The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NiamhM1801
4 exams?? Wow I don't think I could cope with that much RE! I mean I like it and all but 2 exams were more than enough for me :tongue:
At least it's the last one though! 🎉 It's a good feeling to never have to think about a subject again :biggrin:

I know that feeling too well. When I finished all of my French exams I felt like sticking it to the French department. They've been the most unhelpful and disorganised teachers I've ever seen. I used to love French but they made me hate it real bad.

~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
absolutely love phill Collins. omg, some
of his songs are absolutely amazing ❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow. I see that you are an old school chick. Indeed, some of his songs are amazing.

~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I've got history as well but I find history very relaxing and I enjoy it so revision isn't much of a chore. Just a quick question. Do you have to remember dates in specific or is it just years and events.

Lol. He's quite an old singer. Not that old. 80s and 90s I guess. Your parents would know who he is if they were born and brought up over here. Lmao. I sound like someone's parent now. Nooooooo. I'm losing my coolness.

I enjoy the history unit 2 and 3 but our school picked the worst topic, in my opinion, for unit 1. There is so much to remember over a long period of time- 50AD- to now. And this is the only topic I struggle in so hopefully, I'll pull it of on Monday.:smile:

It is good style to remember some specific dates as that will get you the higher levels as you have to add your own information. This is not compulsory and remembering the years and events is just as impressive. Just remember some specific dates to sound that you know what you are talking about and as this will impress the examiner.

I guess my parents would know. I'll ask. Also, there's nothing wrong with liking old music. To be honest, some old music are better than some music produced today.:smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 03/06/16

Not as a productive day as I'd hoped for but I'll try and make up for it tomorrow :smile:

2015 History paper

Development revision

Population DTM revision

30 OCP cards

Chemistry past paper

Ah don't worry you've still done a lot! :smile: And besides you're already really well prepared so even if you do have a couple of slightly less productive days you're still well ahead :biggrin:
Original post by sahra30013
I enjoy the history unit 2 and 3 but our school picked the worst topic, in my opinion, for unit 1. There is so much to remember over a long period of time- 50AD- to now. And this is the only topic I struggle in so hopefully, I'll pull it of on Monday.:smile:

It is good style to remember some specific dates as that will get you the higher levels as you have to add your own information. This is not compulsory and remembering the years and events is just as impressive. Just remember some specific dates to sound that you know what you are talking about and as this will impress the examiner.

I guess my parents would know. I'll ask. Also, there's nothing wrong with liking old music. To be honest, some old music are better than some music produced today.:smile:

I don't even listen to modern music. Although Coldplay are decent. I'm just a really oldschool guy. My parents say that I'm an old soul in a young body. Everything about me is old school. The way I dress. My interests. My taste in music. I love vintage automobiles. Even the way I speak. ( People tell me that I speak in quite a posh manner )

Yeah. I get what you mean. I'll have to ask my teacher again. Thanks.

I know that feeling too well. When I finished all of my French exams I felt like sticking it to the French department. They've been the most unhelpful and disorganised teachers I've ever seen. I used to love French but they made me hate it real bad.

Ah that's a shame :frown: at least you don't have to worry about it anymore though so that's a good thing at least.

I think I'll cry with happiness after my geography exam on Wednesday - the thought of never having to ever learn any of it again makes the 2 years of pain worth it :biggrin: (can you tell I absolutely detest geography hahaha)
4 exams?? Wow I don't think I could cope with that much RE! I mean I like it and all but 2 exams were more than enough for me :tongue:
At least it's the last one though! 🎉 It's a good feeling to never have to think about a subject again :biggrin:

Yeah it sucks. :redface:The first 2 exams were my first ones and were right after each other and the third one was one day after. I know, I never liked RE and I guess it was because my teacher can't teach and didn't care about his students. Also, it was compulsory to take it as an option. I can't wait to finish it!

My French teacher also made me hate French and usually, I love learning languages. My French teacher wasted the whole year 10 on the history of France, which was useless. And in year 11, we rushed all our course work and only had one month to revise key vocab.:frown:
Wow. I see that you are an old school chick. Indeed, some of his songs are amazing.

tbh my music taste has a lot of variety to it. sometimes i will be listening to bring me the horizon then other times maybe Michael Jackson and prince. then I may be listening to little mix, Ariana grande, nicki minaj, Rihanna etc at different times. i may even listen to the old RnB like Jeremiah, the old Robin Thicke - as his new stuff is awful or maybe even John Legend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah that's a shame :frown: at least you don't have to worry about it anymore though so that's a good thing at least.

I think I'll cry with happiness after my geography exam on Wednesday - the thought of never having to ever learn any of it again makes the 2 years of pain worth it :biggrin: (can you tell I absolutely detest geography hahaha)

Babe. I know. Everyone hates geography. The funny thing is that everyone told me not to take History because it's hard but now they're all crying because Geog is screwing them over.

Yeah it sucks. :redface:The first 2 exams were my first ones and were right after each other and the third one was one day after. I know, I never liked RE and I guess it was because my teacher can't teach and didn't care about his students. Also, it was compulsory to take it as an option. I can't wait to finish it!

My French teacher also made me hate French and usually, I love learning languages. My French teacher wasted the whole year 10 on the history of France, which was useless. And in year 11, we rushed all our course work and only had one month to revise key vocab.:frown:

Wow. That's the exact same thing that happened with me. I find that major French men are quite stuck up and stingy. I haven't met a lot of French men but the ones I have met all are.

I don't even listen to modern music. Although Coldplay are decent. I'm just a really oldschool guy. My parents say that I'm an old soul in a young body. Everything about me is old school. The way I dress. My interests. My taste in music. I love vintage automobiles. Even the way I speak. ( People tell me that I speak in quite a posh manner )

Yeah. I get what you mean. I'll have to ask my teacher again. Thanks.

coldplay are really good. have to say that i prefer the old stuff though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
tbh my music taste has a lot of variety to it. sometimes i will be listening to bring me the horizon then other times maybe Michael Jackson and prince. then I may be listening to little mix, Ariana grande, nicki minaj, Rihanna etc at different times. i may even listen to the old RnB like Jeremiah, the old Robin Thicke - as his new stuff is awful or maybe even John Legend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow. You're music taste is quite diverse. I only listen to oldschool music. It only goes up to the late 90s.

Babe. I know. Everyone hates geography. The funny thing is that everyone told me not to take History because it's hard but now they're all crying because Geog is screwing them over.

I actually really enjoy geography :smile: however, i must say that i prefer history. lol, my dad has forbidden me from taking geography A level though - apparently it's 'useless' 😂!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I actually really enjoy geography :smile: however, i must say that i prefer history. lol, my dad has forbidden me from taking geography A level though - apparently it's 'useless' 😂!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. That's what my Father told me as well. I'm taking:

History
Economics
English Literature
Maths.

I'm going to drop economics at A2 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you like bands like Kiss, Motley Crue and stuff ?

Haha tell me about it! Although the people who do history are crying too in my school because of the amount they have to write in their exams whereas we usually get to draw some pretty pictures 😂

Wow that's really compacted together! Ours were 2 days apart which wasn't loads of time but at least we had some. Yeah RE was compulsory for us too. I hated it in Year 10 because all our teacher made us do was make posters and watch films! But it's been a lot better this year as we got a different teacher who's really really good :smile:. Oh well, just 3 more weeks to get through and then they'll ALL be over! :biggrin:
Do you like bands like Kiss, Motley Crue and stuff ?

yes, i do actually :smile: sorry for the late reply, YouTube transported me into the world of music! found myself listening to the pet shop boys, a day to remember and foreigner lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha tell me about it! Although the people who do history are crying too in my school because of the amount they have to write in their exams whereas we usually get to draw some pretty pictures 😂

Essays aren't a problem for me but then again I'm sure you guys already know that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending