The Student Room Group

Is Donald Trump all that bad?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Roast
I think we've had this conversation before and you know very well that you took all his quotes out of context to make it seem racist, sexist, xenophobic and "islamophobic".

I'm not going to bother going to have another debate with you about this because you're mind is set.

That's not true at all. He made comments and they were what they were. That's all there is to it. They were blatantly xenophobic, racist and sexist and his response to such criticisms is like, "okay - I don't care" and then he covers his backside by saying he's "sure some of them are great people" - lmfao.
Original post by MovedMasterMike
For those of you saying that Trump is better than Hillary means that you're brainless. I can't believe people think that wtf.

You're the brainless one, Politics is a preference which is why people have different views. People will think you're brainless because you think Hillary is better than Trump
Original post by ivybridge
That's not true at all. He made comments and they were what they were. That's all there is to it. They were blatantly xenophobic, racist and sexist and his response to such criticisms is like, "okay - I don't care" and then he covers his backside by saying he's "sure some of them are great people" - lmfao.

He sure rattled your cage, hasn't he?

:yawn:
Original post by TrueDetective01
He sure rattled your cage, hasn't he?

Trump?
Trump?

Yeah
The Donald is amazing, his book The Art of the Deal is also brilliant. We need Trump as President and BoJo as PM and then we're golden. #VoteLeave.
Yeah

No not really. I just think he's an idiot. I can see sense in many things he's said but I simply do not believe he is fit for Office.
No. The media, and anti-trump radicals just love to exaggerate. I wouldn't vote for the guy myself but he isn't even all that bad. People love to bring up things he said from the past and apply to everything and then make claims that may or may not even be true.

Like if he wins, oh he's going to force women in housewives and deport every child of a immigrant back to where "they came from". See? People love to exaggerate. Trump has sass and a smart mouth but come on now. People and the media just do everything their power to says thing he never said to make him look bad than he actually is.
No not really. I just think he's an idiot. I can see sense in many things he's said but I simply do not believe he is fit for Office.

But you sound like you are genuinely threatened by him :s-smilie:
But you sound like you are genuinely threatened by him :s-smilie:

I haven't a clue how you can come to that conclusion. I don't even live in the USA; he is no threat to me whatsoever.
Yes he has been all of those things and that comment means nothing - gay men and women also voted for Mitt Romney despite his anti-gay proposals.

I don't actually care...

well i feel that is extremely ignorant of you to be honest. you should always care about the future, for your children and their children's sake.
I haven't a clue how you can come to that conclusion. I don't even live in the USA; he is no threat to me whatsoever.

Ok maybe not threatened but triggered. You sound like you are triggered by the words coming out of his mouth :s-smilie:
Original post by MovedMasterMike
For those of you saying that Trump is better than Hillary means that you're brainless. I can't believe people think that wtf.

to be honest i think anyone who supports that hypocritical, criminal is brainless, do some research - she is worse than Trump.
Original post by Razamataz666
well i feel that is extremely ignorant of you to be honest. you should always care about the future, for your children and their children's sake.

It's not ignorant not to give a toss whether or not my children will learn about Clinton or Trump or Samders in however many years time.

Ok maybe not threatened but triggered. You sound like you are triggered by the words coming out of his mouth :s-smilie:

Well they make me angry, yes... what's your point?
Original post by The Roast
I'm a bit of a strange one... I'm quite liberal, but also quite conservative... I think I might be centre-right I guess, but I don't really follow a UK party.

yes i concur with that view. it's strange - there's not really a UK party that appeals to our demographic.
Original post by Razamataz666
to be honest i think anyone who supports that hypocritical, criminal is brainless, do some research - she is worse than Trump.

Trump is a complete walking hypocrite and contradiction. I'd say do some research yourself.
It's not ignorant not to give a toss whether or not my children will learn about Clinton or Trump or Samders in however many years time.

Well they make me angry, yes... what's your point?

it is VERY ignorant and if you dont care so much why are you still here? its the same idea about global warming, why should i care if my grandchildren are the last generation?, for example. you need to learn the importance of ever issue. and the effects it may have on the future.
Trump is a complete walking hypocrite and contradiction. I'd say do some research yourself.

yes but at least he isnt a criminal, supports some of the worst trade deals in US history, supports the Iraq war and is paid off by wallstreet. while trump has been hypocritical before, its all calculated and part of political theatre - at least he sticks (generally) to his core values, foir example his stance on gay marriage which compares to Hillaries view which has changed about 50 times.
Reply 79
Original post by XOR_
I can't tell who is worse out of Hilary and Trump to be honest.

They are the most unpopular candidates in the last three decades.

This is a very favourable situation for a third candidate. It's a shame that Bloomberg doesn't run.

Quick Reply