The Student Room Group

Peaceful Trump Protesters Showing Us Why We Should Vote Republican

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ivybridge
The muslim ban is racist, his comments about Mexicans are racist. Those are two prime examples and as somebody who has experienced hate crimes - I probably have a better understanding of hatred and incitement of hatred than you.

I also do not think Trump is Hitler.

That's why i called you insane.

For making dense statements like this
The muslim ban is racist, his comments about Mexicans are racist. Those are two prime examples and as somebody who has experienced hate crimes - I probably have a better understanding of hatred and incitement of hatred than you.

I also do not think Trump is Hitler.

Islam isn't a race, neither is Mexican. The Muslim ban isn't racist, it's just rhetoric and he has no intention of carrying it out. He's just an exceptionally smart man who said what he thought needed to be said to get the nomination. He will now say what's needed to be said to get elected as president; he already has the core of uneducated xenophobes who don't normally vote, now he's working on appealing to the masses, hence the toned down speech in recent weeks.

Don't disagree that a lot of the stuff he's said has been terrible, xenophobic speech playing on people's fear and hatred, but it's not his views people should be worried about, because I don't believe he's particularly attached to any of them...he would literally say anything to become president, and that really leaves me question what he's actually going to do in the White House. A vote for him would be a vote for the absolute unknown, which is a scary prospect.

tl;dr: #Bernie2k16
Original post by physicsphysics91
He said remove illegal mexicans (which cost cali £25bn alone).

No, no, no. He said that and then went on to call "Mexicans" a bunch of "rapists", and "drug" users, and "criminals". It's ridiculous. It was a sweeping statement that has had an impact on over 80% of the Hispanic, Latino and Mexican communities. Hence why they are not voting for him. There was racial hatred within it. All those people are not just wrong because you've interpreted it differently in order to fulfil your argument.
Original post by Wahrheit
Islam isn't a race, neither is Mexican. The Muslim ban isn't racist, it's just rhetoric and he has no intention of carrying it out. He's just an exceptionally smart man who said what he thought needed to be said to get the nomination. He will now say what's needed to be said to get elected as president; he already has the core of uneducated xenophobes who don't normally vote, now he's working on appealing to the masses, hence the toned down speech in recent weeks.

Don't disagree that a lot of the stuff he's said has been terrible, xenophobic speech playing on people's fear and hatred, but it's not his views people should be worried about, because I don't believe he's particularly attached to any of them...he would literally say anything to become president, and that really leaves me question what he's actually going to do in the White House. A vote for him would be a vote for the absolute unknown, which is a scary prospect.

Mexican is a race - are you silly? And no, Islam is not. However, Islam is a belief. They can't possibly measure who is truly muslim. As such, they'll use racial profiling to stop Muslims entering.
Original post by Listers
That's why i called you insane.

For making dense statements like this

Since when did accuracy become insane? Bless you.
Mexican is a race - are you silly? And no, Islam is not. However, Islam is a belief. They can't possibly measure who is truly muslim. As such, they'll use racial profiling to stop Muslims entering.

Mexican is an ethnicity , not a race

No they won't, as I've said there's basically no chance that, if he wins, come January he'll be saying 'ban muslims', it doesn't fit his political strategy and he quite simply doesn't have the authority to do it.

Original post by BChemGee

Not even an ethnicity, it's a collection of ethnicities, comprised of most Hispanic and various indigenous Mexican peoples and anybody else who has happened to move there. The proportion of native Mexicans is much high than the proportion of native Americans in the US, and even in the US the idea of ethnic American is kind of absurd. These countries are melting pots of ethnicities and races.
Reply 27
Since when did accuracy become insane? Bless you.

Accuracy?

You're about as accurate as a bent arrow.

How on earth is imposing a ban on islamic immigration racist?

I might not be supportive of it, but i'm not stupid enough to call it racist.
Original post by BChemGee

Race (noun) - members of a particular ethnic group.

Yes, they are.

Original post by Listers
Accuracy?

You're about as accurate as a bent arrow.

How on earth is imposing a ban on islamic immigration racist?

I might not be supportive of it, but i'm not stupid enough to call it racist.

Ask yourself how Trump is going to determine who is Muslim. Then you'll see my point.

I believe the word you are looking for is demagogue :holmes:
No they won't, as I've said there's basically no chance that, if he wins, come January he'll be saying 'ban muslims', it doesn't fit his political strategy and he quite simply doesn't have the authority to do it.

Not even an ethnicity, it's a collection of ethnicities, comprised of most Hispanic and various indigenous Mexican peoples and anybody else who has happened to move there. The proportion of native Mexicans is much high than the proportion of native Americans in the US, and even in the US the idea of ethnic American is kind of absurd. These countries are melting pots of ethnicities and races.

Be careful about your underestimations.
Reply 31
Race (noun) - members of a particular ethnic group.

Yes, they are.

The race isn't mexican because you can be a mixed race and still be mexican.

Mexican is just a nationality.

The race is hispanic.

It's like you have no idea what you talk about.

Ask yourself how Trump is going to determine who is Muslim. Then you'll see my point.

I'm pretty sure Trump's migration team would be able to determine that no basing it on their skin colour.

By asking them(?) :s-smilie:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 33
Imagine what it will be like if he is elected president.

On a separate matter, while yes violence is unacceptable, do you honestly think Trump's horrendous statements are not the cause for the protests?
Original post by Listers
The race isn't mexican because you can be a mixed race and still be mexican.

Mexican is just a nationality.

The race is hispanic.

It's like you have no idea what you talk about.

I'm pretty sure Trump's migration team would be able to determine that no basing it on their skin colour.

And his attack was on Mexicans, by extension: the race of Hispanics. As such, he was still racist to Mexicans - Hispanics. Not sure why you're being such a pedant - you've proved my point in the process.

No - it'll be a factor.

Original post by The Roast
By asking them(?) :s-smilie:

Ah yes and people who know they're going to get banned will certainly just admit that!
Original post by inhuman
Imagine what it will be like if he is elected president.

On a separate matter, while yes violence is unacceptable, do you honestly think Trump's horrendous statements are not the cause for the protests?

100% agree. I think it probably just goes too far with the violence.
Whichever candidate wins, America loses.
Rubio or Cruz would have been the best.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 37
And his attack was on Mexicans, by extension: the race of Hispanics. As such, he was still racist to Mexicans - Hispanics. Not sure why you're being such a pedant - you've proved my point in the process.

His comment not attack was on Illegal immigrants, not Mexicans as a whole and certainly not Hispanics in anyway because not every single illegal immigrant is a hispanic mexican. Only person proving any point here is you showcasing your ignorance.

No - it'll be a factor.

Yes, maybe according to misinformed people like you, the colour of a person is used to determine their religion.
Be careful about your underestimations.

It's a gamble, of course, but I predicted right from the start what his campaign strategy would be and it's just a part of that, I really don't think a lot of what he says will reflect his actual policies in office, if he gets in office. Clinton is more dangerous imo, don't like the idea of a president using [email protected] to send top secret emails.
Original post by inhuman

Of course, there will always be protests and people voicing their disproval. But it becomes unacceptable when they resort to violence.

100% agree. I think it probably just goes too far with the violence.

Probably? It definitely is going too far to assault people. Violence will not help their case either and in fact they are doing more than anybody to help promote the Trump cause by resorting to violence.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending