The Student Room Group

Anyone here not actually love their mother?

I just don't. It gets a little difficult during times like mother's day when I have to give her a random gift and card and everyone's saying how much they love their mother and I don't know what that feels like.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate her. I would take care of her and make sure she is comfortable in her old age. And I will try and visit at least twice a year. But I won't look forward to it. Meh.

Anyone else not love their mother?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No :frown: She makes me go to bed early :frown:

Reply 2
I feel sorry for you. There shouldn't be anything stronger than a bond between a mother and her child.
I couldn't imagine my life without my mother.

I hope this changes for you, and you get close to her! You won't regret it!
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe you have just never felt any kind of bond with her and that is fair enough :redface:

Is it? Mothers are regarded as the most sacred of all human beings and I just can't identify with that.

I keep thinking if I'm to receive some sort of award (for my obvious esteemed services to humanity), the thought of thanking my mother wouldn't even cross my mind as she hasn't contributed anything positive to my life :s-smilie:
Do you know what caused this? Have you always felt this way?
Reply 5
C'mon bro.

Regardless of what she did to you.

This is your mother you're talking about, have some respect.
Original post by AshEntropy
No :frown: She makes me go to bed early :frown:

And so you should :unimpressed:
Reply 7
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
And so you should :unimpressed:

Hee hee I'm up late
Original post by spv
I feel sorry for you. There shouldn't be anything stronger than a bond between a mother and her child.
I couldn't imagine my life without my mother.

I hope this changes for you, and you get close to her! You won't regret it!

Lol that ship has already sailed. But thanks for the advice!

Original post by Listers
C'mon bro.

Regardless of what she did to you.

This is your mother you're talking about, have some respect.

Did you read my original post? Where have I not shown her respect?
Is it? Mothers are regarded as the most sacred of all human beings and I just can't identify with that.

I keep thinking if I'm to receive some sort of award (for my obvious esteemed services to humanity), the thought of thanking my mother wouldn't even cross my mind as she hasn't contributed anything positive to my life :s-smilie:

Well, there you go, maybe that's why you don't feel like you love her :redface: whether you should love her regardless... :iiam: is up to you.
My birthday is the day after my mum's.

What a coincidence

I love my mum to bits.
Original post by Legendary Quest
Do you know what caused this? Have you always felt this way?

Probably. Only now that I've actually admitted it out loud. I felt so horrible even saying it but the truth is the mother daughter bond is not always there.
I strongly dislike my mother
My mum died when I was 15 but I loved her more than anyone else in the world. Do you love your father/siblings? (Or other family etc.) Why do you think you don't love your mum? Genuinely curious btw.
i feel the same. But maybe that's because her idea of parenting begins and ends with threats to hit me. I'm 18 now and nothing has changed. the last time he hit me was few months ago because i didn't want to go to church (she knows i'm an atheist but she makes me go so that she can uphold her reputation at church). She beat me and told me to get out of bed and get out of her house because 'this is my house and you'll live by my rules'. Of course when i offer to move out, she says no, because imagine what a having homeless child would do to her reputation?
she*
Frankly without my mum i would not be here because I would have given up a long time ago as i only live for her and I couldn't stand to live with my dad.
Given the fact i nearly lost her i guess im just more grateful to have her than a lot of people.
Im not going to say cherish what you have as i despise my dad so i wont patronise you with assuming i know more about your relationship with her than you do.
Best of luck :smile:
Yeah I don't have the same relationship with my mum. I'm far more relaxed when I'm around friends than with her, can't talk about anything (that really matters), can't remember the last time I've ever told her of an opinion of mine that I truly believed (rather than what she'd like to hear) and I dread coming home every holiday and can't wait till the day I leave.
Original post by bluemadhatter
I strongly dislike my mother

What do you do on mother's day?

Original post by Precious Illusions
My mum died when I was 15 but I loved her more than anyone else in the world. Do you love your father/siblings? (Or other family etc.) Why do you think you don't love your mum? Genuinely curious btw.

Sorry to hear that. I love my siblings, I don't think I love my dad but I care about him (if I have to question it, it can't be true love can it?) I just... don't love her, can't explain it. She is emotionally abusive but I'm sure there's worse out there who are still loved by their kids.
Reply 19
Lol that ship has already sailed. But thanks for the advice!

Did you read my original post? Where have I not shown her respect?

Taking care of her in her old age doesn't really mean you respect her

Latest

Trending

Trending