The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Ok then

STEP II 2015 11/06
STEP III 2015 18/06
Original post by Vesniep
I know but don't you want to do it again ?
I know it won't be exactly a mock to you , but still you don't remember all questions (right?)

yeh i will do it again, but my 4 fulls i remember very strongly.
Original post by physicsmaths
yeh i will do it again, but my 4 fulls i remember very strongly.

then do other questions
Original post by Vesniep
then do other questions

ok dad
Original post by Vesniep
@Insight @physicsmaths @Zacken @EnglishMuon @gasfxekl @EricPiphany @Duke Glacia @Krollo @16characters

can't think of others please don't take the 2015 papers alone , we should it all together. I suggest a week or so before the real thing ,is that ok to most of you ? Please confirm.
Ignore this post if you have already set up a date (just let me know).

Well I'm doing II 2015 this Sunday and III 2015 the next Friday, but those can be ± a day. When are you planning on doing them?

Also lol you tagged some new member called 16characters. The one you're after has (4 I believe?) dots after his name.
ok dad

Ok then go on solve the same questions you remember so that you get 200/120
Original post by Zacken
Don't be silly, you've been doing well! :woo: Your offer isn't too bad to meet anyhow, and you can always still do CompSci even if you miss STEP, which should relax you a little. :smile:

Nah I definitely won't meet the STEP part, but yes that fact does help relax me a ton. Still, getting the A* in FM is a weird one, because a couple mistakes would ruin it. STEP III is impossible, yet to finish a full question. I can get 1's and 2's in STEP I, 2's and 3's and STEP II, but STEP III is just beyond a joke to me. I appreciate the words though :biggrin:

Original post by Number Nine
just did a mock

me

:lol: Hahahah :biggrin: I'm yet to complete a STEP III mock without giving up too pissed off to continue xD I've never given up easily but when you're stuck on a question for an hour, decide you're not ready for a full mock so just work on the question with no time constraints, and then another hour later no progress has been made, you get pretty mad :biggrin:
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Well I'm doing II 2015 this Sunday and III 2015 the next Friday, but those can be ± a day. When are you planning on doing them?

Also lol you tagged some new member called 16characters. The one you're after has (4 I believe?) dots after his name.

Edit done .
I think it would be best in these dates
STEP II 2015 11/06
STEP III 2015 18/06
cause it's really not part of our preparation it should be a cold mock with no breaks (...)
and there's no point in doing it earlier (you will then wait 2 weeks without any papers)
Original post by Mathemagicien
TFW not tagged :cry:

oh don't cry sweety... it's just that who the **** are you ? :smile:
Are you a candidate ?
Original post by Vesniep
Edit done .
I think it would be best in these dates
STEP II 2015 11/06
STEP III 2015 18/06
cause it's really not part of our preparation it should be a cold mock with no breaks (...)
and there's no point in doing it earlier (you will then wait 2 weeks without any papers)

I've done 21 mocks and in none of them have I ever taken breaks lol.

Yeah I considered that I would go 2 weeks without papes and I was thinking about changing it but then I realised that that real STEP I and II exams in between actually provide 'practice' in between which fits in with my general 1 mock week thing, so I'm fine :smile:.
Original post by Vesniep
oh don't cry sweety... it's just that who the **** are you ? :smile:
Are you a candidate ?

Savage XD.

Yeah I considered that I would go 2 weeks without papes and I was thinking about changing it but then I realised that that real STEP I and II exams in between actually provide 'practice' in between which fits in with my general 1 mock week thing, so I'm fine :smile:.

Lol i took a break in my real III exam last year 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol i took a break in my real III exam last year 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol really? How long, was it because you just gave up for a bit or what?

Was going **** so i was like **** it
Went to the toilet for about 10 minutes just put water on my face and stood there looking into the mirror like I was about to go back into the colosseum 😂
Didn't get the time back though haha.
I was distraught after the exam for a good few days, then when i destroyed AEA(well it ain't hard) it gave me some life saying yeh I ain't that bad at maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have done more hehehe
... but with breaks in pretty much all of them I get thirsty a lot during exams.
Also the cats want food and if they don't get it you just don't want to hear their song during your mock.
Went to the toilet for about 10 minutes just put water on my face and stood there looking into the mirror like I was about to go back into the colosseum 😂
I was distraught after the exam for a good few days, then when i destroyed AEA(well it ain't hard) it gave me some life saying yeh I ain't that bad at maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know if you really want to talk about your experience in III and what you would change so that you get a 1/S in that day , but it would be helpful to me if I find myself in the same position . Was it stress , boredom (lack of interest for the questions) what ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, well you'll smash the exams this time round seeing how much you've improved :smile:.
What did you sit AEA for?
Original post by Vesniep
I don't know if you really want to talk about your experience in III and what you would change so that you get a 1/S in that day , but it would be helpful to me if I find myself in the same position . Was it stress , boredom (lack of interest for the questions) what ?

I would guess he just had a bad start or something which went on to ruin the rest of the paper, happened to me in couple of my mocks and I had to abort the mock lol.

Hopefully, that doesn't happen to me on the day. Almost happened in my I 2015 mock at the start when I made 5 different silly mistakes on 5 attempts of the same extremely easy question... was panicking and worrying that I'd mess up the entire paper.
I haven't done any mocks how deeply in trouble am I

I was with another candidate in the same examination centre last year (it was a I ) and after 2 hours of complete silence he said 'I want to go to the bathroom' , 'are you sure you can go after an hour and isn't that exam very important '
'yes .... but I wanna go' it took him like 20 minutes WTF are some steppers doing with their lifes ?
I remember trying to open that bottle of water cause I was so thirsty and I didn't cause it was difficult (I'm not exactly the strongest guy)
after trying for 5 seconds so that I don't lose my time .
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending