The Student Room Group

10 hour revsion?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Lol. Just yesterday you were ranting about how 'overrated' GCSE's are. Why are you revising? Don't forget: GCSE's are overrated!

Lol I just realised that too!
I revise 12 hours a day. Follow long revision for greater success.
Original post by theBranicAc
i dont do 10 hours, i do an average of 2-3 a couple of times a day, i ust did post of it just to gather people opinions of it

Why are you doing ten hours of revision if you are in yr 10? You're not even in yr 11 yet- but you shouldn't do this then either! You DO NOT need to do ten hours of revision, you are crazy!
Trust me- I usually cram and still get A/A*s if I work effectively. I would definitely rather cram than do 10 hours of revision.
Like other people have said- quality of quantity!
Please don't do this- you will burn yourself out, it will not work!:redface:

Also you spelt revision wrong, and it is roughly not 'ruffly'.
Original post by 2016_GCSE
I revise 12 hours a day. Follow long revision for greater success.

I hope you are joking!
Original post by sunshine774
I hope you are joking!

Nope,

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4053925

I have been following this plan for the last few months.
Is revising for ruffly 10 hours a day( with some past papers revision )boost a B grade to a high A* grade?

The longest I've went revising without a break is about 4 hours, so I'm willing to do 10 if it guarantees A*'s as I don't really have much to do during the day- may aswell revise.

I'm going to throw one out there and say yes. My personal revision tactic is to basically slack off all year, get up at about 10am the day before my exam, stick the telly on, grab snacks and revise all day until its time to go to bed and it's not failed me yet (on track for A*A*A at A-Level).
BY NO MEANS AM I SAYING THIS METHOD WORKS FOR EVERYONE OR IS EVEN A GOOD IDEA AT ALL.
I'm just pointing out that different methods can work for different people, all you can do is try
Is revising for ruffly 10 hours a day( with some past papers revision )boost a B grade to a high A* grade?

The longest I've went revising without a break is about 4 hours, so I'm willing to do 10 if it guarantees A*'s as I don't really have much to do during the day- may aswell revise.

Revising for long periods without a break is the WORST way to revise. Trust me my form tutor is a psychology teacher and hammers this into us often enough. Apparently you only remember the first and last things you revise and forget everything in between. Rather than 4 hours, do 30 mins with 5 min breaks in between.
images.png
(edited 7 years ago)
Why are you doing ten hours of revision if you are in yr 10? You're not even in yr 11 yet- but you shouldn't do this then either! You DO NOT need to do ten hours of revision, you are crazy!
Trust me- I usually cram and still get A/A*s if I work effectively. I would definitely rather cram than do 10 hours of revision.

an you an idiot? when did i ever said i did 10 hours? i just made a post to get people opinion it doesn't mean i will acctually do it
an you an idiot? when did i ever said i did 10 hours? i just made a post to get people opinion it doesn't mean i will acctually do it

That's ****ed up dude. I really don't think you should be rude to her.
She was just trying to help and was telling you it is bad for you.

How the heck are you that motivated?
fam u need to calm down.
live a little
Yes I know but im not really efficent with the way I use my time, so longer time periods will increase quality

Why dont you focus on making your revision more effective then? thens no point in revising for 10 hours if its not going to be effective

Length of revision sessions that maintain their effectiveness take time to build up (it took me 4 years to build it up to the length of effective revision I can do now)

Also no amount of revision guarantees you a certain grade
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't think the "revsion" is working. You still can't spell.
Original post by Platopus
I don't think the "revsion" is working. You still can't spell.

its not that i can't spell is that i chose not to. you do know there is a spellchecker while typing? so i could easily right click on the word and change it, or google it
its not that i can't spell is that i chose not to. you do know there is a spellchecker while typing? so i could easily right click on the word and change it, or google it

That is so cool

Its not about the quantity but its about the quality:smile:
I usually revise for 3 or 4 hours a day.

Spoiler

I seriously doubt you can do 10 hours without any breaks... you'll go insane and get bored af. If you can do it then you're super human.

Maybe he really does need to revise 10 hours :tongue:

ruffly and I've went - are you aiming for an A* in English?

Quick Reply

Latest