The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ComputerMaths97

At least if you've tried STEP you'll smash NatSci maths (at least that's my hope if I fail III).
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Haha, well you'll smash the exams this time round seeing how much you've improved :smile:.
What did you sit AEA for?

For the bants lol, few of me mates were sitting it so i thought y not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vesniep
I was with another candidate in the same examination centre last year (it was a I ) and after 2 hours of complete silence he said 'I want to go to the bathroom' , 'are you sure you can go after an hour and isn't that exam very important '
'yes .... but I wanna go' it took him like 20 minutes WTF are some steppers doing with their lifes ?
I remember trying to open that bottle of water cause I was so thirsty and I didn't cause it was difficult (I'm not exactly the strongest guy)
after trying for 5 seconds so that I don't lose my any time .

You find it hard to open a bottle.
Daym

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gasfxekl
I haven't done any mocks how deeply in trouble am I

we will see tomorrow let me please mark your paper ....
Original post by physicsmaths
You find it hard to open a bottle.
Daym

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was that specific bottle it won't happen again (I'll tell someone else to open it)

I've not done any STEP III mocks, so I hope you're not in too much trouble, because I'm in about half as much.
Original post by Vesniep
we will see tomorrow let me please mark your paper ....

Lol
Original post by Vesniep
I don't know if you really want to talk about your experience in III and what you would change so that you get a 1/S in that day , but it would be helpful to me if I find myself in the same position . Was it stress , boredom (lack of interest for the questions) what ?

I don't know, I was on Grade 1/low S level I would think in III last year with a few recent papers being Grade 1s so I don't know tbh.
I just panicked when i cudnt do the integration and it just went downhill from there.I managed it in the end but I had only done 4 questions which scored me 51/120. I know I ****ed up a little thing which I would never do normally but it cost me 5-6 marks on this occasion which was unfortunate.
I don't know how I spent so long only doing 4 questions to a mediocre level, don't know where that time went.
Also the topics didn't help at all either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sweeneyrod
I've not done any STEP III mocks, so I hope you're not in too much trouble, because I'm in about half as much.

Do you want to try step II 2014 for tomorrow ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 169
Original post by Vesniep

Wait are you lot doing a STEP 2 2014 mock? I might as well give it a shot (probably won't get 1 solution, but it's all bants really innit)
Original post by physicsmaths
I don't know, I was on Grade 1/low S level I would think in III last year with a few recent papers being Grade 1s so I don't know tbh.
I just panicked when i cudnt do the integration and it just went downhill from there.I managed it in the end but I had only done 4 questions which scored me 51/120. I know I ****ed up a little thing which I would never do normally but it cost me 5-6 marks on this occasion which was unfortunate.
I don't know how I spent so long only doing 4 questions to a mediocre level, don't know where that time went.
Also the topics didn't help at all either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It sounds as if you hadn't control of what was going on which is terrifying .
Ok you were stuck why didn't you pick other questions ?
First 6-7 marks are usually gifts in many questions so you could get another 14marks and get that 1.
You were close to a 1 tbh just by doing easy introductory parts of other questions instead of going to the bathroom
Original post by jacobe
Wait are you lot doing a STEP 2 2014 mock? I might as well give it a shot (probably won't get 1 solution, but it's all bants really innit)

Yes we will , we will also post our answers and mark each others' answers .
It will be great fun tomorrow :tongue:
Original post by Vesniep

Sure. I wonder if I'll be the only person doing stats questions (probably).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vesniep
It sounds as if you hadn't control of what was going on which is terrifying .
Ok you were stuck why didn't you pick other questions ?
First 6-7 marks are usually gifts in many questions so you could get another 14marks and get that 1.
You were close to a 1 tbh just by doing easy introductory parts of other questions instead of going to the bathroom

That is why I said I panicked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vesniep
Ok then

STEP II 2015 11/06
STEP III 2015 18/06

Yeah I am doing them like that as well. Might do STEP I on 11/06 and II on 12/06 unless you are all doing it on 11 then I can do II on 11/06 and chill time with I on 12/06.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vesniep
oh don't cry sweety... it's just that who the **** are you ? :smile:
Are you a candidate ?

I know you are international but come on.. Have some manners.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IrrationalRoot
I've done 21 mocks and in none of them have I ever taken breaks lol.

Yeah I considered that I would go 2 weeks without papes and I was thinking about changing it but then I realised that that real STEP I and II exams in between actually provide 'practice' in between which fits in with my general 1 mock week thing, so I'm fine :smile:.

My life is with no breaks m8.

Done one mock a day for a week now m8.

Posted from TSR Mobile
STEP II, Q5, 2007, last part,

why the final answer g(t)=sin(arcsin(t)+npi/6) does not give the correct value of g^2(t) which is t?:smile:

Very deep

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending