The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Im130
I'm so confused.....can someone let me know if their teachers taught them the cultural influence on gender roles the same way as my teacher did?

Basically, my teacher taught us Mead's study of Papua New Guinea in more depth than there is in the textbooks. And she told us to do it as A01, and then use other studies as A02 to support/refute Mead's conclusion of cultural influence.

But, in textbooks, I'm reading these other things about A01 being "cultural similarities: division of labour" and "cultural variation: magnitude of sex differences"......wasn't taught these things in class at all....

So yeah, can someone tell me if they also learned cultural influences on gender the way my teacher taught it?

I pm'd you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1721
Okay guys it's all cool.

I've found a sildeshare document with the same way of talking about cultural influence, as my teacher taught, so my teacher probably wasn't crazy and taught correct material

but then again......apparently in previous years kids used to write about lynch mobs as a group display (presumably because their teacher taught them that) and AQA gave them no marks, saying it isn't a group display........some textbooks had it too though.......humans in general are unreliable i guess
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Naveed Rahman
Hi guys! More videos coming very soon, subscribe to keep updated thanks! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1WbqyvMNBEC0q1jN6nGieg

So you're the competition :-)
https://youtu.be/xV82gsXqeDY
Original post by wabbit998
I would probably give it 5 or 6 good detail about the SCN, but I would probably include stuff about hormones in the menstrual cycle as well, so there is more breadth to the essay.

ok, ill make some improvements, thanks!
Original post by wabbit998
I would probably give it 5 or 6 good detail about the SCN, but I would probably include stuff about hormones in the menstrual cycle as well, so there is more breadth to the essay.
Actually, I believe the spec changed since it was last asked, it's now explicitly EP &EZs for circadian rhythms
Original post by TMC113
Actually, I believe the spec changed since it was last asked, it's now explicitly EP &EZs for circadian rhythms

Yep. Menstrual cycle or anything is not needed
For these 24 markers does anyone think that the examiner markings are consistent? I'm worried about this because my teacher is an examiner and for a few of my essays he gave me C grades and I got worried and then gave the exact essays back to him a few months later to mark and he gave me A* grades and said no improvement was needed... Could this be due to examiners not getting much guidance or perhaps it is my teacher in particular as I need an a* for university and am very worried about this
Sociobiological explanation for the Formation of Relationships? Kill two birds with one stone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A-LJLB
Yep. Menstrual cycle or anything is not needed

As its so specific about circadian rhythms, it will probably ask about the role of both EP&EZ

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TMC113
As its so specific about circadian rhythms, it will probably ask about the role of both EP&EZ

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'll be and/or, and I'm probably just gonna focus on EP because I'm so much more confident with it
Original post by A-LJLB
It'll be and/or, and I'm probably just gonna focus on EP because I'm so much more confident with it
The thing is they work together, so it's difficult to discuss EP without mentioning how light influences the SCN
Has anyone seen the loopa predictions for this year, can they be trusted??
Original post by TMC113
The thing is they work together, so it's difficult to discuss EP without mentioning how light influences the SCN

I have an entire essay on the EP?
Original post by A-LJLB
I have an entire essay on the EP?

Yeah I know, but you surely have mentioned light somewhere?
Original post by TMC113
Yeah I know, but you surely have mentioned light somewhere?

Only in a sentence "EPs also interact with environmental cues, EZs, such as light" Somethinng like that so not really... They're separate essays
Quick food for thought guys!

So I was thinking last year institutional aggression came up on the replacement paper but before that It hadnt come up for a long time .... So I'm thinking what are the possibilities of us getting a question on institutional aggression considering it hadn't come up for a long time even though it was on the replacement paper... Also how many years in advance are the papers written? Don't know if I've just said makes sense I'll post this anyway .... :smile:
Original post by bestustar135
Has anyone seen the loopa predictions for this year, can they be trusted??

the problem with psychology predictions is that AQA have an awful habit of repeating questions they have already set, and ignoring questions we haven't seen for years! thus its almost impossible to predict whats going to come up on a logical basis. sorry!
Original post by Marli-Ruth

So I was thinking last year institutional aggression came up on the replacement paper but before that It hadnt come up for a long time .... So I'm thinking what are the possibilities of us getting a question on institutional aggression considering it hadn't come up for a long time even though it was on the replacement paper... Also how many years in advance are the papers written? Don't know if I've just said makes sense I'll post this anyway .... :smile:

as far as i am aware, the papers are only written one year in advance.
i sure hope the question is on institutional aggression!
Original post by miajohnsonhall
as far as i am aware, the papers are only written one year in advance.
i sure hope the question is on institutional aggression!

Lasts year's unit 3 wasn't replaced though, only unit 4, as it was stolen! I strongly doubt that it will be, that will be 3 years of social questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Marli-Ruth

Institutional wasn't on the replacement paper, it WAs on the original paper, only psya4 had a replacement so I doubt it will come up really..
Also the papers are written 2/3 years in advance, well that's what my teacher said at least

Latest

Trending

Trending