The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Just control yourself with the liquid 😂😂😂😂😂👍👍.

Posted from TSR Mobile

am i weird for thinking that alcohol tastes foul and so refuse to drink it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pop them an email or contact your nearest sorting office.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh I would..but that just sounds a little too keen...they probably think I'm in the year below though...cuz I'm born just like a couple of days before September...so they wouldn't know I'm doing my GCSEs at the mo....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope..I'm with ya...

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey people, i want to see if i can try and get myself into a course regarding law ASAP. i attended Kings College, London last year to participate in the 'debate chamber' introductory law course.
as the majority of you seem to have places at various universities for various courses this summer, i was wondering how you managed to discover the opportunity?
meaning how will i know which universities are offering holiday courses to do with law? how can I enrol?
i think i found out about the Kings College law course through my school, but they seem to only be offering information about STEM courses at the moment.

thank-you in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's more the sensation you feel after you get past the taste :biggrin:
Original post by lala*15
Nope..I'm with ya...

Posted from TSR Mobile

aha, it just tastes so bitter. i have no idea how some people i know can regularly excessively drink! honestly, it must be a foul experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by surina16
It's more the sensation you feel after you get past the taste :biggrin:

fair enough. tbh i personally don't drink alcohol. yes, i do go to parties where alcohol is provided - but i just don't see the point :smile: would hate to get myself into a situation where i have absolutely no control over my actions! I understand that alcohol may help people lighten up and have fun - so i have nothing against alcohol. but, i just feel like i can have a good time without being under the influence of alcohol - saved from dealing with the side effects in the morning :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
fair enough. tbh i personally don't drink alcohol. yes, i do go to parties where alcohol is provided - but i just don't see the point :smile: would hate to get myself into a situation where i have absolutely no control over my actions! I understand that alcohol may help people lighten up and have fun - so i have nothing against alcohol. but, i just feel like i can have a good time without being under the influence of alcohol - saved from dealing with the side effects in the morning :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I 100% agree tbh. And it's honestly just embarrassing when people get so drunk that they can't even control their own body :s-smilie: A little bit is fine and all but I also don't see the point of having a few hours of 'fun' with large amounts of alcohol and then suffering for the entire next day (and possibly weeks if you've done something really stupid like break your leg whilst drunk :colonhash:)
I know this is completely irrelevant...but I really want to watch Alice through the looking glass...but I've got nobody to go with..nobody I know wants to watch it..😰😨

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by surina16
Yes I 100% agree tbh. And it's honestly just embarrassing when people get so drunk that they can't even control their own body :s-smilie: A little bit is fine and all but I also don't see the point of having a few hours of 'fun' with large amounts of alcohol and then suffering for the entire next day (and possibly weeks if you've done something really stupid like break your leg whilst drunk :colonhash:)

Aha, yeah I get you. I like to have a little bit sometimes as well :smile: omg, I had a friend who got very drunk and actually fell down the stairs! Her parents were not impressed and her leg was very badly damaged - took about a term to heal :frown:
Original post by lala*15
I know this is completely irrelevant...but I really want to watch Alice through the looking glass...but I've got nobody to go with..nobody I know wants to watch it..😰😨

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it looks really good :smile: however I worry that it may be similar to the Alice film released a couple of years ago. I went to the cinema with a couple of friends last week to watch 'bad neighbours 2.' It was alright, but not as good as the first film! To be honest I regret not choosing to go and watch Alice through the looking glass instead! Even X men may have been better than the film that I watched :h:
Original post by lala*15
Yh I would..but that just sounds a little too keen...they probably think I'm in the year below though...cuz I'm born just like a couple of days before September...so they wouldn't know I'm doing my GCSEs at the mo....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok. I see. Kl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've never tasted alcohol so I wouldn't know. Does sleeping medicine count ? I like the taste of that 😂😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala*15

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll go with you. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey people, i want to see if i can try and get myself into a course regarding law ASAP. i attended Kings College, London last year to participate in the 'debate chamber' introductory law course.
as the majority of you seem to have places at various universities for various courses this summer, i was wondering how you managed to discover the opportunity?
meaning how will i know which universities are offering holiday courses to do with law? how can I enrol?
i think i found out about the Kings College law course through my school, but they seem to only be offering information about STEM courses at the moment.

thank-you in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is how I found out:

Teacher: Hey ******, you like politics and want to study PPE. Right ?
Me: Yes, I do. Why do you ask ?
Teacher: There is this LSE summer school that you can apply to. I'd thought you'd want to know.
Me: Thanks Sir. I'll look into it.

I then applied and got in. Lol. I didn't really even know summer schools existed until my teacher told me. By the the asterisks is not foul language, it's my name. Lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've never tasted alcohol so I wouldn't know. Does sleeping medicine count ? I like the taste of that 😂😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha, tbh I've never tried sleeping medicine before so I wouldn't know! :h: I just don't understand how people could pour down disgusting, burning alcohol down their throat on numerous occasions - may be going over the top here, but I truly feel like this....

This is how I found out:

Teacher: Hey ******, you like politics and want to study PPE. Right ?
Me: Yes, I do. Why do you ask ?
Teacher: There is this LSE summer school that you can apply to. I'd thought you'd want to know.
Me: Thanks Sir. I'll look into it.

I then applied and got in. Lol. I didn't really even know summer schools existed until my teacher told me. By the the asterisks is not foul language, it's my name. Lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I kinda figured that the asterisks would be your name, being that you are 'Mr Anonymous' and all. :h: I will probs search online and see if I can find any Summer schools, do you have to pay for them? I get that you will have to apply to them in advance though. Apparently courses which are related to the subject which you want to study at university really benefit your personal statement. I'd better start looking.
Aha, tbh I've never tried sleeping medicine before so I wouldn't know! :h: I just don't understand how people could pour down disgusting, burning alcohol down their throat on numerous occasions - may be going over the top here, but I truly feel like this....

Yeah I kinda figured that the asterisks would be your name, being that you are 'Mr Anonymous' and all. :h: I will probs search online and see if I can find any Summer schools, do you have to pay for them? I get that you will have to apply to them in advance though. Apparently courses which are related to the subject which you want to study at university really benefit your personal statement. I'd better start looking.

Yeah it really does benefit your personal statement as it shows dedication and the earlier you do it the more dedication it shows. It depends on which summer school you apply to but they're usually free.

I understand your hatred towards alcohol. It's understandable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can guess my name from the number of asterisks if you like ? Lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it really does benefit your personal statement as it shows dedication and the earlier you do it the more dedication it shows. It depends on which summer school you apply to but they're usually free.

I understand your hatred towards alcohol. It's understandable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I get what you mean by the dedication. I mean I have been reading law books, but the courses are a great way to show how much it means to you. Ah that's good that it is free :smile:

I guess that I have seen how alcohol can have a huge impact on people close to me, I am kind of scared of it to be honest. Especially about how people can be taken advantage of when drunk. I mean being drunk just creates situations that I'd rather avoid.

You can guess my name from the number of asterisks if you like ? Lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, I'm probably really wrong as haven't counted the number of asterisks. But I swear at some point you said that your name was Anthony. I am probably incorrect and may have confused you with someone else. :h:
Yeah, I get what you mean by the dedication. I mean I have been reading law books, but the courses are a great way to show how much it means to you. Ah that's good that it is free :smile:

I guess that I have seen how alcohol can have a huge impact on people close to me, I am kind of scared of it to be honest. Especially about how people can be taken advantage of when drunk. I mean being drunk just creates situations that I'd rather avoid.

Lol, I'm probably really wrong as haven't counted the number of asterisks. But I swear at some point you said that your name was Anthony. I am probably incorrect and may have confused you with someone else. :h:

I know what you mean. Especially for girls because boys take advantage of drunk girls sometimes. It works both ways though as girls also take advantage of boys when drunk as well.

Lol. It's not Anthony. You must have mistaken me with someone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending