The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NHM
I think you're meant to talk about Money et als biosocial theory and Eagly and woods theory (you may have different)

Then regarding gender dysphoria I saw on a past markscheme for this question you can use gender dysphoria :-)

As in Wood and Eagleys social role theory?
So I can talk about both then?
Reply 1641
Original post by Marli-Ruth
As in Wood and Eagleys social role theory?
So I can talk about both then?

I think so... I'll post a link to the mark scheme soon so you can look at it :-)
Original post by ktmartini
Hey, as far as I see it, the whole Money/ Eagley biosocial approach is how you would respond to a question like "Describe the biosocial approach to gender" and then you can use gender dysphoria as an answer to a question about research and evidence for it. Hope that makes sense!

Ohhhhhhh so use gender dysphoria for the AO2 of the biosocial approach?
Original post by NHM
I think so... I'll post a link to the mark scheme soon so you can look at it :-)

Any theory that combines biological and social factors is fine, so Eagley & Wood is fine
Reply 1644
For biosocial, you can do Eagly & Wood, Money and Ehrhardt, or gender dysphoria. BUT, to do gender dysphoria you've gotta be more careful about how you present it in terms of the interaction between biology and social influence, rather than just talking about GD as you would for its own question.

To save myself from getting confused between how I'd do GD for biosicial and how I'd do GD for its own question, I'd just stick to doing Eagly and Wood or Money and Ehrhardt for biosocial.

Eagly and Wood, I think, is easier than Money and Ehrhardt because it's a lot more specific. Money and Ehrhardt's is a bit more broad and vague, so it's risky in case you end up saying stuff that isn't creditworthy, though I have barely looked at it and have chosen to stick with describing and evaluating Eagly and Wood's social role theory.
Reply 1645
Can someone please check my biosocial to gender development essay??
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Ohhhhhhh so use gender dysphoria for the AO2 of the biosocial approach?

Yeah! Because there's evidence that social factors and biological factors both contribute to gender dysphoria so it's therefore used as evidence for the biosocial approach:smile:
Original post by Anam

I'd be happy to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1648
Original post by TMC113
I'd be happy to

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks ill pm u
Original post by TMC113
Probably one question, if asked separately you would probably use the same content but just emphasise the 'role of' more

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK, so for ultradian and infradian rhythms I can just learn them as summaries right?
Reply 1650
Original post by Anam

I know someone else is looking at it.. But I don't mind looking at it too :-)
Reply 1651
Original post by NHM
I know someone else is looking at it.. But I don't mind looking at it too :-)

Okay ill pm u too but please can you like tell me if its legit okay
Reply 1652
can someone pls help me with the sexual selection essay
if it was 4+8 what AO1 would you have to include because i feel like i have too much and I'm not sure which parts to include for a 12 marker :frown:
hi can someone please send me there biosocial explanation of gender dysphoria essay please I'm really struggling with it
Reply 1654
Original post by TMC113
I'd be happy to

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive pm'ed you have you checked it yet?
Original post by ombbk
can someone pls help me with the sexual selection essay
if it was 4+8 what AO1 would you have to include because i feel like i have too much and I'm not sure which parts to include for a 12 marker :frown:

I was just thinking the same thing and I think I'd be inclined to cut out the stuff on intra and inter sexual selection and just talk about short and long-term mating preferences.

Also, what A02 is relevant for inter and intra sexual selection as I don't seem to have any in my notes
Original post by Anam
Ive pm'ed you have you checked it yet?

Yep, I've replied

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1657
Original post by TMC113
Yep, I've replied

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks alot! But my teacher said to include the rat study as biosocial is outlining both biological and social factors of gender development so you separate them out dont you?
Original post by Anam
Thanks alot! But my teacher said to include the rat study as biosocial is outlining both biological and social factors of gender development so you separate them out dont you?

Please can you pm me your essay? I'm really stuck :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1659
Original post by hanna23810
I was just thinking the same thing and I think I'd be inclined to cut out the stuff on intra and inter sexual selection and just talk about short and long-term mating preferences.

Also, what A02 is relevant for inter and intra sexual selection as I don't seem to have any in my notes

yeah! my 24 marker is so long and i have a feeling the relationships question will be split this year so i need to have a plan for a 12 marker

I've got Buss for my AO2 for intersexual selection and I've got Miller, Penton-Voak etc

Latest

Trending

Trending