The Student Room Group

EU Referendum STAY or LEAVE {OFFICIAL THREAD}

Poll

Stay or Leave

Should we Stay in the EU or Leave
Reply 1
Whats official about this thread? over the floods of threads asking the same question?
Another one?!:angry:
We should not take this risk while our economy is so fragile. It could take decades to recover from the 2008 credit crunch as it is. Leaving the EU could plunge us into the worse recession ever.
Too dangerous to Brexit now :angry:
EU sounds very New World Order like doesn't it?

The illuminati are often alleged to conspire to control world affairs by masterminding events and planting agents in government and corporations in order to gain political power, influence and to establish a new world order...

Events, like revolutions? I certainly know of a number of revolutions they have had their role in.

true new world.jpg

Remember the Bavarian illuminati were outlawed through edict, with the encouragement of the church back when it was strong and had influence.

I believe they push secularism because a strong Christianity or Islam would get in the way of them.

Christianity is watered down and weak, Islam is divided and killing eachother.

When you hear of the illuminati, you probably think of the media. Which people fit the bill of owning a lot of media? What about corporate power? Media control?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Ambitious1999
We should not take this risk while our economy is so fragile. It could take decades to recover from the 2008 credit crunch as it is. Leaving the EU could plunge us into the worse recession ever.
Too dangerous to Brexit now :angry:

If we have to hold off on purchasing our margarita machines for a while longer just to hold onto democracy for the foreseeable future. I think it is a sacrifice worth making.
Leave for democratic & economic reasons!

Our representatives in the EP can't propose, repeal or amend legislation! Our representatives don't have the right of legislative initiative!

Yes, the EU can be more democratic if our EP representatives had a higher turnout rate, but it isn't the most democratic option available to us. Brexit is, for the reasons above.

The UK pays a membership fee of £55 million/day; only half of that is reinvested back into our economy or infrastructure, but we have no say in what it is spent on!

We are subjected to a Customs Union, under which there is the Common External Tariff; a tariff on agricultural goods from foreign countries, made to protect EU trade by driving down competition but hurts LEDCs. It also drives up our food prices. This also furthers regional monopolies.

There's also TTIP, which makes EU governments accountable for profit loss by the US. (Like they can be fined if new legislation makes them lose profit.)(Though again I'm not expert here; do your own research and come to your own conclusion. Too busy with exams at the moment.)

The EU taxation on carbon emission drives up our energy prices. Although it has good intentions, there is no carbon emission reduction because the businesses simply relocate.

The higher energy prices have made the prices of steel extraordinarily high compared to other places, so much so no one wants to buy, jeopardising our steel industry in the UK (mainly affecting Wales, where I live.)(Thank you leave voters for futhering the disparity between us and the rest of the UK.)(I admit though I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to the steel industry, as I know there are other reasons which I have yet to fully understand, including tariffs and all that. But kudos to me I haven't debated this topic much.)(It's ironic really that so many Welsh people I know want to remain. Yes a few mention the A465 though ignoring membership fees, but all other reasons I've found have been completely invalid. Yes I acknowledge this is anecdotal evidence as well.)

I'm not against admitting my ignorance in certain topics, but from what I do know, and to my knowledge, I think the EU is bad for the economy and the principles on which the UK currently stands. My experience online and in real life has shown me that most remain supporters are so because they are impressionable or selfish.
Posting this in the news and current affairs forum wont get you anywhere, post it in chat. This section seems to lean more towards the leave side of the campaign, so the vote may be more biased.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending