The Student Room Group

Skin irritation remedies

Hi,
I had my makeup done by a friend a couple of days ago and I think I must have been allergic or had a reaction of some sort to one of the products. I'm no sure what product it was.
Anyway today my skin has felt itchy and irritated on my cheeks and I have a couple of spots on my chin (which I rarely get). Any advice on how to soothe my skin tone of which feels very sensitive at the moment. Anybody else experienced this and can tell me how long it should last? Thanks:frown:
Original post by Imsophie
Hi,
I had my makeup done by a friend a couple of days ago and I think I must have been allergic or had a reaction of some sort to one of the products. I'm no sure what product it was.
Anyway today my skin has felt itchy and irritated on my cheeks and I have a couple of spots on my chin (which I rarely get). Any advice on how to soothe my skin tone of which feels very sensitive at the moment. Anybody else experienced this and can tell me how long it should last? Thanks:frown:

Try hydrocortisone cream. :smile: I think you can buy the weak version otc in the UK. It thins the skin so don't rely on it too often on your face.
Reply 2
Original post by Sabertooth
Try hydrocortisone cream. :smile: I think you can buy the weak version otc in the UK. It thins the skin so don't rely on it too often on your face.

Thanks!:smile:
Reply 3
Hi,

E45 and aloe vera help me for some stuff. Pharmacist may be able to advise you on the best thing for the issue you have :smile:
Hi,

Try some aloe vera?

Take Antihistamine tablet - stops allergic reaction / stops the itch

Apply witch hazel - soothes irritation

e45 cream or aveeno cream - soothes and moisturises / gentle enough to use on cheeks

Quick Reply

Latest