The Student Room Group

Best holiday destinations for 17 year olds

Hi, so a group of about 5 of us want to go on a girls holiday, with the occasional club but more sun, great food and great scenery (so beaches are a must) in 2018, some of us will be 18, but a couple still 17 (not 18 until august). So my question is how much, estimated, are we going to need to save? And where is the best places to go? We don't really want to be limited by age. We would go either in the May half term or early July?

Thank you so much x

Scroll to see replies

The cheapest option would be to go to your nearest coast
Original post by Englishlitlover
Hi, so a group of about 5 of us want to go on a girls holiday, with the occasional club but more sun, great food and great scenery (so beaches are a must) in 2018, some of us will be 18, but a couple still 17 (not 18 until august). So my question is how much, estimated, are we going to need to save? And where is the best places to go? We don't really want to be limited by age. We would go either in the May half term or early July?

Thank you so much x

A European destination seems good, the obvious Malaga and Majorca spring to mind. But what about Varna/Bourgas on the Black Sea Coast, they are incredibly cheap destinations! Thessaloniki is another great and cheap tourist destination with beautiful beaches. I would also recommend Marseilles in the south of France.

In terms of price, I would put aside for the 5 of you in total, around £2500
Reply 3

Thank you so much x

I would recommend going to a holiday resort in Europe such as Spain. Definitely go in July so you get more sun. I went to Benidorm last year, it was lovely for enjoying beautiful views and the odd club to have fun but if you're really strong about amazing food then it may not be ideal. There are lovely restaurants and the food is good but a lot of it is English food. We stayed in a hotel/apartment called Terralta Apartamentos. I looked at prices for you for July next year and it says around 700 euros, which is £540 pounds so about £110 each! In terms of the location, there's a theme park, zoo and lots of excursions. The food and activities are relatively cheap there too. Age won't be an issue for you, when I went there I was 16 and I never got asked for ID once. I'm not sure on flights prices but I'd allow about £150 for a return (to Alicante - then transfers are very reasonable too) Good luck with finding a holiday and if you've got any questions feel free to ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

Thank you so much x

Monte Carlo or Cannes costs a lot of money but it's worth it.
You can visit Vietnam where you can visit from the north to the south of Vietnam during 1 month or 2 months. You can book Vietnam tour to travel with cheap price and good service.
Thank you so much for the the replies!!! :smile:
Thank you so much for the the replies!!! :smile:

Any ideas yet? Personally I think spain is a bit overrated. Go some where DIFFERENT!
Poland has great beaches and has cheap accommodation at 5 star.
Reply 9
Croatia is a nice alternative to Spain
Reply 10

Thank you so much x

Split, Croatia - is good for partying but not solely a clubbing resort
Albufiera - good city/beach, clubs and relaxing
Mykonos - Beautiful beaches, and a few clubs and good bars
Barcelona - has everything you want but quite expensive

Zante, Malaga, Malia are the typical clubbing places to go if thats what youre looking for, and you'll definitely have no problems with ID there, probably no problem in croatia or mykonos either, not sure about the others
Reply 11
If you're looking to save some money airbnb are doing a promotion that if you sign up and book accommodation through someone else both people get £20 off if you book through that persons link, I have my link https://www.airbnb.co.in/c/ailishh6?s=3&i=1 might be worth looking at if you haven't booked it yet and I get money towards my interrail trip accomodation so both people benefit haha :')
Reply 12
Also in terms of location, zante is good for clubbing but Id say split (croatia) is the best location for sun, beaches and generally having a laugh with your mates and its not overly pricey, they also have good clubs and alcohol is cheap :smile:
Reply 13
Amsterdam isn't a bad place either
Reply 14
I agree, amsterdam is great especially if you fly from the UK because its only around £60 for return flights, it can be more expensive to go out in though and accommodation is sometimes quite expensive, if there are a few of you there are some good hotels there though like the student hotel or if you're up for it you could get a room in hostel which would be fun. Only downside is you won't get to enjoy all the nightlife if some of you are under 18, thats like some of my friends though we are all going in early july.
Reply 15
I'd recommend looking at accommodation via sites like airbnb or hostelworld.com and then also googling general prices for things like alcohol, food etc in those countries, skyscanner.com is good for finding the best value flights then picking a location off that, wowcher also have some great holiday deals too (I think I remember seeing an all inclusive holiday and flights to Kos at a 4/5* hotel for like £200 each or something crazy) :smile:
I wouldn't recommend Monte Carlo or Cannes. Not worth the cost, and there are better beaches if you're going to the south of France. Croatia is a great choice (pretty cheap and amazing beaches). The Greek islands are also a good deal these days. For accommodations, yeah, hostels are the way to go (if not doing Airbnb), but Hostelz.com is better for finding the best rated hostels and it tells you where it's cheapest to book it. But really, if there is a group of you, Airbnb or hotels can actually be cheaper than hostel dorm beds (just not as much fun if you want to meet people).
Shagaluf wiv the bois.
Original post by mero22
Monte Carlo or Cannes costs a lot of money but it's worth it.

For a young girls holiday? Behave yourself.
Reply 19
Kavos or Zante could be options.

Kavos not too big for 17year olds to feel overwhelmed. Zante another option.

Olympic Holidays take 17+18year olds in groups so heck out their deals for good prices. Club18-30 and tui scene do but more expensive generally

Quick Reply