The Student Room Group

What would you do with £10,000?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aleiya
Aww thank you x but I love make up, I just feel like it covers up my flaws you know what I mean? No one is perfect.

Yh I get you, might as well hide that blemish if you can. Meanwhile I'd be spending a chunk of the money on spot cream and doing it the hard way :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mxskaan
You're gorgeous! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awe thank you! x

Original post by HamzahPatel
Yh I get you, might as well hide that blemish if you can. Meanwhile I'd be spending a chunk of the money on spot cream and doing it the hard way :redface:

Sucks :P I use face creams a lot too tbh
Original post by iEthan
Personally, I'd help my mum with her debt and then save up the rest for uni :yep: what would you do with £10,000? I'm interested to know :beard:
Just got me thinking as I saw this competition on TSR...sounds like a good deal to me! :yay:

I'd take it all out as coins and throw them at homeless people.
Original post by King Scorchy
I'd take it all out as coins and throw them at homeless people.

Nice………..
I'd put £5,000 into stocks and savings so I could use it in the future. I'd use the remaining £5,000 towards buying textbooks and a computer for Engineering/C.S.
Original post by asmuse123
I'd use the remaining £5,000 towards buying textbooks and a computer for Engineering/C.S.

For the whole class?
Original post by jneill
For the whole class?

No, for me. I've heard many people say that textbooks a really expensive at university and I want to make sure I can get good textbooks so I can revise for my exams well and catch up on any presentations I've missed or didn't understand.
No, for me. I've heard many people say that textbooks a really expensive at university and I want to make sure I can get good textbooks so I can revise for my exams well and catch up on any presentations I've missed or didn't understand.

No.

A top of the range PC would be max £1.5 - £2k. (A perfectly good one would be £500)

Some textbooks can be £50 or so each, but can be much cheaper 2nd hand. And if you get 1 per module that's still not £1,000s...

There are also libraries at uni. Very good libraries.
Original post by jneill
No.

A top of the range PC would be max £1.5 - £2k. (A perfectly good one would be £500)

Some textbooks can be £50 or so each, but can be much cheaper 2nd hand. And if you get 1 per module that's still not £1,000s...

There are also libraries at uni. Very good libraries.

You're right. What should I spend the remaining £5,000 along with the PC and module textbooks?
Invest 7.5k, Holidays 2.5k

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're right. What should I spend the remaining £5,000 along with the PC and module textbooks?

Anything you want, a nice second hand car maybe, up to you really :smile:
Put it towards my deposit for a house

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest