The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samb1234
Probably not very. As long as you are using proper terms and aren't writing stuff like 'alcohols have a higher gasing point because they have hydrogen thingies' or similar than they probably aren't going to dock you any marks - I believe it is more about using proper scientific vocab rather than whether you have used 4 semi colons and an exclamation mark in your answer

Lol, one QWC just wanted "equilibrium can be approach from either direction". I was unsure how to mark myself for these. :tongue:

Original post by ayvaak
Just out of curiosity how many chemistry past papers can people get through in a day? I would love to have done them all before the exam but I'm not sure theres enough time.

One paper takes me aaages to complete and then mark. In comparison, I can do about 3 FM papers and 2 physics papers in that time.
Original post by ayvaak
Just out of curiosity how many chemistry past papers can people get through in a day? I would love to have done them all before the exam but I'm not sure theres enough time. Instead I might just tackle the tough ones. Any recommendations for difficult both Unit 5 and 4 past papers?

I just started with the papers for U4 actually(Did one paper till now lol). U5 will start around next week once I'm done with the Transition Metal topic. But if you are totally done with the studying part(which I'm not as I'm revising U4 Chem and Physics as well as simultaneously doing their paper), then I guess maybe 2 per day.
Original post by sabahshahed294
Hey! need some help in these MCQs please :smile:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A-Level/Chemistry/2013/Exam-materials/6CH04_01_que_20150610.pdf

6(a)- How come the answer is D instead of B?
6(b)-Not getting correct answer so just want to know my mistake here.
12(c)-Why is the answer C? Shouldn't it be D?

6a) -because 2 mol of NO2 give 1 mole of N2O4
6b) - 0.56
12c - B
Original post by TeachChemistry
6a) -because 2 mol of NO2 give 1 mole of N2O4
6b) - 0.56
12c - B

Ah yeah, sorry about Q12c. Thanks a lot for your help!
I have the same question as you. Found out while studying..but I guess the type of reaction is same and maybe that's why Ecell is the same!

Here
Here

Basically, you are trying to say that the Ecell value would remain the same and that's because of?
Basically, you are trying to say that the Ecell value would remain the same and that's because of?

Overall the same reaction takes place whether acidic or basic conditions.
Overall the same reaction takes place whether acidic or basic conditions.

Thank you very much for your help!
Reply 188
Original post by Ayman!
Lol, one QWC just wanted "equilibrium can be approach from either direction". I was unsure how to mark myself for these. :tongue:

One paper takes me aaages to complete and then mark. In comparison, I can do about 3 FM papers and 2 physics papers in that time.

yeah i would just give yourself the mark for those kind of ones
Reply 189
Could some kind person help me with the following?
Q1. If I change the solid product from an equilibrium mixture, though the equilibrium constant remains the same (as the solid is not included in equilibrium constant equation), would the equilibrium concentrations remain same or would the reaction shift backwards as product is removed?and why?
Secondly these two mcqs plz? Capture.PNG
Attachment not found
Would doing past papers from 2012 to 2016 be adequate or are the older ones worth doing? I'm asking because I don't have enough time to revise Unit 5.
Original post by Ayman!
Would doing past papers from 2012 to 2016 be adequate or are the older ones worth doing? I'm asking because I don't have enough time to revise Unit 5.

Ayman, I think it's gonna be adequate because I've heard that 2010 and 2011 papers are easy so I guess recent ones are better to do if you're lacking time!
Reply 192
Original post by Ayman!

Maybe worth looking at them and ignoring all the typical questions as there is a lot of repetition in chem papers so maybe worth checking for anything abnormal
Ayman, I think it's gonna be adequate because I've heard that 2010 and 2011 papers are easy so I guess recent ones are better to do if you're lacking time!

I'll glance through the difficult questions, thanks Sabah. :smile: Luckily my U4 is alright and I've managed to cover most of the past papers for that.

Original post by samb1234
Maybe worth looking at them and ignoring all the typical questions as there is a lot of repetition in chem papers so maybe worth checking for anything abnormal

I tend to do most of my papers as mocks. I guess I have to do only the IALs as mocks and rush through the other ones.
Original post by Ayman!
I'll glance through the difficult questions, thanks Sabah. :smile: Luckily my U4 is alright and I've managed to cover most of the past papers for that.

Welcome! I managed to cover only 3 papers till now :frown:. I'm scared now lol. I hate the boundaries for U4 tbh. I make silly mistakes and they'll be costly!
Welcome! I managed to cover only 3 papers till now :frown:. I'm scared now lol. I hate the boundaries for U4 tbh. I make silly mistakes and they'll be costly!

You don't have FP2, right? You have a good 10 days before the exam, so don't worry and get cracking!
Original post by Ayman!
You don't have FP2, right? You have a good 10 days before the exam, so don't worry and get cracking!

Nope I don't! And thank you! :smile:
Reply 197
Original post by Ayman!

I tend to do most of my papers as mocks. I guess I have to do only the IALs as mocks and rush through the other ones.

Yeah there's still a fair amount of time before unit 5 so you should be good. Are you going for the A or the A*?
Reply 198
20160601_151936.jpg
i think i understand why it would be A. Is it due to the auto ionisation of water being slightly endothermic meaning that an increase in temperature would favour ionisation? Causing an increase in Kw. The pH would still be neutral as number of H+ would be the same because H20 is in surplus?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Hey, please can someone just explain how to get the mole ratio in this calculation? I'm really struggling!! Thanks :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending