The Student Room Group

A few things that have happened while everyone has been focusing on that gorilla

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by KingBradly
Didn't say they were facts, but legitimate sources saying "suspected" is not the same as rumours.

As long as we are clear that you are not really here to provide facts.
Continue highlighting the horrors related to it, such as I am doing, in the hope that the world will be compelled to turn away from it.

Very kind of you to do so. Turn away from it how exactly?
Reply 22
Original post by offhegoes
As long as we are clear that you are not really here to provide facts.

I am here to provide news stories of attacks which are or appear to be related to Islam.

Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
Very kind of you to do so. Turn away from it how exactly?

The non-believers should stop defending it with absurd platitudes, and the believers should reform it or, even better leave it.
And it makes you the TSR equivalent of the Daily Mail.

Except it doesn't really, when none of my sources are DM.

The fact that both of you ridicule Daily Mail shows your lack of maturity. Ask any political science or law student at university and they will tell you that reading Daily Mail articles have increased their general knowledge tremendously. Did you know that Daily Mail has been the only British tabloid/newspaper that has applied more pressure on the Police by focusing on certain cases and exposed more scandals than any other publication?

Murder of Jill Dando, a news anchor

Murder of Stephen Lawrence, an innocent black teenager

Expenses scandal of ministers from both the government and opposition

Several undercover police officers who had sexual intercourse with women, married them and had children with them. These women were suspected of being part of a terrorist organisation but these allegations were found to be untrue. After a few years of marriage, the undercover police officers disappeared from the lives of these women

Peers of the House of Lords who do nothing everyday but turn up to collect their daily allowance of £300

I could go on but I don't want to choke you with so much of facts, when it's so close to bedtime.
The issue is that people nowadays are so used to human pain and suffering that they are desensitised to it. It's just not that exciting anymore.
Reply 25
I am here to provide news stories of attacks which are or appear to be related to Islam.

Sounds like my recently-passed, much-loved yet slightly racist grandma.

The non-believers should stop defending it with absurd platitudes, and the believers should reform it or, even better leave it.

Ok yes lets get the 1.3 billion harmless muslims who promote peace in Islam to leave the religion bcos thats what we need, isn't it
Reply 27
Original post by Audrey18
The fact that both of you ridicule Daily Mail shows your lack of maturity. Ask any political science or law student at university and they will tell you that reading Daily Mail articles have increased their general knowledge tremendously. Did you know that Daily Mail has been the only British tabloid/newspaper that has applied more pressure on the Police by focusing on certain cases and exposed more scandals than any other publication?

Several undercover police officers who had sexual intercourse with women, married them and had children with them. These women were suspected of being part of a terrorist organisation but these allegations were found to be untrue. After a few years of marriage, the undercover police officers disappeared from the lives of these women

Peers of the House of Lords who do nothing everyday but turn up to collect their daily allowance of £300

I could go on but I don't want to choke you with so much of facts, when it's so close to bedtime.

I'm not ridiculing the DM, I just couldn't be bothered to argue about it them.

The "herp derp you're like the daily mail herp derp" argument is extraordinarily tired and blatantly disingenuous, used only by the most intellectually dishonest people.
Reply 28
Original post by Audrey18

If reading the Daily Mail has increased anyone's general knowledge, I pity them.

Being the first to report a few things over the last few decades, badly, does not make it respectable.
Reply 29
Sounds like my recently-passed, much-loved yet slightly racist grandma.

Sounds like the work of a humanist who is concerned about the many terrible problems that Islam causes, and wants to bring them to the fore. You do realise most people see the atrocities that Islam causes, and then they go on to dislike the religion (as any reasonable person would), not vice versa, right?
Reply 30
I'm not ridiculing the DM, I just couldn't be bothered to argue about it them.

The "herp derp you're like the daily mail herp derp" argument is extraordinarily tired and blatantly disingenuous, used only by the most intellectually dishonest people.

Let me rephrase then. You present information without bothering to mention it may not be true.

Phew, I was almost dishonest there...
Reply 31
Let me rephrase then. You present information without bothering to mention it may not be true.

Phew, I was almost dishonest there...

So you don't believe any of this is true? You think these news sites have an agenda to pretend that Islamists caused these atrocities?
Reply 32
Sounds like the work of a humanist who is concerned about the many terrible problems that Islam causes, and wants to bring them to the fore. You do realise most people see the atrocities that Islam causes, and then they go on to dislike the religion (as any reasonable person would), not vice versa, right?

No, she was just a little racist.

Dislike religion all you like, no-one is stopping you.

Forgive me for my ignorance but are you saying that there are non-muslims who defend extremism? I'm pretty sure non-muslims and muslims (a majority) alike condemn it.

What kind of reforms are we talking here? Changing what is believed as the word of God (according to Muslims)? Do you honestly believe that suggestion will go down well?
Reply 34
So you don't believe any of this is true? You think these news sites have an agenda to pretend that Islamists caused these atrocities?

Well, yes. People like you will eat up this stuff.
Reply 35
No, she was just a little racist.

Dislike religion all you like, no-one is stopping you.

So what does she have to do with me then?
Reply 36
So what does she have to do with me then?

She also didn't bother about littke things like accuracy.
Reply 37
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
Forgive me for my ignorance but are you saying that there are non-muslims who defend extremism? I'm pretty sure non-muslims and muslims (a majority) alike condemn it.

What kind of reforms are we talking here? Changing what is believed as the word of God (according to Muslims)? Do you honestly believe that suggestion will go down well?

There are non-Muslims who invent neologisms like "the religion of peace", and who avoid the fact that Islamist terrorists groups are Islamic at all, thus failing to highlight a significant factor in Islamic extremism (Islam).
Reply 38
She also didn't bother about littke things like accuracy.

But I wasn't being inaccurate. I don't think the suspicions in a few of these articles are just willy-nilly guesses. They are almost certainly true, or they wouldn't have published them, given the fact none of these sites have any kind of agenda against Islam.
Reply 39
But I wasn't being inaccurate. I don't think the suspicions in a few of these articles are just willy-nilly guesses. They are almost certainly true, or they wouldn't have published them, given the fact none of these sites have any kind of agenda against Islam.

Very naive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending