The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

anyone here who is doing eating behaviour- quick q.. is the hypothalamus a neural mechanism????

thanx in advance
Reply 1661
Original post by Anam
Ive pm'ed you have you checked it yet?

PM'D you back :-)
Original post by Anam
Thanks alot! But my teacher said to include the rat study as biosocial is outlining both biological and social factors of gender development so you separate them out dont you?

I think you're supposed to evaluate the theories as a whole, the rat study goes against Money's biosocial theory, as it suggests that hormones influence gender behaviour... I wouldn't use it personally, but you could if you want I suppose
For a sexual selection question is it okay to just write about long term and short term mating preferences? So if a 12 mark came up would it be okay just to write about short term mating preferences?
Original post by ktmartini
Yeah! Because there's evidence that social factors and biological factors both contribute to gender dysphoria so it's therefore used as evidence for the biosocial approach:smile:

Perfect!
Does anyone have an A grade exemplar essay on exogenous zeitgebers and endogenous pacemakers? I find this section confusing and would really appreciate some help, thank you!
Can someone please read through this essay and tell me if it is an acceptable answer!!!

Question: Discuss evolutionary explanations of group aggression in humans
Original post by artymaniac
Hi,

anyone here who is doing eating behaviour- quick q.. is the hypothalamus a neural mechanism????

thanx in advance

Yeah- the hypothalamus and neurotransmitters/ hormones are what I have for neural mechanisms :smile:
Original post by Socychoictraphy
Can someone please read through this essay and tell me if it is an acceptable answer!!!

I was going to help but looking at it you do totally different topics in it than I do. I don't do lynch mobs etc
(edited 7 years ago)
If you get a D grade in psya3 and a B grade in psya4 what would that bring the whole of A2 to? anybody know?
Original post by ktmartini
Yeah- the hypothalamus and neurotransmitters/ hormones are what I have for neural mechanisms :smile:

Hormones aren't neural :wink:

Interesting, I use amygdala, pre-frontal cortex and neurotransmitters
Original post by aimsnaywux
If you get a D grade in psya3 and a B grade in psya4 what would that bring the whole of A2 to? anybody know?

Totally depends on the UMS you get
Original post by A-LJLB

Loopa prediciton says hormnal and neural explanations will be his front runner, does that mean we learn them as one? I havent learn the essay but i dont think they could ask one essay on just hormonal or one on just neural?
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Loopa prediciton says hormnal and neural explanations will be his front runner, does that mean we learn them as one? I havent learn the essay but i dont think they could ask one essay on just hormonal or one on just neural?

Technically they could but it's very unlikely, they've always asked it as one essay so I just do neural and not hormonal
Original post by Socychoictraphy

From skim reading it it looks very good and i assume youve used loopa ebook to shape the essay. However you only mentioned culturally bias once at the end, and reductionist from what i read was put half way in. I would make sure you have 2-3 solid a03 ida points to gain top marks, since a02 can be gained much easier other than really good.
really? ive just read somewhere right now that they are.. maybe im wrong tho but the hypothalamus is isnt it??Interesting
Original post by A-LJLB

Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
From skim reading it it looks very good and i assume youve used loopa ebook to shape the essay. However you only mentioned culturally bias once at the end, and reductionist from what i read was put half way in. I would make sure you have 2-3 solid a03 ida points to gain top marks, since a02 can be gained much easier other than really good.

What other IDA would be good for group aggression? I tend to steer clear of generic IDAs like 'this is deterministic as it assumes everyone is determined to do it which is false', hence why i only have one solid IDA in it and a brief mention of the other :/
Original post by artymaniac
really? ive just read somewhere right now that they are.. maybe im wrong tho but the hypothalamus is isnt it??Interesting

Hypothalamus yes as it's an area of the brain, hormones are part of the hormonal explanation not neural
Original post by TMC113
Probably one question, if asked separately you would probably use the same content but just emphasise the 'role of' more

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK, so for ultradian and infradian rhythms I can just learn them as summaries right?
Original post by A-LJLB
Totally depends on the UMS you get

that is true, ah, kinda predicting myself some grades here (silly but ah well)
I have no confidence in PSYA3 but do for PSYA4

Latest

Trending

Trending