The Student Room Group

Controversial hate preacher attacked by students

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inhuman
No. So you just admitted you were talking gibberish when you said it's attempted murder.

Glad that is cleared up.

No I believe anyone who uses their full strength and hits someone over the head with a bat, should be prosecuted for attempted murder. I didn't say that is the law.
Original post by inhuman
Once again a ludicrous comment from you. How could you have missed that this was at a high school...

Because I was using my phone which doesn't show the youtube video.
He has the right to free speech. He shouldn't be assaulted, period. Another example of far left intolerance.
Reply 63
Original post by thunder_chunky
He has the right to free speech. He shouldn't be assaulted, period. Another example of far left intolerance.

Ironic.

He is being intolerant.

And usually it is the far left that are way too tolerant of everybody and everything.
Original post by MotorboatMyGoat
Jesus Christ you are an idiot.

While I wouldn't use that example, the logic is sound; you are clearly very confused to claim it is attempted murder. Such a charge requires intent to kill, not merely the fact that the act could lead to death

Does he have the right to use violent, sexually suggestive language to underage girls saying they "deserve be raped"? I would say not.

You can't defend that without also defending someone's right (because it's "free speech", apparently) to go up to a 13 year old girl and whisper in her ear "I'd like to **** you". Are you okay with that too?
Original post by inhuman
Ironic.

He is being intolerant.

And usually it is the far left that are way too tolerant of everybody and everything.

The same far left that tries to silence people, shout them down, Attacks their social media etc etc? The left can be pretty intolerant, and that's coming from a lefty.
He may be intolerant, but it's better to confront him verbally send to challenge him verbally than to physically assault him.

Original post by Thutmose-III
Does he have the right to use violent, sexually suggestive language to underage girls saying they "deserve be raped"? I would say not.

You can't defend that without also defending someone's right (because it's "free speech", apparently) to go up to a 13 year old girl and whisper in her ear "I'd like to **** you". Are you okay with that too?

He has the right to speak his mind. You can either listen or choose to be offended. I would say that the chosen reaction shouldn't be to assault him.
Bear in mind, I'm not condoning anything he says. But I'd much prefer to go up to him and challenge his views. Idiots should have their views exposed, but if you start hitting them, it just makes you look like a putz.
Reply 67
The same far left that tries to silence people, shout them down, Attacks their social media etc etc? The left can be pretty intolerant, and that's coming from a lefty.
He may be intolerant, but it's better to confront him verbally send to challenge him verbally than to physically assault him.

He has the right to speak his mind. You can either listen or choose to be offended. I would say that the chosen reaction shouldn't be to assault him.
Bear in mind, I'm not condoning anything he says. But I'd much prefer to go up to him and challenge his views. Idiots should have their views exposed, but if you start hitting them, it just makes you look like a putz.

I think you have a rather different idea of "free speech" than other posters (including me).

And yes, I actually agree that, while vile piece of **** "deserved" it, it was illegal to hit him around the head with a baseball bat.
A YouTube attention seeker who calls himself "Brother" Dean Saxton decided to turn up outside a school in America and preaching anti-gay slogans while holding up a sign saying "You deserve to be raped" (I think that one was supposed to be directed at the heterosexual girls, though, for some imagined infraction). Video below, the assault is at 17:10 but watch at least few minutes before to get some context

Many of the students tried to argue reasonably with him. A slightly older man came and warned him that what he was doing was highly inappropriate (a fully grown man creeping around outside a school harassing students) and he should probably leave. Then a female student hits him in the head with a baseball bat and he runs away with his tail between his legs, whining and crying. Now that girl has been charged with "felony assault" for which she could serve three years in prison.

Let me say first that this man wouldn't be able to do what he does in America (hang around outside schools harassing students) in England; he would be arrested and charged for public order offences, and there are obvious child protection issues. Second, I find it impossible to feel sorry for this man; he's an attention-seeker and a provocateur, and he provoked a reaction. Maybe not the one he wanted, but if you play stupid games then you win stupid prizes. "Brother Dean" has subsequently called the assailant an "LGBT monster"

Two funny comments from the video. "Why'd you run? You forgot to turn the other cheek" and "lol preacher scrub got rekt 420 hail satan"

[video="youtube;XxOvf-AmvyU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxOvf-AmvyU[/video]

I watched about 2 minutes at different intervals and i saw people getting very emotional and angry at his views, threatening to knock him out and get take his phone before a baseball bat to his head.

People are allowed to say things and express views you might strongly disagree with. You are never justified in attacking that person
I'm not sure if that was supposed to be some kind of cutting sneer. I'm looking at these two publications as in 1885 on one of my family's properties in Long Crendon, Oxfordshire a hoard of Elizabethan and Jacobean coins was found. As happened at the time, the Mint/Treasury on behalf of the monarch claimed many of the best specimens, and we kept the rest and the containers in which they were found.

The coins and containers are still in the family, we wanted to go back to articles printed in the Thame Gazette to find out more about the hoard, the coins that the Treasury kept, etc. Personally I enjoy researching my family's history but even if this was simply an area in which I had a nerdish interest, I'm not sure why you'd think I should be embarrassed by it.

The comment simply causes you to come across as cranky and vulgar

The peasant is toying with the lordship
While I wouldn't use that example, the logic is sound; you are clearly very confused to claim it is attempted murder. Such a charge requires intent to kill, not merely the fact that the act could lead to death

The logic is ****. I clearly said anyone who hits someone over the head with a feckin bat using their full strength, should be prosecuted for attempted murder. I didn't say that is the law. I'm sick of people like you arguing over nothing
Reply 71
The logic is ****. I clearly said anyone who hits someone over the head with a feckin bat using their full strength, should be prosecuted for attempted murder. I didn't say that is the law. I'm sick of people like you arguing over nothing

Really?
He didn't go up to them though did he, they walked to him. No matter how hateful that Christian is, I can't believe you think it's ok to hit someone over the head because they offended you. Yes hitting someone over the head with a baseball bat is "attempted murder"
Yes hitting someone over the head with a baseball bat is "attempted murder"

I think even two of these wouldn't be enough:

:facepalm:
His comments are disgusting and both of his videos are ridiculous and harmful. However, nobody should have violently attacked him. He should have been arrested for hate crimes or removed from the area. Nobody should have laid their hands on him - they should have laughed, been angry, whatever, and walked along home.
Original post by inhuman
Really?

I think even two of these wouldn't be enough:

:facepalm:

Did I say that was the law? No. Feck off Jesus Christ how sad do you want to be
Reply 74
Did I say that was the law? No. Feck off Jesus Christ how sad do you want to be

Keep digging. This is fun.
Original post by inhuman
Keep digging. This is fun.

Wtf are you on about. You so sad
Reply 76
Original post by *Stefan*
It is unacceptable to use violence against someone who 'preaches' hate, no matter how disgusting what they say is. End of.

This. I don't have any sympathy for this vile man going to a school and preaching this stuff, but two wrongs don't make a right, it doesn't justify violence, assault is assault no matter who it's against and looking at his video he posted since, this sort of stuff fuels the anti-LGBT agenda.

The way to respond to hate preachers is either completely ignore them, or do something like in these videos which I personally think are brilliant responses:

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 77
Wtf are you on about. You so sad

I am on about the fact that you can't even admit when you made a mistake. Even when I proved you wrong by quotes.
Reply 78
You are a joke. Wtf is this
"No I believe anyone who uses their full strength and hits someone over the head with a bat, should be prosecuted for attempted murder. I didn't say that is the law."

Learn to feckin read now feck off you sad f*ck

I will repeat myself because it's too much fun.

Your original post:

He didn't go up to them though did he, they walked to him. No matter how hateful that Christian is, I can't believe you think it's ok to hit someone over the head because they offended you. Yes hitting someone over the head with a baseball bat is "attempted murder"

Yes hitting someone over the head with a baseball bat is "attempted murder"

The text you quoted of yourself was of something you had written at a later stage, after which I had already pointed out to you that it is not attempted murder. It was just a desperate attempt by you to try and talk your way out of it.

ps the fact that you have now resulted to outright obscene insults just makes you look even sillier.
Original post by Olie
two wrongs don't make a right, it doesn't justify violence, assault is assault no matter who it's against and looking at his video he posted since, this sort of stuff fuels the anti-LGBT agenda.

You're completely right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending