The Student Room Group

A-level Insight days 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
By not preparing.. Seriously, I'd take it easy. Keep up with news and stuff, but don't go overboard. Your job is to make a good impression and to speak with/network with others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay perfect, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
you literally need to turn up and show interest. you can prepare by thinking of any qns you want to ask the grads in the 30-40 mins you get to speak to them, thats about it. get to know your sw competition as well :smile:
Are there applications for insight days?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by verier
Are there applications for insight days?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not really the target demographic for these insight days..
What about other insight days?
Original post by verier
What about other insight days?

Eh? The only other ones are the ones that pop up during the academic year for uni students (usually first years). It's not particularly relevant to this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got CS as well, see you all there!:smile:
for insight days that have follow up interviews for SW, do you pick which division or what?
Original post by Daniel9998
for insight days that have follow up interviews for SW, do you pick which division or what?

The CS SW is general FO or BO (ofc you then have to indicate which part of the bank you want to convert into). RBS asks you to order your preferences on the programme, then your sorted based on how well you scored in the aptitude tests.

Nomura have already given out fast track offers obvs

Posted from TSR Mobile
The CS SW is general FO or BO (ofc you then have to indicate which part of the bank you want to convert into). RBS asks you to order your preferences on the programme, then your sorted based on how well you scored in the aptitude tests.

Nomura have already given out fast track offers obvs

Posted from TSR Mobile

cheers
Just sent off my application to ms(1day before deadline), am i likely to get rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 151
Original post by cracker96
Just sent off my application to ms(1day before deadline), am i likely to get rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't think so as I don't think they are giving offers on a rolling basis (I might be wrong). I applied back in January and haven't heard anything yet. I e-mailed again regarding the status of my application and they simply confirmed they had my application.

Did you apply to any others?
Reply 152
Does anyone know how many people are going to the CS insight day?
Original post by BWTS
Does anyone know how many people are going to the CS insight day?

50-100, something in that range

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year(s) when did you get offers/rejections from the banks that closed applications in early June (like JPM and MS this year)?
Reply 155
50-100, something in that range

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by usualsuspects
Last year(s) when did you get offers/rejections from the banks that closed applications in early June (like JPM and MS this year)?

last year I heard people receive offers at exactly 13:26 on the 11/06/15, but I heard some people got offers at 13:30 so might be different this year.
last year I heard people receive offers at exactly 13:26 on the 11/06/15, but I heard some people got offers at 13:30 so might be different this year.

He was just asking a question mate, no need to make a joke about it, he's not asking the same type of questions as Studos did
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
He was just asking a question mate, no need to make a joke about it, he's not asking the same type of questions as Studos did

Yes I understand he was just asking a question..and as you said yourself, it was just a joke. Wasn't insulting him.
Yes I understand he was just asking a question..and as you said yourself, it was just a joke. Wasn't insulting him.

Fair play

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending