The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TMC113
Well, I would love it to come up. So one of us will be disappointed

Original post by Anam
Lmao i highly doubt it will come up though...

Very unlikely.

It will be evolutionary, genetics or gender dysphoria unless they throw a curveball and decide to screw us over
Original post by A-LJLB
Very unlikely.

It will be evolutionary, genetics or gender dysphoria unless they throw a curveball and decide to screw us over

They could well do culture as that's never come up before either...
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
It's for gender for relationships but If you want it sure!!

me too!
Would anyone be willing to share with me an essay they have written on neural mechanisms in eating behaviour and attitudes to eating behaviour. My teacher has seemed to miss out some bits. Please PM me so I can give you my email. Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A-LJLB
Very unlikely.

Why though? Have you seen the past questions? They love the cognitive stuff. There must be a reason why they would have ignored all this stuff in the past? I think Gender Dysphoria is very unlikely, and if they wanted to do evolutionary or biology, they would probably just go for Biosocial as it expands upon the ideas.

That's what I think anyway
Does anyone know what the predictions are for aggression/bio rhythms and sleep/eating behaviour?(:

Would LOVE if biological explanations came up for aggression:biggrin:
Here it is! It'll be quicker than pms this way! Tell me once you have it so I can take it down lol image.jpg
Attachment not found

I've got it thankyouuu and how many marks did it get if its been marked?
Original post by TMC113
Why though? Have you seen the past questions? They love the cognitive stuff. There must be a reason why they would have ignored all this stuff in the past? I think Gender Dysphoria is very unlikely, and if they wanted to do evolutionary or biology, they would probably just go for Biosocial as it expands upon the ideas.

That's what I think anyway

I'm basing it on previous questions and the pattern they do them in. It's come up recently so it shouldn't come up
They could well do culture as that's never come up before either...

Cultural came up in 2011
Original post by A-LJLB
I'm basing it on previous questions and the pattern they do them in. It's come up recently so it shouldn't come up

There just doesn't seem to be a pattern with Gender
Original post by ThatGirlJemma
Does anyone know what the predictions are for aggression/bio rhythms and sleep/eating behaviour?(:

Would LOVE if biological explanations came up for aggression:biggrin:

Aggression will be evolutionary or biological (I hope bio too)
Bio rhythms will probably be pacemakers/zeitgebers, or maybe disruptionโ€ฆ possibly disorders
Guys, does any one have any essays on gender dysphoria or essay plans? Anything would help, i really struggle with it.
Original post by A-LJLB
Cultural came up in 2011

That was cross cultural studies not cultural influences which is different I think ...
Original post by brown_eyes
I've got it thankyouuu and how many marks did it get if its been marked?

I'm not sure my teacher never gives marks just said A*\A which isn't really much of a guideline but at least I know there's enough to learn
That was cross cultural studies not cultural influences which is different I think ...

Cross cultural studies is no longer on the spec, yes, but they're the same thing pretty much so it technically has come up, the only difference is that influence wasn't mentioned, same theory and studies though
Anyone able to share any essays for eating behaviour?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A-LJLB
Cross cultural studies is no longer on the spec, yes, but they're the same thing pretty much so it technically has come up, the only difference is that influence wasn't mentioned, same theory and studies though

That makes sense then :smile: for gender it's so unpredictable that the only one I think definitely won't come up is social influences
That makes sense then :smile: for gender it's so unpredictable that the only one I think definitely won't come up is social influences

Haha I know! It's really hard to prioritise gender essays, I pray predictions are accurate!
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Wheres everyone at in terms of revision? Ive finished one section and have done bits for other two but still need to memorize another 15 essays in 5 days. Anyone else need to do more?

pretty much the same here! well except i still haven't found the most efficient way to remember everything so i've made a new revision timetable where i am basically gunna do summary flash cards of each of my essays and learn them... hopefully that'll work because if it doesn't im screwed haha!

Keep going, we can do this:smile:
Right let me iron this out, guys, so when I would previously refer to reductionism I have to changed it with limited? e.g. a point

For the explanation of restrained eating as a failure to dieting

This explanation is limited in its view. This is due to the fact that failures of dieting is simply down to attempting to restrain yourselfs. This cannot account for everything because then it dosent explain how people with anorexia manage to eat nothing and not overeate at all. This means the view cant be generalised to a lot of different types of people hence making it limited in its view.

Would that be how you'd write it?

Latest