The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 1 06/06/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hw1221
If I got a B this year, do you think it would be stupid to resit next year in order to get an A?

I don't think it would be stupid - it depends on your targets. I got a B and I am resitting unit 1.
Original post by Pokémontrainer
I don't think it would be stupid - it depends on your targets. I got a B and I am resitting unit 1.

Ok, do you have any tips to avoid getting a B?
Original post by hw1221
Ok, do you have any tips to avoid getting a B?

Well I got an A in unit 2 and a C in unit 1. So I'd say don't underestimate how hard unit 1 actually is - I got caught up on timing.
Reply 303
Well I got an A in unit 2 and a C in unit 1. So I'd say don't underestimate how hard unit 1 actually is - I got caught up on timing.

wow you did well for unit 2...

how much revision did you do and any tips? My exam is in 7 days and i am not confident:frown:
Original post by xxvine
wow you did well for unit 2...

how much revision did you do and any tips? My exam is in 7 days and i am not confident:frown:

For unit 2 I did revision for about two evenings before the exam. For unit 1 I started a week before my exam, but that didn't go well... Timing, timing and timing. That's the key.
Reply 305
For unit 2 I did revision for about two evenings before the exam. For unit 1 I started a week before my exam, but that didn't go well... Timing, timing and timing. That's the key.

what topics did you do?

Thankyou, I have already experienced running out of time in an exam this year so I being very careful from now on 😂
Hey does anyone know where to find examples for this unit *especially pressure groups and political parties* xx thanks in advance xo
Original post by hw1221
Thankyou, I have already experienced running out of time in an exam this year so I being very careful from now on 😂

you seem like your struggling a little

do u want my definition 5 marker word document?
I've seen a lot of people predicting there to be a question on referendums, do you think thats likely? it did come up in 2014 and a bit in 2012
Original post by harrygrox

Please, yes please. Please yes.
I second that too please
Original post by Sarpedon
Please, yes please. Please yes.

For 5 markers should we give one example or not? Because in the examiners report they're always saying how students underestimate how much knowledge you need an end up under writing. Or they waffle far too much and over write. A lot of people don't achieve balance. ANy tips on that? its only 5 marks but it could change grades if you got all of them in the bag.
Original post by xxvine
Wow going to revise that lol

I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: good luck in the exam!!!!
Original post by harrygrox

What made you think that? and yeah that would be great if you dont mind :smile:
Does anyone know how to get full marks in the 10 markers?
Hiya, just wondering if anyone is planning on doing the political parties question? If so, if they ask about current party policies, I'm wondering how current 'current' is, like for Labour would that be Jeremy Corbyn plans or the 2015 manifesto plans?
Guys we have 2 days and 5 hours I am incredibly scared
Original post by Sylavela
Guys we have 2 days and 5 hours I am incredibly scared

Im terrified 😭😭😭
Reply 318
Looks like its time to start revision. New to the thread so was wondering if there are any revision documents floating around?? Any help is appreciated.
Original post by stepholmes
Hiya, just wondering if anyone is planning on doing the political parties question? If so, if they ask about current party policies, I'm wondering how current 'current' is, like for Labour would that be Jeremy Corbyn plans or the 2015 manifesto plans?

You should definitely talk about Jeremy Corbyn's ideologies/policy proposals- shows the examiner you keep up with current affairs!

Original post by namjoonu
Hey does anyone know where to find examples for this unit *especially pressure groups and political parties* xx thanks in advance xo

For political parties (sorry i'm not doing pressure groups), just look at what cameron and corbyn both want in each policy area, e.g. in education, economy, defence, etc. Keep up to date with the news, the examiners really like that apparently.

Edit: Actually, for pressure groups, I remember my teacher telling us to look up relevant pressure groups- so for example, find particular pressure groups and research them, e.g. were they successful in proposing new legislation- which you could use in a "success of pressure groups" essay, or something.

hope I helped :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending