The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Maths - Bearings/Sine/Cosine Question

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScrewTheExams
Thanks!!

Do you also happen to have the non-calculator mark schemes for both of the mocks? :biggrin:

They have some useful topics, especially towards the end.
No, its just coincidental that my teacher gave me these mark schemes yesterday.
Original post by hamza772000
No, its just coincidental that my teacher gave me these mark schemes yesterday.

haha :biggrin:

Thanks anyway!
haha :biggrin:

Thanks anyway!
No worries.:smile:
Original post by Wazm_
Does anyone have a link to the official 2H Autumn Mock Paper 2015 and 2H Spring 2016?

i dnt think you'l find the spring 2016 but try this link maybe? for the 2015 one?

http://revisionmaths.com/gcse-maths/gcse-maths-past-papers/edexcel-gcse-maths-past-papers

idk, im guessing :/
Original post by Wazm_
Please can you take pictures of some of the hard questions.

Also, here's one question (5 marks)
Ignore my working out and the mess I made on the diagram :biggrin:

I was doing it right but accidentally divided or times something the wrong way round at some point, because there was a lot of trigonometry :biggrin:

The quality is bad, but the angle in the triangle in that diagram is 30 degrees.

And, all of the triangles are right-angled.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mariam687
i dnt think you'l find the spring 2016 but try this link maybe? for the 2015 one?

http://revisionmaths.com/gcse-maths/gcse-maths-past-papers/edexcel-gcse-maths-past-papers

idk, im guessing :/

He means the Spring 2016 and Autumn 2015 official mock papers that Edexcel make for GCSE maths. Some schools done those papers as a mock paper (instead of a past paper or a made up one). And they're pretty good because some similar questions on those mock papers came up in our real non-calculator exam.
He means the Spring 2016 and Autumn 2015 official mock papers that Edexcel make for GCSE maths

ohh, right okok

thnxs
Does anyone have the December 2016 edecell autumn paper mark scheme
Hey, could someone please do the question that I attached, so that I know if I got the right answer?

I done the question quite quickly (probably a bad idea) and I didn't look at sine / cosine rules for a while, so I'm not sure if I got it right but I got an answer of 5.4 km (to 1 d.p.).

(This question is 5 marks)

Thanks!

The question is from the Autumn 2015 (December) official mock paper that Edexcel make for maths, so I don't have the mark scheme :/

EDIT: The answer is 6.3 km
Hamza gave the mark schemes to the calculator Autumn 2015 mock and Spring 2016 mock in the posts below, thanks!

do you know what grade this question is?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending