The Student Room Group

I'm a female muslim AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by student.feed
True(only for Allah swt) but I don't like Zayn anymore. Adam though.. :tongue:

I like to keep an open mind... Not saying Adam has done anything bad, but we dont know what he's done off camera, only Allah swt knows. It's just that Zayn's more open about stuff.
06th :smile: Search online for prayer times for your area :smile:

Damn, so we were both wrong lol, thanks :smile:
Original post by macsalaama
Do you feel at peace when you pray?

What makes you believe in Islam over other religions?

How was your day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello, My day was great thank you how was yours?

Yes I definitely feel at peace especially listening to the Qur'an or nasheeds (maher zain is very good). If you want I can give you some links :smile:

I believe Islam as there is many scientific things in the Qur'an that sciencists just found out. I was born into a muslim family and Islam is something that I just feel is right. It is very similar to Judaism and Christianity aswell :smile:
Original post by XcitingStuart
I don't need to be a Muslim to understand it / parts of it and written text.

Are you?

HUUUUGE mistake you are doing.

An english translation of the Quran is NEVER accurate. It's kind of like Google Translate
Those who want to properly understand the Quran HAVE to learn Arabic. If not, then you have to carry around a huge translation+meaning book with you. Every muslim knows this.
Arabic is a very old language that existed way before the existence of islam. How is it that literally ALL the Arabic speaking countries are muslim? Because they were the only people that could read it and understand it properly. They were the only people realize that the Quran is really the word of God.
When english speakers read the translation of the Quran, they don't understand it. Nor do I. I personally believe the english translation is really weird. Pick up a 'tafseer'(as they call it) and read through it alongside the Quran. You will instantly realize just after reading thorough 1 surah with tafseer, there will be a huge difference.
I highly reccomend.
Original post by ZAYN.
I like to keep an open mind... Not saying Adam has done anything bad, but we dont know what he's done off camera, only Allah swt knows. It's just that Zayn's more open about stuff.

True, I agree.
Do your parents approve you marrying anyone?
Original post by Dhanny
Do you know who Sant Kabir is?

Did you know he has the answers to the meaning of life?

I just researched him. :smile: What was his take on it?
Original post by Proxenus
Do your parents approve you marrying anyone?

Well for starters I have no idea. My mum wants me to finish uni first :tongue:
Original post by KingYusHalo

An english translation of the Quran is NEVER accurate. It's kind of like Google Translate
Those who want to properly understand the Quran HAVE to learn Arabic. If not, then you have to carry around a huge translation+meaning book with you. Every muslim knows this.
Arabic is a very old language that existed way before the existence of islam. How is it that literally ALL the Arabic speaking countries are muslim? Because they were the only people that could read it and understand it properly. They were the only people realize that the Quran is really the word of God.
When english speakers read the translation of the Quran, they don't understand it. Nor do I. I personally believe the english translation is really weird. Pick up a 'tafseer'(as they call it) and read through it alongside the Quran. You will instantly realize just after reading thorough 1 surah with tafseer, there will be a huge difference.
I highly reccomend.

Totally agree, Abdullah Yusuf Ali is a very good translator and the Quran that I have that is translated is in old English
I just researched him. :smile: What was his take on it?

Research well and you will find your answers.
Original post by Lostrider
Damn, so we were both wrong lol, thanks :smile:

http://www.islamic-relief.org.uk/about-us/what-we-do/ramadan/ramadan-timetable/

This is around East London, so if you are not in London the times are not accurate
Original post by Dhanny
Research well and you will find your answers.

He is definitely interesting, especially his views on women:

Woman ruins everything when she comes near man;
Devotion, liberation, and divine knowledge no longer enter his soul.— Kabir, Translated by Nikky-Guninder Kaur Singh[51]
But it is interesting how he was born into a muslim family :smile:
Yes! Or even a humanist or equal rights idk :tongue:

How does your feminism relate to your religious beliefs?
Hello, My day was great thank you how was yours?

Yes I definitely feel at peace especially listening to the Qur'an or nasheeds (maher zain is very good). If you want I can give you some links :smile:

I believe Islam as there is many scientific things in the Qur'an that sciencists just found out. I was born into a muslim family and Islam is something that I just feel is right. It is very similar to Judaism and Christianity aswell :smile:

Mine was pretty good too, the weather decided to do a 180 so that was a bummer haha

Sure thing :smile: send as many as you want.
I might not believe but good tajweed still gets to me :redface: .
Maher Zain is awesome, Barakallah is probably my favourite by him. If you want to hear cringey songs check out Deen Squad.

Fair point. Does the cultural aspect (especially within Islam) play a role?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I recommend Mashallah, Mawlaya and Medina by Maher Zain also.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How old are you?
Original post by Zara0526
Humm, Have you read the Qur'an? Everybody that I have come across that claim that Islam treats Women as inferior and oppresses them have never actually read the Qur'an. Instead they choose to rely on others opinions or take quotes out of the Qur'an thus out of there context and completely misinterpret them.
Yes, I am a Muslim :smile:

I've read parts of it; parts which are kinda hard to misinterpret.

If you're so confident in its literature then I'm certain you wouldn't mind me quoting the parts and you pointing out the flaws in it / with that/those arguments.
Use your profile picture as advice. Just leave

That's kinda a rude change in tone towards me.

Was it joking or was it serious? (P.S. I'm not offended I just want to know to decide an appropriate response.) :tongue:
Original post by Al-farhan
Eventhough some forum members derive perverse gratification from the use of moslem. To muslims it really doesn't bother us.

So why was there a change in the first place? (Sorry I just disagree with you here; I reckon there must be a rather subjectively large part of the community who dislike / really dislike the word.)

In Islam we believe in 2 lives. The first life (this life) is a test to see if we will ultimately go to Heaven or Hell. Regardless if we are good or bad, we will go to our second life which will go eternal punishment or reward :smile:

I can't imagine anyone to be deserving of eternal punishment.

And as it's either/or that means as soon as a threshold is reached hell doesn't differentiate between lesser crimes and graver crimes as it's eternal punishment.
Original post by KingYusHalo

I highly reccomend.

No, it's not a huge mistake I have done.

I'm pretty sure Google Translate is much much worse, because the translations of the Qur'an would have been extensively scrutinised and debated, especially so with all these people claiming they're inaccurate.

I don't think it'd be a 100% correct, but don't use that as a cope out argument whenever s.o. ever points out sth in the Qur'an that doesn't go your way.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest