The Student Room Group

LSE Finance BSc 2017 Applicants

Hey, I was wondering who else is applying for this course. Also are LSE likely to accept me if I have average GCSE grades, however Meet or even top their Entry Requirements?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mahmzo
Hey, I was wondering who else is applying for this course. Also are LSE likely to accept me if I have average GCSE grades, however Meet or even top their Entry Requirements?

I have applied:smile: idk about gcse grades, what r ur a2 predictions?
Original post by mahmzo

I've applied too! Have you gotten a reply yet? As long as they meet the requirements it should be fine because it mostly comes down to your PS, as I've heard. :smile:
Reply 3
Got my 8 week email, guess I will hear from them in Jan 2017
What does 8 week email mean?
Reply 5
Original post by 333777333
What does 8 week email mean?

It basically says you have passed the initial review, and has been passed to the Admissions Selector for the BSc in Finance programme for further consideration, which will take "8 weeks" usually. Thus the name 8 week email.
Original post by brianyehbear
Got my 8 week email, guess I will hear from them in Jan 2017

Can you tell me what your A2 subjects and predictions are?
lool I got that email this time last year and heard back in March
Reply 8
Original post by rithwik12
Can you tell me what your A2 subjects and predictions are?

Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics, Extended Project Qualification

Predicted: A*, A*, A*, A, A Respectively
Got 8 weeks mail by 7th November
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics, Extended Project Qualification

Predicted: A*, A*, A*, A, A Respectively

Are you asian?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by ozzysltv

yes indeed:biggrin: you could pretty much tell from my subject combination. Thats the Typical Asian Hardcore Combination
Do you guys think whether there will be any increase in intake for bsc finance compared to last year ( 30 seats and 552 applicant which is super competitive) ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Akhil1999.gs
Do you guys think whether there will be any increase in intake for bsc finance compared to last year ( 30 seats and 552 applicant which is super competitive) ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol really 30 seats? Which website did you see that from? It is not stated in the LSE website is it
lol really 30 seats? Which website did you see that from? It is not stated in the LSE website is it

It is stated on LSE's website fyi

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/howToApply/DepartmentalAdmissionsCriteria2017/finance.aspx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe if this year there will be even more applicants they will increase the intake. Also it could depend on whether the new course was successful in its first year. I'm not sure though, just guessing:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ozzysltv
Maybe if this year there will be even more applicants they will increase the intake. Also it could depend on whether the new course was successful in its first year. I'm not sure though, just guessing:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even I am thinking the same because they might have considered the first year as a trial run and I guess the course is pretty much successful as the Dept of finance at LSE is world renowned for their excellence :wink:
Any other offers yet guys?
Original post by LearnEconomics!
Any other offers yet guys?

Its been so long since I haven't heard anyone's getting offer for finance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its been so long since I haven't heard anyone's getting offer for finance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck anyway! Which week email are you in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending