The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by perez_perez
for the gender section...

I don't know if anyone else would agree with me on this, but in my point of view if the AQA exam board really wanted to make this unit 3 exam paper one that would be relatively difficult and somewhat confusing as expected, taking into account the fact that they tend to use repeating questions throughout many past papers could the question be a split question on the biosocial theory and the influence of genes and hormones?

For example: -Outline the role of genes and hormones in gender development (8 marks)
-Use research evidence to asses biosocial explanations to gender development (16 marks)

I say this because it would mean reusing the biosocial question but making it more challenging as both the influence of genes and hormones as well as the biosocial explanation to gender development share many evaluation points and this could be challenging for the student

If that did come up, it would be a 4 and a 4+16, because it makes sense to evaluate what you've already described. They also wouldn't ask specifically for 'research evidence' as AO2 can take different forms

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there guys, for PSYA4; Schizophrenia. for psychological therapies can you just talk about and evaluate the shizzle out of one therapy like CBT or have you guys talked about 2?
Can somebody read my "sex difference in parental investment " AO1?
Sorry abt my messy writing
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Danny786
Hi there guys, for PSYA4; Schizophrenia. for psychological therapies can you just talk about and evaluate the shizzle out of one therapy like CBT or have you guys talked about 2?

Depends on the question I think
If it says one or more then you can decide to just talk about CBT or you could if you want talk about token economies. The choice is there but I think if the question indicates it wants more than one psychological therapy (outline and evaluate psychological therapies for schizophrenia) then I guess you have to do more than one (CBT and token economies)
Can somebody please explain what an essay should be structured like? For instance the order of paragraphs and what should go into them. Thank you 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by violetvictorious
Also, how do I write faster?

the thing i always do is don't stop writing. basically get all your ideas down without stopping to think and then if there is time at the end, go back in and add points back in to develop, it would be best to make sure you've finished the essay though and you can always go back and add in more !
can someone please clarify for me, for an A* i know you need an average of an A i.e. 320 UMS minimum, but is it that you need 90 UMS in both A2 papers, or just an average of 90 UMS across the two papers?
Original post by ellawhite4686
can someone please clarify for me, for an A* i know you need an average of an A i.e. 320 UMS minimum, but is it that you need 90 UMS in both A2 papers, or just an average of 90 UMS across the two papers?
yeah, I think you need 180 overall for A2
How prepared does everyone feel for this exam ? Also, is anyone going to bother leanring the last years q's... again, because I doubt theyre going to ask the same Q's again... well at least for that many marks...

-I'm debating how much detail in which I should learn them... need an A* lmao, so don't want to take any risks still
Original post by Anymorefor123
How prepared does everyone feel for this exam ? Also, is anyone going to bother leanring the last years q's... again, because I doubt theyre going to ask the same Q's again... well at least for that many marks...

-I'm debating how much detail in which I should learn them... need an A* lmao, so don't want to take any risks still

I'm finding that there's just too much to remember, and since it's that last year they can either make it easy for us like last year or **** us over by giving us the same questions or none predicted ones. So I'm going through all of them to make sure I don't fail atleast lmao
A 10-mark essay question... Is this outline and evaluate or just outline?
It if says 10 marks not 4+6
Original post by artymaniac
Hi, sorry im a lil confused.......ive read so many online essays about the role of hormones such as leptin and ghrelin in eating behaaviour what is the relevance of this to the neural mechs essay then if it isnt a neural mechanism? e.g the loopa guy wrote this
Another mechanism believed to be in-volved is the fat hormone Leptin which is neuropeptide produced by fat tissue - is this not referring to leptin being a neural mechanism?

I don't do eating behaviour, so I don't know why they class it as neural, sorry
Original post by PhoenixBlaze123
I'm finding that there's just too much to remember, and since it's that last year they can either make it easy for us like last year or **** us over by giving us the same questions or none predicted ones. So I'm going through all of them to make sure I don't fail atleast lmao

It's not the last year, and they write them a few years in advance.
Original post by Marli-Ruth
A 10-mark essay question... Is this outline and evaluate or just outline?
It if says 10 marks not 4+6

I'm assuming this is unit 4, applied topic? '10 marks' means it's an an applied question, so technically all AO2!
Original post by TMC113
I'm assuming this is unit 4, applied topic? '10 marks' means it's an an applied question, so technically all AO2!

Yeah unit 4!
All AO2! Thanks x
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Yeah unit 4!
All AO2! Thanks x

That doesn't mean evaluating, but applying knowledge to a given scenario
I have literally spent the whole half term revising unit 3 LOL Ive completely ignored the other subjects...... so ready to fail now..
btw what time do you guys wake up to revise normally ?
Oh and how many marks is an A/A* ?? 20/24?

Also, if anyone wants research method notes, youre very welcome to pm me your email and i will send it to you (but it will be great if we can exchange with some A/A* essays :P
(edited 7 years ago)
What do people think might come up on the bio rhythms as a question? Also, is it possible to get a 24 marker on infradian and/or ultradian rhythms??
Original post by Tinksy
What do people think might come up on the bio rhythms as a question? Also, is it possible to get a 24 marker on infradian and/or ultradian rhythms??

1- Endogenous and exogenous
2- disruption
3-disorders

It's possible in theory, but we've been told that the board would never do it in practice.
Original post by TMC113
1- Endogenous and exogenous
2- disruption
3-disorders

It's possible in theory, but we've been told that the board would never do it in practice.

Thank you ever so much! I have been fretting so much because I couldn't make whole essays on just Ultardian and Infradian for it to be substantial enough to get me A02/A03 marks, so fingers crossed.

Which topics are you doing?

Latest

Trending

Trending