Haha thats cool! I was meant to be but failed my a levels ahA

Always next year?
Reply 22
Original post by Lewismorris95
Always next year?

Yeah gonna have to be aha
Reply 23
Original post by Plum1998
Aw that sounds ace what week do you start? I start 8th August! I take it youre from around there aha im travelling 5 hours to get there😂 Where have you heard thats where the accommodation is gonna be there cause ive been looking for ages to see where we are staying😂

If only i was local... set off walking at 10 to 5, bus to sheffield at half 5 in morning, Sheffield to Manchester Picc train at half 6, Manchester Picc to Preston train at 8, preston to ormskirk train at quart to 9, EL1 bus at quart past 9. Roughly £40 all in all
Reply 24
Original post by _toommm_
If only i was local... set off walking at 10 to 5, bus to sheffield at half 5 in morning, Sheffield to Manchester Picc train at half 6, Manchester Picc to Preston train at 8, preston to ormskirk train at quart to 9, EL1 bus at quart past 9. Roughly £40 all in all

Oh wow bless you! I'm having to get a train from lincoln with two changes, around a 5 and a half hour journey and i've got to stay over night in ormskirk haha
Reply 25

Also is the EL1 bus the one from ormskirk to edge hill then? Cause i've got no clue😂
Reply 26
Also is the EL1 bus the one from ormskirk to edge hill then? Cause i've got no clue😂

It is indeed it stands for something like Edge Link i believe. It goes from the bus station every 15 minutes.
It is indeed it stands for something like Edge Link i believe. It goes from the bus station every 15 minutes.

Hi again :smile: What area did you apply for on the residential and why don't you see if someone will drive you there for free? :P
Reply 28
Original post by Bailey280899
Hi again :smile: What area did you apply for on the residential and why don't you see if someone will drive you there for free? :P

Well i would drive myself but not confident enough to drive on the motorways😂 Also my mum wont let me cause she worries too much hah😂
Well i would drive myself but not confident enough to drive on the motorways😂 Also my mum wont let me cause she worries too much hah😂

haha, I'm 17 at the end of August so I will have to wait till next year to drive. Hopefully I'll get a lift for free, otherwise it's £20 in train fares. :P
Reply 30
haha, I'm 17 at the end of August so I will have to wait till next year to drive. Hopefully I'll get a lift for free, otherwise it's £20 in train fares. :P

Aw bless you haha, where abouts are you from?? I've been driving since last october, its a pain in the ass when you cant drive! Mines gonna cost me about £50 aha
Aw bless you haha, where abouts are you from?? I've been driving since last october, its a pain in the ass when you cant drive! Mines gonna cost me about £50 aha

Lancashire, so only 40 mins by car. :smile: or 2 hours on the train. £50 return? :redface:
Reply 32
Lancashire, so only 40 mins by car. :smile: or 2 hours on the train. £50 return? :redface:

Yeah aha i have a rail card cause my boyfriend and best friend go to uni so it works out cheaper for me! It's only £11 return to go to notts
Hi, does anyone know if this Summer residential is exclusively open to UK residents? I'm currently living in Spain and I don't really know if I can apply?
Also, how do you know if they still accept applicantions? Because I've checked the Eventbrite site, and the only sold out course is the Biology one.
Reply 34
Original post by tingting.
Hi, does anyone know if this Summer residential is exclusively open to UK residents? I'm currently living in Spain and I don't really know if I can apply?
Also, how do you know if they still accept applicantions? Because I've checked the Eventbrite site, and the only sold out course is the Biology one.

Hi i'm not entirely sure, its advertised for year 12 students so i presume thats just uk residents? Also i think the application is closed, when i applied in march it said closing date was the 9th may for me? Not sure you may have to contact Edge Hill to find out
Reply 35
Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone would be able to give me some advice? I'm staying in the premier inn at southport near ormskirk the night before, anyone know the best route to get to edge hill that morning?
Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone would be able to give me some advice? I'm staying in the premier inn at southport near ormskirk the night before, anyone know the best route to get to edge hill that morning?

The bus is your easiest route. Don't get the train! (You have to go basically into Liverpool then change for the Ormskirk line) takes about an hour and a half on the train,
Just get the bus it's about a fiver

Also it's £3 for a taxi to the uni from town or about a 15 minute walk, the edge link probably won't be running =)
Hi i'm not entirely sure, its advertised for year 12 students so i presume thats just uk residents? Also i think the application is closed, when i applied in march it said closing date was the 9th may for me? Not sure you may have to contact Edge Hill to find out

Hi, thanks for your help. I've already sent them an email and they told me I could apply even if I wasn't from the UK, but thanks anyway!

I've another question, in the personal statement do I only have to explain why I have selected my chosen subject area and how the residential will benefit me in making your decision about Higher Education? Or do I have to include anything else?
Reply 38
Original post by tingting.
Hi, thanks for your help. I've already sent them an email and they told me I could apply even if I wasn't from the UK, but thanks anyway!

I've another question, in the personal statement do I only have to explain why I have selected my chosen subject area and how the residential will benefit me in making your decision about Higher Education? Or do I have to include anything else?

Aw thats really good then!!

I'm not 100% sure i know its to include those things, have you had a look on the website where it tells you what to included? I just included what it asked me and i got in so!
Reply 39
Original post by Jackieox
The bus is your easiest route. Don't get the train! (You have to go basically into Liverpool then change for the Ormskirk line) takes about an hour and a half on the train,
Just get the bus it's about a fiver

Also it's £3 for a taxi to the uni from town or about a 15 minute walk, the edge link probably won't be running =)

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending