The Student Room Group

postgraduate loans

I am part way through the first year of an MA Fine Art course, will I be able to get a postgraduate loan for my second year?
Original post by Bob Spriggs
I am part way through the first year of an MA Fine Art course, will I be able to get a postgraduate loan for my second year?

I'm afraid not.

The initial guidance from SFE hinted that this would be possible but they've since confirmed that only people on courses that start after August 2016 will be eligible.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
I'm afraid not.

The initial guidance from SFE hinted that this would be possible but they've since confirmed that only people on courses that start after August 2016 will be eligible.

If I discontinue my course, having completed less than half of it , and re-apply for September 2016 will I then be eligible for a postgrad loan?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bob Spriggs
If I discontinue my course, having completed less

If you leave your current course without a Masters qualification AND start a new different Masters course from scratch (carrying across completed credits makes the course ineligible - it has to be a full Masters and not just a top up from a PGDip or PGCert).

If this is something you're considering then I'd suggest you apply as soon as applications open so that you can get confirmation from SFE that they'd fund you before you withdraw/exit from your current course.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
If you leave your current course without a Masters qualification AND start a new different Masters course from scratch (carrying across completed credits makes the course ineligible - it has to be a full Masters and not just a top up from a PGDip or PGCert).

If this is something you're considering then I'd suggest you apply as soon as applications open so that you can get confirmation from SFE that they'd fund you before you withdraw/exit from your current course.

Thanks. The original guidance from SFE was confusing this has cleared things up a lot. I'll have to think carefully about my options.

Quick Reply

Latest