The Student Room Group

Physics Resistance against Voltage Graph

Hey guys!
I came across a few questions to do with drawing a resistance against voltage graphs for filament lamps and a fixed resistor (Question 11b in January 2010 Unit 2 Edexcel). I searched everywhere but could not find any graph like this. Could someone please help me
Reply 1
Original post by sk1998
Hey guys!
I came across a few questions to do with drawing a resistance against voltage graphs for filament lamps and a fixed resistor (Question 11b in January 2010 Unit 2 Edexcel). I searched everywhere but could not find any graph like this. Could someone please help me

Hirv.png
The R-V graph for filament lamp is sometimes drawn without the initial straight section but this is more appropriate with relevance to its I-V curve
Original post by InkRed
Hirv.png
The R-V graph for filament lamp is sometimes drawn without the initial straight section but this is more appropriate with relevance to its I-V curve

It's usually curved as well isn't it? Rather than a sudden change in gradient
Reply 3
Original post by Fangedbeast
It's usually curved as well isn't it? Rather than a sudden change in gradient

Do you mean the section between the 2 lines? Hmm...it could definitely be argued but I think the ones above work for Alevels. You could consult a teacher/ marking scheme as to what works best for your syllabus component. All I can say is that wouldnt be wrong either.
Reply 4
Original post by InkRed
Hirv.png

Thank you so much. It helped a lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest