The Student Room Group

Did anyone take AS CIE Chemistry exam today?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A.S.J
They do. Mostly its same 2000's cuz 90's are repeated in 2000's to if you see the 90's paper you will see so many repeats.

do you have a site where you get the 90s papers?
Original post by A.S.J
MCQ suck!! Omg yes!! 90's do come. When k did phy i started from 1993 and there were so many repeat in papers.
But you have a site whére tgey have papers and ms.?

unfortunatley no i dont have it but like im sure u FIND it on the web because i remeber looking at one of the websites but then thy didnt have the marking schemes ...im sorry cuz i have only a hard copy of the classified questions and that too ...my teacher gave it to me
Original post by Audrey18
what other subjects are you doing with CIE? you disabled the private message function on your profile?

Mathematics (that is already done)
Reply 123
Hi! Did you have v34? how was it? could you tell me which questions came? ThANKSS!!
Original post by InkRed
Hi! Did you have v34? how was it? could you tell me which questions came? ThANKSS!!

Sorry!! We have the exam tomorrow..
Reply 125
Original post by Hirusha Madushan
Sorry!! We have the exam tomorrow..

I see. Thanks anyway
Reply 126
Original post by alyoan tariq
unfortunatley no i dont have it but like im sure u FIND it on the web because i remeber looking at one of the websites but then thy didnt have the marking schemes ...im sorry cuz i have only a hard copy of the classified questions and that too ...my teacher gave it to me

I know i found papers for physics too thats not the problem. The problem is finiding the answers. I never find marking schemes for them.:frown:
Reply 127
Original post by fandom-queen
do you have a site where you get the 90s papers?

For physics i tried freeexampapers but they dont have old anymore. So just try writing the year.
hey guys going to give my :frown::frown:in like a few hours wait yea 4 hours ...so someone who already gave the exam...give me some tips on how to solve the paper ...i mean was it hard easy or u know something o help cum im nervous as wreck here:frown:
Original post by A.S.J
I know i found papers for physics too thats not the problem. The problem is finiding the answers. I never find marking schemes for them.:frown:

I know I know .........i feel u u can like solve a paper and discuss ur answer here .....i mean the ones ur confident in u can leave them and the rest u can search it on the web ...what say?

cuz our teacher used to solve it with us ...so there wasn't any problem
hope that tip works
Reply 130
Original post by alyoan tariq
I know I know .........i feel u u can like solve a paper and discuss ur answer here .....i mean the ones ur confident in u can leave them and the rest u can search it on the web ...what say
cuz our teacher used to solve it with us ...so there wasn't any problem
hope that tip works

True.. thabks for the tip:frown:
Anyone here gave the v32 practical paper today?
Original post by Some one
Anyone here gave the v32 practical paper today?

yes i did and dont even ask about it !!!1:frown::frown:
it was a hectic
1) it was too long
2) where did they get questions of cations and anions from i mean like srsly whats wrong wid u guys ?!!!!!
3) the inverted thingy what was wrong with it ...i mean for me the whole thingy got empty
i mean measuring cylinder
and plus i read the measuring cylinder in the wrong direction
and i left like a few questions as in the first question calculation and the estimated error plus the identifying the FB6 cation and anion
although i had an idea it was nitrate but im so dumb i dint write it down ?!!!!!!! omg i feel like killing myself
Can someone help me with this question?

Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 9.35.16 am.png

The answer is D, but I'm unsure on how to solve it. Thankss
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 134
did anyone give the chemistry v34 practical exam yet?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 135
Original post by InkRed

It was good! How was yours? (that is if you gave it yet)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 136
Original post by A*girl
It was good! How was yours? (that is if you gave it yet)

So-so. Some parts were better than others. I really struggled with identification.
Reply 137

One possible way of going about this question is Hess' Cycle.
If we use the equation for the enthalpy change of combustion of S8
S8 + 8O2 --(-2376)---> 8SO2
If we take enthalpy change of S=O bond as x....we could form an equation in x and solve it. so2.png

Hope it helps
Reply 138

Original post by InkRed
One possible way of going about this question is Hess' Cycle.
If we use the equation for the enthalpy change of combustion of S8
S8 + 8O2 --(-2376)---> 8SO2
If we take enthalpy change of S=O bond as x....we could form an equation in x and solve it. so2.png

Hope it helps

it is the way Ink red did but the calculation is wrong.
write the equation s8+8o2------> 8so2 and draw the Hess cycle with S8 to 8S just like how Ink red did.
then the calculation part is
2232+[4*496]+16x=-2376
-2376-[6200]=16x
x=536

hope you get it.
Reply 139
Original post by InkRed
So-so. Some parts were better than others. I really struggled with identification.

I messed up the calculations of both the questions. The question based on qualitative analysis went surprisingly well. Also, what was your titration reading?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest