The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NHM
I don't think examiners bother looking through the student room in their spare time...
It was a joke.
Does real world application count as IDA?
Original post by hanna23810

Yeah it does
Original post by hanna23810

Yep.

Does anyone know if you can include gender dysphoria in the biosocial approach even if it doesn't say "with reference to gender dysphoria"? Because if so then that's one essay for two questions
for sleep, is it possible that they ask us a whole 24 marker on just exogenous zeitgebers or endogenous pacemakers? Also, is a 24 marker on ultradian or infradian cycles possible?
Reply 1625
You know for Kohlbergs theory to gender one of my A02 points is on preferential looking which is to do with Slaby and Freys study. Can anyone help me out with how to make this a good A02 point please?
Original post by mrsulaimaankhan
What subjects do you do? You barely learn anything in psychology, you just get a basic background on something and copy it over lol compared to Chemistry or Biology or Maths. Anyway you 5 days is enough so long as you have have done something before. Brief outline was to note that you do about 2/3 good 80-100 word paragraphs. You don't need to fit in 5 pages. You are trying to make it way more complex than it is.

Why are you making it out to be undoable?

Oh and I can say it because I did 2/3 of a paper and got a C. Not great yeah but I did miss 1/3 of all marks, yet still did alright so yeah... I also got A* in the psya4 unit lol so I do think I know what I am talking about.

What did you get overall? For A2 and the A Level overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1627
Original post by Oiseaux
It was a joke.

Wasn't funny tho. :frown:
Original post by toetothunder
for sleep, is it possible that they ask us a whole 24 marker on just exogenous zeitgebers or endogenous pacemakers? Also, is a 24 marker on ultradian or infradian cycles possible?

Yes, the role of EP&EZ are very likely to come up as 8+16! Not really for ultradian and infradian... What can you put for AO2? That they don't exist?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TMC113
Yes, the role of EP&EZ are very likely to come up as 8+16! Not really for ultradian and infradian... What can you put for AO2? That they don't exist?

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow i've just spent the last 2 hours or so learning ultradian and infradian in detail:s-smilie: for the EP and EZ would they be asked separately or as one question, as theres quite a bit of content for both?
Can gender dysphoria be asked as a separate question from the biosocial approach of gender development? e.g. outline and evaluate the explanations of gender dysphoria.
Reply 1631
Original post by mattmcl98
Can gender dysphoria be asked as a separate question from the biosocial approach of gender development? e.g. outline and evaluate the explanations of gender dysphoria.

According to Loopa..
Hmm... I did only 2 nights to be more accurate :s-smilie:.

My point was that it's doable for the people who have left it late. I have defo put 100s of hours already this year into but memorsing literally word for word isn't the best strategy at this stage. You would be much better of spending the the remaining 5 days actually learning enough for each essay than memorise every single word. You won't get 100% for copy and pasting. My outline thing was a plan, which is extremely useful in keep a composed and to the point answer rather than slogging on with jargon. I learn this from History AS.
You are right to say though that 5 days isn't enough if you just start now, you'd have had to already done the essays and got a feel for them.

my other point was that you should always make sure you learn ALL THE ESSAYS rather than leave 1 or 2 out. The essay I hadn't revised came up and I just left it because I didn't have enough information. DON'T GAMBLE like I did. Trust me lol. Learn from my mistake.

Also I overall got AAA for all my subjects, but I am applying for oxford for comp sci, so yeah... incase you guys maybe looking down on me 0_0. I am doing a couple of module retakes lol.

Dont know how im looking down on you.... Just because youre applying for oxford doesnt mean youll get in, and it doesnt affect me so i dont see the need to bring something like that up. Most have started late but i was saying that psych is a subject where it has alot of content hence people might get misinformed thinking 2 nights revision is enough.... The fact you said night now makes me doubt that you either had to have done some prior to that or just had a really good memory and already knew most of the studies. I dont see how it would be physically possible to cram an entire exam worth of information in two nights...

No one is saying by memorizing it has to be word for word.... you memorize the studies eval points etc and then develop and word how you would. It would take ages if someone was going word for word.
Original post by A-LJLB
Yep.

Does anyone know if you can include gender dysphoria in the biosocial approach even if it doesn't say "with reference to gender dysphoria"? Because if so then that's one essay for two questions

June 2013 q only mentioned biosocial and in MS:
"Gender dysphoria is included in this part of the Specification. There are a variety of explanations for gender dysphoria, including attachment problems, parental influence, psychoanalytic approaches, and biological factors (sex hormones, genetics). It can be used to illustrate and discuss the biosocial approach to gender development and can earn marks across the scale if used in this way. However the biosocial approach itself must be clearly described and used as a framework for the discussion of gender dysphoria for credit to be earned as either AO1 illustration or AO2/AO3 evaluation"
Original post by Oiseaux
I bet the examiners are reading this thread and laughing to themselves about how wrong we are with our predictions :colonhash:

lmao
Original post by toetothunder
wow i've just spent the last 2 hours or so learning ultradian and infradian in detail:s-smilie: for the EP and EZ would they be asked separately or as one question, as theres quite a bit of content for both?

Probably one question, if asked separately you would probably use the same content but just emphasise the 'role of' more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bekah22
June 2013 q only mentioned biosocial and in MS:
"Gender dysphoria is included in this part of the Specification. There are a variety of explanations for gender dysphoria, including attachment problems, parental influence, psychoanalytic approaches, and biological factors (sex hormones, genetics). It can be used to illustrate and discuss the biosocial approach to gender development and can earn marks across the scale if used in this way. However the biosocial approach itself must be clearly described and used as a framework for the discussion of gender dysphoria for credit to be earned as either AO1 illustration or AO2/AO3 evaluation"

wasn't june 2013 Kohlberg's theory ?
What subjects do you do? You barely learn anything in psychology, you just get a basic background on something and copy it over lol compared to Chemistry or Biology or Maths. Anyway you 5 days is enough so long as you have have done something before. Brief outline was to note that you do about 2/3 good 80-100 word paragraphs. You don't need to fit in 5 pages. You are trying to make it way more complex than it is.

Why are you making it out to be undoable?

Oh and I can say it because I did 2/3 of a paper and got a C. Not great yeah but I did miss 1/3 of all marks, yet still did alright so yeah... I also got A* in the psya4 unit lol so I do think I know what I am talking about.

I do biology mate, so again dont know what youre trying to prove lol? Barely learn anything? the same thing can be said for biology we cover it in depth but it still just a more comprehensive background A levels arent supposed to be this in depth subject where you need to know everything about it.

Yeh exactly you just said 5 days is enough ASLONG AS YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING BEFORE.... Thats what were saying you said 2 nights is enough but you obviously must have done something prior to that.
Original post by brown_eyes
wasn't june 2013 Kohlberg's theory ?

yep oops, meant jan 2013
Does anyone have any IDA points for the effects of culture on relationships as I can't seem to find any

Latest

Trending

Trending