The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 721

Here dude
Edit: your told points in z plane is from real axis hence y is 0 and so equate with w plane imaginary equals 0
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rkai01
Here dude

oh man shouldve got that myself, thanks a lot!

Points on the real axis on the z plane means that Im z = 0
Original post by Ayman!
Points on the real axis on the z plane means that Im z = 0

yep i geddit, going to blame my inability to math on how late it is. thanks tho!
why are the fp2 grade boundaries so high?! 67/75 for 80 ums last year :frown:
Original post by 1asdfghjkl1

Because it's a straightforward module taken by able candidates.
Original post by 1asdfghjkl1

Repetitive questions..it's not that it's an easy module really. But look at fp3 last year in comparison. Like 59 for an a* if I recall correctly. Simply because fp3 asked a couple of weird questions. fp2 requires quite a lot of competence but everyone who sits it has that competence and most will tend to steamroll any paper with standard questions regardless of how awkward the algebra is or whatever.
Can anyone link me to the June 2013 withdrawn paper, I cannot seem to find it and the one on physics and maths tutor isn't printable as when you go to print the pages are blacked out
My core is reasonably strong but when it comes to choosing the integration limits for polar coordinates I just seem to consistently get it wrong, I think I've got some sort of misconception or something, can anyone help lol?
Original post by Hopstano
My core is reasonably strong but when it comes to choosing the integration limits for polar coordinates I just seem to consistently get it wrong, I think I've got some sort of misconception or something, can anyone help lol?

Put up an example and explain your reasoning.
Reply 731
Original post by economicss
2root3, used 2 of the points I already knew with the C2 distance formula on (7,4) and (4, 4+root3) then did (x-x1) squared + (y-y1 squared) with those two coords :smile:

Also just a general rule, if you pick two points on a circle and find their perpendicular bisector. Does that always go thru the centre?
Thanks this has been bugging me for ages now.
Original post by Rkai01
Also just a general rule, if you pick two points on a circle and find their perpendicular bisector. Does that always go thru the centre?
Thanks this has been bugging me for ages now.

Yeah, Draw the isosceles triangle to the centre (the two lines which are both radii) Then it's a result that the bisector of the angle at the centre coincides with the perpendicular bisector of the base so it indeed goes through
I think..bit tired. Got a geometry exam tomorrow though lol
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Got a geometry exam tomorrow though lol

jfc go to bed man
Original post by Zacken
jfc go to bed man

Not tired..
Got 5.5 hours till alarm goes off

(I was tired, but it's passed..)
What years papers do you guys think have been the hardest? Did all the past papers ages ago so can't really remember them. Was going to choose the trickiest few and do them before the exam. Thanks :smile:
Try the IALs
Original post by josephinemar25
What years papers do you guys think have been the hardest? Did all the past papers ages ago so can't really remember them. Was going to choose the trickiest few and do them before the exam. Thanks :smile:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Not tired..
Got 5.5 hours till alarm goes off

(I was tired, but it's passed..)

Ah, yeah, I know the feeling. Hope the exam went/goes well! :woo:

(Why are Saturday exams even a thing...?)
Original post by Zacken
Ah, yeah, I know the feeling. Hope the exam went/goes well! :woo:

(Why are Saturday exams even a thing...?)

Went crap because I'm retarded, freaking average year 12 would have done better on that piss easy exam but I apparently have a thinking deficiency...
But thanks for the good words anyway :colondollar:
Heres a quick question you might want to try for extra practice...

Use the method of differences to show that

cosec2+cosec4+cosec8++cosec2n=cot1cot2n\mathrm{cosec}\hspace{3pt}2 + \mathrm{cosec}\hspace{3pt}4 + \mathrm{cosec}\hspace{3pt}8 + \ldots + \mathrm{cosec}\hspace{3pt}2^n = \cot 1 - \cot 2^n

(Hint: Think about trig identities linking cosec and cot)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest