The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i know my essay is not very detailed or precise however i have tried my best to condense it because im a slow writer and i have always had time issues. Any feedback or additional info is welcome, thanks.
Original post by Mesosleepy
I can't tell much about your A01 since I use different A01 points but your A02 is kind of weak.
1) When you evaluate a study, you should ALWAYS link to how this methodological issue weakens the study usefulness in supporting the relationship between sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour. In your essay, you wrote that Buss study is high in external validity and left it at that, which would give you no marks.
2) IDA is basic - try to contextualise and create an argument/discussion within your IDA -

I've had 5 different teachers for Psychology this year, not one of them has been able to give me specific feedback like this :K: TSR marking > teacher marking
Reply 1802
Original post by nadsss123456
Hey does anyone know if when writing an essay when it says discuss two things for example neural and hormonal mechanisms in aggression, does it have to be equal amount of both to access full marks? Or can we walk more about one than the other???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Hihihi123
Can someone send me an essay for evolutionary explanations for aggression including infidelity and jealousy? Having a hard time with that one...

https://psychologya2modelanswers.wordpress.com/2016/05/21/june-2014-outline-neural-andor-hormonal-mechanisms-in-aggression-4/
https://psychologya2modelanswers.wordpress.com/2016/02/22/psya3-all-questions-aggression/
Does anyone know that typical grades boundaries are for PSYA4?
Hi, what is the PSYA3 exam like? Is there just essay questions or is there questions you have to relate to a scenario?
Original post by lucy112233
Hi, what is the PSYA3 exam like? Is there just essay questions or is there questions you have to relate to a scenario?

As far as i know, its just essay questions
Original post by JunkoR.
As far as i know, its just essay questions

Ok thank you :smile:
Original post by lucy112233

Never an application question.

Marking allocation for questions will be as follows:

- 4 Marks
- 4 + 8 Marks
- 4 + 16 Marks
- 8 + 16 Marks
For evolutionary explanations of human aggression can they ask just about infidelity or just about jealousy or will it all be one question even as a short one??
Original post by Socychoictraphy
Never an application question.

Marking allocation for questions will be as follows:

- 4 Marks
- 4 + 8 Marks
- 4 + 16 Marks
- 8 + 16 Marks

Thank you! I didn't think there was but just checking:smile:
Original post by Hihihi123
For evolutionary explanations of human aggression can they ask just about infidelity or just about jealousy or will it all be one question even as a short one??

Probably both, they are very much interlinked, so you'll probably end up talking about both anyway
Original post by JunkoR.
i know my essay is not very detailed or precise however i have tried my best to condense it because im a slow writer and i have always had time issues. Any feedback or additional info is welcome, thanks.

If you're doing an AO1 paragraph, don't say 'supporting' or it will signpost that its AO2, I was a bit confused as to what you wanted it to be. The question asks for 'explanations' so ensure you specify that these studies are part of an explanation.

Link to the question a bit more, make it very clear why the criticisms of the studies weaken the explanation

Go with 'explanation' not 'theory'

Your 4th paragraph seems to stray off and become a bit too philosophical, I would replace it completely. You could always use the Brumner Study.

You're talking far too much about free will, just keep it to one point.

In the final paragraph, I can't see how female aggression links to reductionism - reductionism is reducing a complex behaviour to one factor, which could result in us ignoring other important factors.
Original post by TMC113
If you're doing an AO1 paragraph, don't say 'supporting' or it will signpost that its AO2, I was a bit confused as to what you wanted it to be. The question asks for 'explanations' so ensure you specify that these studies are part of an explanation.

Link to the question a bit more, make it very clear why the criticisms of the studies weaken the explanation

Go with 'explanation' not 'theory'

Your 4th paragraph seems to stray off and become a bit too philosophical, I would replace it completely. You could always use the Brumner Study.

You're talking far too much about free will, just keep it to one point.

In the final paragraph, I can't see how female aggression links to reductionism - reductionism is reducing a complex behaviour to one factor, which could result in us ignoring other important factors.

Thank you so much!!! I do realise that my AO1 does sound like AO2 and yes i get really wordy and tend to stray off. Whereas for Brumners study, i have no idea about it unfortunately.
For the last paragraph, i was tryna link reductionism with nature and nurture as the theory is more focused on biological factors. Female's aggression was just an example that i could use it as an argument against the theory however i think its the way i worded it thats why it seemed abit off,
anyways thank u so much for the much needed feedback,:smile:
Original post by grunday
Also, don't know if this has been addressed before but what do people think of the essays on the A2 Psychology Unit 3 Blogspot (<---- hyperlink) that I'm sure most of you have seen. A lot of the evaluation on there seems sketchy to me, interested to know what everyone else thinks.

Sometimes the A01 is okay but wouldn't use it really because they tend to miss out important information. And for A02 they bring in studies etc but do not always add methodological issues or how the study even affects the theory. And they're a02 is always unexplained lol .I'm pretty sure your essays are much much better so don't use it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NHM
A normally 15
A* normally 17

Isn't that quite low for an A/A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1815
Original post by кяя

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look on the AQA site for yourself... It averages out at that :/
Reply 1816
If anyone wants any essays looking at/ marking id be happy to do it! - PM me
Original post by кяя

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah when you get that same mark on all 3 that's what u get

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NHM
Look on the AQA site for yourself... It averages out at that :/

It represents the difficulty of the exam
Original post by TMC113
Probably both, they are very much interlinked, so you'll probably end up talking about both anyway

That's what I was thinking because studies always bleed into both areas so it'd be really hard to differentiate them

Latest

Trending

Trending