The Student Room Group

My sister got mad at me for complaining about the lasagne she cooked.

Scroll to see replies

Maybe she's trying to kill you?
I might need to ask for the name of that chilli i have a few people in mind to shove that down their throat
Skin peeling usually happens when the temperature of food is too hot - maybe that was the problem rather than (or as well as) the chili? That could also explain why only you had such a bad reaction.

Also, I wouldn't be happy either if I cooked a meal for you and then you complained at me for something I did by mistake.
Original post by BasicMistake
Are you sure she isn't trying to kill you and she's just angry that she didn't put enough toxin in?

Everyone was eating it. Crazy how they didn't have the same reaction. My taste buds have taken a beating tonight.
Original post by Maestosa
Skin peeling usually happens when the temperature of food is too hot - maybe that was the problem rather than (or as well as) the chili? That could also explain why only you had such a bad reaction.

Also, I wouldn't be happy either if I cooked a meal for you and then you complained at me for something I did by mistake.

I couldn't handle how spicy it was, so I think she was pissed off at my reaction most of all.

It wasn't piping hot though, my little sister couldn't eat it.
sounds legit
Original post by Anonymous
I couldn't handle how spicy it was, so I think she was pissed off at my reaction most of all.

It wasn't piping hot though, my little sister couldn't eat it.

Okay, that's just bizarre then. Maybe the chili wasn't mixed in properly and you got a mouthful...
Reply 26
My step mum use to cook awful curry and she use to go crazy when I didn't want to eat it 😂
Original post by Maestosa
Okay, that's just bizarre then. Maybe the chili wasn't mixed in properly and you got a mouthful...

That could be the case you know. God it was dreadful.
good luck
That could be the case you know. God it was dreadful.

Can you take spice at all. Put sugar on where its peeling because it's stinging and you won't throw it up. Having milk help but also doesn't at the same time because you're just going to vomit.
Or.. have an ice lolly and just keep it in your mouth.
No sympathy still
Original post by Banana208
Can you take spice at all. Put sugar on where its peeling because it's stinging and you won't throw it up. Having milk help but also doesn't at the same time because you're just going to vomit.
Or.. have an ice lolly and just keep it in your mouth.

I can take a moderate amount of spice... like I'm fine with most indian curries, for example.

But this was just too much. It was so painful.
your skin peeled off ahahaha
Original post by samina_ay
No sympathy still

What?
I can take a moderate amount of spice... like I'm fine with most indian curries, for example.

But this was just too much. It was so painful.

I'm sorry to hear that :biggrin: Cooling it down with ice helps, it might burn/sting a bit but its a very good way of stopping it. Oh and it has the numbing powers
Reply 35
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Skin peeled off? Seems legit

The skin inside your mouth can in fact peel off due to burns when eating a hot chili (in particular jalapenos).
It's that time of the month

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending