The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spock's Socks
You'll be fine and I hope you get a therapist that suits you and not one as bad as mine :laugh: do you think you might get another course of ERP therapy?

Thanks! Taking a wee while to get used to but I like it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sure hope so!
Thanks! It would be nice!
Yeah yours doesnt seem very good! Do you think youll get another one? 4 weeks is a long time between appointments!
I dont know, i hope not tbh. It doesnt work with my cleaning issue, but it has removed my intrusive thoughts (mostly). So we shall see.

No worries! Its something a bit different but im glad you like it too! :biggrin:
Original post by Sabertooth
My bad. I forgot to spoiler my recent conversation. Tbh I'm a little unsure what needs to be spoilered but I'll try to be a bit more careful in the future. :colondollar:

Original post by McNuggetsAhoy
Sorry about that. I'll try and remember in future.

Dw peeps, just wanted to flag it up so that we all remember :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eleanor27
what's happened? :frown: hope you're ok :hugs:

Just family stuff :/
And thank you :hugs: hope you are too x
Feel even worse today which I didn't think was possible :frown: And I have my Mum on my back because I haven't got a job and I just want to go and crawl into a hole and never come out :frown:
Read a few posts on here about people wishing they were in a psychiatric hospital. Can I just say they are not somewhere to aspire to or places where things get magically better. Same ****, different setting in my experience.
just spent 4 hours in A&E, exhausted, stressed and now have to revise all night to make up for those lost hours... really struggling :frown:
Dealing with ignorant people online as usual, I mentioned a bad experience I had with work years ago to be accused of blaming others, and having a victim mentality and it wasn't trolling it was just ignorance as he was talking about how he lives in the real world as he works and pays taxes (he also had the usual everyone on benefits is lazy mentality)

When I said he lived in a bubble he claimed to be a carer for a relative, have another relative on drugs, one that commited suicide etc therefore that meant he had better knowledge than me.

Why do such ignorant people exist?
Anxiety is so bad tonight and i don't often say that but it really is :redface:
hope everyone is ok x
Original post by Anonymous
Anxiety is so bad tonight and i don't often say that but it really is :redface:
hope everyone is ok x

Sorry to hear that. :hugs:

Do you have any coping mechanisms? For me, I tend to reach for medication when I get really bad anxiety so it might be worth you talking to your doctor if you want to take that route? There's also stuff like relaxing music, a hot drink, a bath etc I'm sure other people here are better able to give you non-drug ideas. I hope you feel better soon.
Have had hardly any sleep and now I have a 12 hour + day to do without completely screwing things up. Lovely.
Being crippled by feelings of guilt and uselessness which are filling my mind and somehow I've got to go and concentrate on volunteering today :frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
Sorry to hear that. :hugs:

Do you have any coping mechanisms? For me, I tend to reach for medication when I get really bad anxiety so it might be worth you talking to your doctor if you want to take that route? There's also stuff like relaxing music, a hot drink, a bath etc I'm sure other people here are better able to give you non-drug ideas. I hope you feel better soon.

:hugs:
Not really :/ usually just wait until it goes off by itself or just lie in bed trying to breathe. I would like medicine to make it stop or slow my heart and stop the palpitations but I've already been and they didn't do anything so.
Thank you Sabertooth x
feel really alone. did my last exam today.
Reply 713
Being super busy today doing housework wooo.

Got my interview tomorrow and got a meeting with the homeless people at the council to see if i can get a flat!

Really hope they both go well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dunno what to do with myself... Sounds trivial but have this toxic mix of boredom and not even having the motivation or levels of concentration to do anything to tackle the boredom. So then all the flood of useless/toxic/negative emotions comes in and i'm bound for acting out :frown: feel constricted.
3rd week on Sertraline and it's working really well for me.

I feel like staying alive and my anxiety is down. Have also lost the stone I stressed ate in April. Woo!

Also received my ASD diagnosis today so it wasn't in my head.
Everything that's going on at home is just doing my head in :sad: I'm in a bad state as it is and my mood swings really are horrible - one minute I'm happy and the other I'm just annoyed at someone or myself or I just hate myself. This is also my first time posting on this thread :redface:
Currently on the train atm to go and visit Callan on his last ever day at college. Nervous as hell. I used to make this journey a few times a week about 4 years ago and in the last year, I've only managed it one other time than this. Feel sick with nerves :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone mind if I private message them? Don't want to trigger anyone
I just want it all the stop :sad: :emo:

Latest