The Student Room Group

UKCAT

So I'm planning on taking a gap year to build up my work experience before I apply to university for Medicine, so do you think I should take the UKCAT this year as well as next year? I don't know if this is a good thing to do, but I would really like to go to Durham university, and they are very much UKCAT-heavy. Do you think it would be good to take the UKCAT as a sort of practice? If I did really well, how long would my result be valid for?

Original post by MiracleLeaf
So I'm planning on taking a gap year to build up my work experience before I apply to university for Medicine, so do you think I should take the UKCAT this year as well as next year? I don't know if this is a good thing to do, but I would really like to go to Durham university, and they are very much UKCAT-heavy. Do you think it would be good to take the UKCAT as a sort of practice? If I did really well, how long would my result be valid for?

Your score is only valid for the application cycle during which you sat the test, so you'd have to retake the UKCAT next year (i.e. 2017, for 2018 entry).

But if you want to sit the UKCAT as a practice, there's nothing from stopping you. Just be aware that there is a fee to sit the test.
Reply 2

There's no point if you're not going to actually take it next year. Potentially a waste of time and money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I actually think that is a good idea if you can afford the fee. if anything it will give you an indication of your likely score and of what you need to practise most for next year.

It's only valid for a year but I was thinking of doing the same thing for practice since it'll give you an idea of how well you'd do and what you need to work on. But yeah theres a fee which may put you off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending