The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zayn is Bae
When was the last time Wilshit played 90 minutes for Arsenal

Posted from TSR Mobile

70 minutes of Wilgoat then subbed off >>> 90 minutes of Danny
Original post by difeo
70 minutes of Wilgoat then subbed off >>> 90 minutes of Danny

Wilshere literally doesn't do anything lol, and certainly not for England. His passing game is suited to the Spanish national side, not the English. Drinkwater was clearly a better option (he had to go, preferably ahead of Wilshere but either one of Hendo or Milner should've dropped them). His long balls to Vardy>> (4 assists from his own half last season, most in the PL).

Posted from TSR Mobile
True. To put it into context though, I know a few people in banking in London at JP Morgan, Deutch Bank etc (and working in IB which Luke isn't iirc) and they're starting on £45-50,000, so this would be a full £35,000+ more than them.

I'm not gonna lie mate, it's absolutely ridiculous.

However it's more of a "panic wage". They're paying us so much because they'll get fined billions if these reviews aren't done. Although they pay us loads, it's nothing compared to how bad the fines would be.

Additionally they are short term contracts which puts people off. The role is being slowly removed so in total it'll have only been around for about 3-4 years I believe.

Perfect for me because short term fit in with my uni schedule but a lot of people wouldn't take a £39k job that only got extended 6 months at a time.
Wilshere literally doesn't do anything lol, and certainly not for England. His passing game is suited to the Spanish national side, not the English. Drinkwater was clearly a better option (he had to go, preferably ahead of Wilshere but either one of Hendo or Milner should've dropped them). His long balls to Vardy>> (4 assists from his own half last season, most in the PL).

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of the worst things you've ever said, and that's saying something. He's been MOTM in 6 of his last 9 England starts

Awful stat, all it indicates is that Leicester play long ball and Vardy has been finishing well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually thought you had some good football knowledge, shame to see potential go to waste.
Peyton Sawyer is destined for greatness.
The irony of Ali's post.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AliRizzo
Actually thought you had some good football knowledge, shame to see potential go to waste.

It's more the fact that Wilshere isn't suited to this particular England team (whereas he would be for say Spain or Germany). He thrives when playing in a possession based team, quick passes in tight spaces, breaking down an opposition and fairly slow transition play then breaking into life in the final third. I expect us to play counter attacking, dropping deep and quick transitions with long balls into Vardy in behind the defence. Drinkwater is clearly more suited to this than Jack (both because of the club connection, but he's shown all season that he's suited to this style of play, 4 assists from within his own half as I said). Me saying he's better than Drinkwater is half bias half trolling, but I don't see him performing the role in the same way if that's how we end up playing (Roy may have another system in mind and suit me wrong however).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by difeo

One of the worst things you've ever said, and that's saying something. He's been MOTM in 6 of his last 9 England starts

Awful stat, all it indicates is that Leicester play long ball and Vardy has been finishing well

Zurich is that you
It's more the fact that Wilshere isn't suited to this particular England team (whereas he would be for say Spain or Germany). He thrives when playing in a possession based team, quick passes in tight spaces, breaking down an opposition and fairly slow transition play then breaking into life in the final third. I expect us to play counter attacking, dropping deep and quick transitions with long balls into Vardy in behind the defence. Drinkwater is clearly more suited to this than Jack (both because of the club connection, but he's shown all season that he's suited to this style of play, 4 assists from within his own half as I said). Me saying he's better than Drinkwater is half bias half trolling, but I don't see him performing the role in the same way if that's how we end up playing (Roy may have another system in mind and suit me wrong however).

Posted from TSR Mobile

strong desperate backtracking to try and prove you don't judge players off facebook comments and tweets
Original post by Jimmy Seville
The irony of Ali's post.

Get off my cock bro, can't believe I spent many hours arguing with BTEC Barry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not necessarily. During the qualifiers Wilshere was playing as a deep lying playmaker, which he's more suited to for this England squad (the system you were just talking about, differs from the Arsenal one as you presumed). Those long balls over the top which you associated to Drinkwater was pretty much what Wilshere was mastering throughout the qualifiers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Get off my cock bro, can't believe I spent many hours arguing with BTEC Barry.

*Says I'm literally too stupid to argue against*

*Argues against me*

*Says I'm literally too stupid to argue against*

*Argues against me*

No need to steal difeo's content lad. Would be nice if you posted the full quote in too.
No need to steal difeo's content lad. Would be nice if you posted the full quote in too.

Technically he stole it from you.
Reply 4775
Drinkwater should be in the squad over the likes of Milner and Henderson. Back up to Dier.

Wilshere should be starting.
Zayn and Gigi are a real power couple.

lmao they split up.
lmao they split up.

It's ********

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get paid weekly but for some reason in my most recent payslip I had significantly less income tax than normal.

I'm not gonna complain about being up by £123 but it seems a bit random. Am I missing something here?
Reply 4779

Latest