The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tinksy
Thank you ever so much! I have been fretting so much because I couldn't make whole essays on just Ultardian and Infradian for it to be substantial enough to get me A02/A03 marks, so fingers crossed.

Which topics are you doing?

Along with bio rhythms, OCD, media , aggression and gender
Original post by TMC113
Along with bio rhythms, OCD, media , aggression and gender

Looks like we both will be sitting the same unit 3 topics then in a couple of days haha
Thank you for your response..So to link it back to the question Is it ok to say in my essay that studies into leptin and grehlin support the role of neural mechanisms in eating behaviour as it the hormones travel to the hypothalamus and then are relased as a satiety/ hunger signal?
Original post by nemanuel96
You can still use that even if it does say neural.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey does anyone know if when writing an essay when it says discuss two things for example neural and hormonal mechanisms in aggression, does it have to be equal amount of both to access full marks? Or can we walk more about one than the other???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone send me an essay for evolutionary explanations for aggression including infidelity and jealousy? Having a hard time with that one...
Original post by nadsss123456
Hey does anyone know if when writing an essay when it says discuss two things for example neural and hormonal mechanisms in aggression, does it have to be equal amount of both to access full marks? Or can we walk more about one than the other???

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't have to be equal, as long as both are covered enough
Always floating in here, never post, but been reading what a few of you have been saying and I'm a bit worried about my Sexual Selection essay now. If someone could have a look and tell me if I'm missing stuff (particularly in A01, but A02/3 help would be nice too) it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also forgot to add I'm happy to take anyone's whatsapp/email etc if you want to exchange notes or just talk about the exam and how we're all shitting our pants, so yeah PM me if you want - I do Gender, Aggression, Relationships, Schiz and Media.
(edited 7 years ago)
Am I right in saying there are no A03/IDA for media?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Am I right in saying there are no A03/IDA for media?

Yeah only PSYA3 requires IDA, but you can still use it for Media and the rest of Unit 4.
Do you think that for Gender that either Gender schema or Gender constancy will come up? Beings as AQA seem to have asked them a lot consistently before?
Original post by Tinksy
Do you think that for Gender that either Gender schema or Gender constancy will come up? Beings as AQA seem to have asked them a lot consistently before?
I think it's quite likely, deffo worth revising in detail
Original post by Hihihi123
Can someone send me an essay for evolutionary explanations for aggression including infidelity and jealousy? Having a hard time with that one...

You can took a look at mine! I'm sure it isn't perfect but if you could give me some feedback it would be appreciated :-)
Original post by TMC113
I think it's quite likely, deffo worth revising in detail

Good call. Thank you!
Original post by grunday
Always floating in here, never post, but been reading what a few of you have been saying and I'm a bit worried about my Sexual Selection essay now. If someone could have a look and tell me if I'm missing stuff (particularly in A01, but A02/3 help would be nice too) it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also forgot to add I'm happy to take anyone's whatsapp/email etc if you want to exchange notes or just talk about the exam and how we're all shitting our pants, so yeah PM me if you want - I do Gender, Aggression, Relationships, Schiz and Media.

Your AO1 is really good and every important points are mentioned however you might have to condense it a bit and make it more precise because of time issues (if u get what i mean lol)
My teachers always recommended linking sentences at the end of every AO2 points eg therefore this reduces the credibility of the theory etc
Reply 1794
Original post by theasian_csl
I have literally spent the whole half term revising unit 3 LOL Ive completely ignored the other subjects...... so ready to fail now..
btw what time do you guys wake up to revise normally ?
Oh and how many marks is an A/A* ?? 20/24?

Also, if anyone wants research method notes, youre very welcome to pm me your email and i will send it to you (but it will be great if we can exchange with some A/A* essays :P

A normally 15
A* normally 17
Original post by JunkoR.
Your AO1 is really good and every important points are mentioned however you might have to condense it a bit and make it more precise because of time issues (if u get what i mean lol)
My teachers always recommended linking sentences at the end of every AO2 points eg therefore this reduces the credibility of the theory etc

Thanks man, much appreciated. I tend to only write out essays in timed conditions by hand now, so I'll try add the linking sentences in when I do them.
Original post by NHM
A normally 15
A* normally 17

Yeah and that was last year, they were lower in the years previous
Also, don't know if this has been addressed before but what do people think of the essays on the A2 Psychology Unit 3 Blogspot (<---- hyperlink) that I'm sure most of you have seen. A lot of the evaluation on there seems sketchy to me, interested to know what everyone else thinks.
Original post by grunday
Thanks man, much appreciated. I tend to only write out essays in timed conditions by hand now, so I'll try add the linking sentences in when I do them.

but its better if u kinda edit it first hand, revise that and do it in timed condition because if u revise standard essays with lots of content on it, you tend to overflow with informations but without any idea about how you should put it in an appropriate order. (been there, done that)
Original post by grunday

Thanks!

I can't tell much about your A01 since I use different A01 points but your A02 is kind of weak.
1) When you evaluate a study, you should ALWAYS link to how this methodological issue weakens the study usefulness in supporting the relationship between sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour. In your essay, you wrote that Buss study is high in external validity and left it at that, which would give you no marks.
2) IDA is basic - try to contextualise and create an argument/discussion within your IDA -

Latest

Trending

Trending