over, Tahajjud namaz occurs ten minutes before Fajr begins. Your intention will be to read nafl of Tahajjud namaz. You can do as many as you like. Group it as two or four nafl rakats. This namaz is when Allah Ta'llah is the closest to the Earth and asks His servants if there is anything they desire. Forgiveness is what we all desire most. But it is a time where you are known as a Knight of the darkness, the beloved Servant who rises for the sake of his/her Lord. To meet your Lord. To be with your Lord.

After Fajr namaz, read Surah Yaseen and Surah Muza'Mil, make a dua and Insha'Allah it is sure to come true.
Before sleeping read Surah Mulk, for the protection of Angels to come to you at night.

Apart from these, basic tips include:
Plenty of water! Never drink water as soon as Iftar time is here!
Miswak is sunnah, be sure to use it.
Try and make the intention of finishing the Quran.
Keep away from harmful people.
Do wudu as often as you can.
Take the time to memorise a few verses of the Quran.
Spend a little extra time at Mosque.
Go outside and walk, breathe in the fresh air and think about the beauty that Allah has created.
Count your blessings.
Say Allah Hu Akbar as often as you can.
Read Aytul-Kursi.

Insha'Allah this isn't too overwhelming, and all of you have a brilliant Ramadan. Don't forget to also pray for the Ummah.

:smile:

Thanks lovely advice x

How could I keep my breath fresh?
Reply 26
Original post by Anonbabes
Thanks lovely advice x

Use miswak
my last exam is on the second day of Ramadan which is flipping awesome WOOOOOOP
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Original post by Zara0526
Hello
I wanted to create a thread dedicated to Ramadhan tips (to make it easier - especially for those who still have exams going on), for people to share what they are doing to gain rewards ect and to see how everyone is during Ramadhan!
iA only 4 days to go :smile:

GCSE Mocks during Ramadan:frown:
Reply 29
Original post by *Alisha*
GCSE Mocks during Ramadan:frown:

Ahh no, will you be fasting through them? iA Allah (swt) will give you the knowledge and strength to do your very best!😉
Reply 30
Original post by ZainF123
my last exam is on the second day of Ramadan which is flipping awesome WOOOOOOP
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

good luck bro! Doing anything cool over the holidays?
Ramadan Kareem. May the almighty bless you with success and prosperity and for all of you students top grades because of your great devotion!

But remember this:

Dukh mei sumiran sab kare, Sukh mei kare na koye.
Jo sukh mei sumiran kare, dukh kahe ko hoye

Everyone remembers god in bad times, but no one in good times, If you remember him in good times, then why should bad times should come”
Reply 32
Even worse Alevels exams - my last one is on 23rd of June :afraid:
Ramadan Kareem! :h:

My last exam is on 28th June. I have 4 exams during Ramadan.

Bringgggg onnnn the watermelonnnnnnnnnnn :drool:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Ramadan mubarak guys :biggrin:
Reply 35
Ramadan is the only time of the month my calendar is booked, as I've got two dates on each day of the month! As you suspect my non muslim friends are very jealous looool :smile:
Original post by ZAYN.
good luck bro! Doing anything cool over the holidays?

Good Luck to you too! And probably not, gonna be a boring summer. :frown: cant even go to a beach and get a tan cos im already hella dark
na that's rejected by the vast majority.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Anonbabes
Thanks lovely advice x

Hi there, no problem!

Hm, best advice I can give you for keeping breath fresh is Miswaak. It can get rid of bad odours and keep your teeth clean. Ask a local mosque as to where you can get them, otherwise an Islamic shop can always provide it for you. Use the miswaak and then rinse out your mouth, try not to swallow though!

After Sehri is finished my family usually brush our teeth as usual. When it's morning time, no toothpaste, just use the toothbrush and rinse your mouth out.

Hope that helps! :smile:
I've literally waited for ramadan since eid last year! By far the best month every year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending