The Student Room Group

Would you join a club that had "EUROPEANS ONLY" stuck on the outside?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just to addtress the Turkey point;
It shouldnt be allowed in because 1] it isnt in europe 2] it shares no values or cultural norms as europe 3] its run by a dictator who clearly shags poodles 4] the country is in general unpalatable and boardering on committing genocide.
Not to mention they're using refugees s bargaining chips.
Reply 21
Original post by Napp
Just to addtress the Turkey point;
It shouldnt be allowed in because 1] it isnt in europe 2] it shares no values or cultural norms as europe 3] its run by a dictator who clearly shags poodles 4] the country is in general unpalatable and boardering on committing genocide.
Not to mention they're using refugees s bargaining chips.

1. It is in Europe and indeed for most of its history the bulk of the country was in Europe.
2. The Turkish Donar Kebab is cultural norm of the EU
3. Its a democracy (as much as most East European states) that is in NATO (the newspaper bans - during our troubles (IRA) we had mass interment without trial, bans on movement, illegal to report on Sein Fein stories without using fake voice overs.
4. The UK was responsible for 1 million Irish deaths during the famines in the 1850s, the bombing of Dresden and I'm sure all sorts of bad stuff in Empire.
5. We're also using refugees as bargaining chips - Just look at poor old Calais.
Reply 22
Original post by FredOrJohn
1. It is in Europe and indeed for most of its history the bulk of the country was in Europe.
2. The Turkish Donar Kebab is cultural norm of the EU
3. Its a democracy (as much as most East European states) that is in NATO (the newspaper bans - during our troubles (IRA) we had mass interment without trial, bans on movement, illegal to report on Sein Fein stories without using fake voice overs.
4. The UK was responsible for 1 million Irish deaths during the famines in the 1850s, the bombing of Dresden and I'm sure all sorts of bad stuff in Empire.
5. We're also using refugees as bargaining chips - Just look at poor old Calais.

I think you need to look at a mob sun shine as almost all of Turkey is in Asia.
That is the single stupidest comment i have heard this year, calling a kebab 'culture'.
Yeah so explain why even the head the EU has said its well on its way to being little more than a Dictatorship.
Oh so all the people of Englnd, Scotland, Wales and Ireland were responsible? yeah good one. Also Dresden was jointly with the USAAF. I'm guessing you're GCSE age right? comparing What Turkey is doing now with the British effort to defeat the Nazis is hilariously ignorant of you.
Calais is in France and we're not prt of the area of free movement not to mention Britain isn't demanding billions of euros or we'll flood the surrounding countries.
Reply 23
Original post by Quantex
If this is the calibre of argument offered by those wishing to leave the EU, I trust the UK population to vote remain.

Right :lol:
Reply 24
Original post by Napp
I think you need to look at a mob sun shine as almost all of Turkey is in Asia.
That is the single stupidest comment i have heard this year, calling a kebab 'culture'.
Yeah so explain why even the head the EU has said its well on its way to being little more than a Dictatorship.
Oh so all the people of Englnd, Scotland, Wales and Ireland were responsible? yeah good one. Also Dresden was jointly with the USAAF. I'm guessing you're GCSE age right? comparing What Turkey is doing now with the British effort to defeat the Nazis is hilariously ignorant of you.
Calais is in France and we're not prt of the area of free movement not to mention Britain isn't demanding billions of euros or we'll flood the surrounding countries.

If you can't be nice don't, try not to be rude. Clearly, if you get a geography book out more of Turkey is in Europe than Denmark is in Europe (99% of Denmark's territory is Greenland - which is also in the EU via Denmark).

Food is part and parcel of culture. The UK is a fish&Chip culture, with Roast Beef on Sundays.

The Turkish kebab is a pan european post pub cultural experience (I've had a turkish donar from St Ives to Helsinki)

Come on you must know that thanks to Adam Smith Economics the quasi-democratic state of the UK let 1 million Irish starve during the famines.

This is how you are from a historic perspective:In the 1950s-1960s :

The Irish were called "Thick Micks", they were responsible for all crime, the pope was the Anti-Christ, and Catholicism was demonic. Roll the clocks forward to 2016 and now its the Turks turn to get the same abuse from the grand children of the 1960s abusers or even abused.

I'm not saying the pope is not the anti-christ I just don't think that is a valid excuse for not letting Irish people in - or Turks. Its not like you have to wear a Burka when you go on holiday to Turkey.

CAN PEOPLE SEE MY POINT - PEOPLE ARE LOOKING AT THIS FROM A "RACE" THING - SO PERHAPS THE EU REALLY IS BAD.
No... I'm not European or even have European ancestry. I can always join the African club.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending