The Student Room Group

Keep having dreams about being in a relationship with a girl...

I'm single and have never had a girlfriend. Time is passing by rapidly and I'm already 16 (don't say that's young, because to me it's not).

Last night, I had a dream about a girl I used to know when I was about 10. We met again in this day and age, becoming my girlfriend. I woke up this morning and it took me about an hour to get over the dream.

I think it's time for me to get out there and pick up a girl. However, it occurs to people that I'm extremely quiet and don't always flirt with confidence (it's more of a normal conversation, about football, for example). I'm not good looking but not disgustingly bad either; however, I would appreciate my female counterpart to have good aesthetics.

Erm... I can't recall what else I need to say...

Advice?
(edited 7 years ago)
Do something about it, ie. talk to more girls and become popular.

we all gonna make it one day son
Original post by TheSingleOne
I'm single and have never had a girlfriend. Time is passing by rapidly and I'm already 16 (don't say that's young, because to me it's not).

Last night, I had a dream about a girl I used to know when I was about 10. We met again in this day and age, becoming my girlfriend. I woke up this morning and it took me about an hour to get over the dream.

I think it's time for me to get out there and pick up a girl. However, it occurs to people that I'm extremely quiet and don't always flirt with confidence (it's more of a normal conversation, about football, for example).

Advice?

You've got plenty of time left, my I know you're talking about getting a girlfriend but my sister was 21 when she got her first boyfriend (she is now 23 and they both live together own 2 cats and are pretty happy)

X

But if you get a girlfriend, your TSR username will be rendered void. We can't have that! :eek:

I think it's time for me to get out there and pick up a girl. However, it occurs to people that I'm extremely quiet and don't always flirt with confidence (it's more of a normal conversation, about football, for example).

Advice?

Ah the classic "falling in love" dreams. Yeah those are devastating, it won't be your last. Those happen, don't worry, it's not unusual.

All I can say is, don't think about going out and finding someone, actually do it, otherwise nothing will happen.

Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by Wahrheit
Ah the classic "falling in love" dreams. Yeah those are devastating, it won't be your last. Those happen, don't worry, it's not unusual.

All I can say is, don't think about going out and finding someone, actually do it, otherwise nothing will happen.

Good luck!

I've finished school and am doing my exams. Should I just rely on Sixth Form in September?
Reply 6

I wish I knew you IRL, so that I can pull this post back up in 3 years time and watch you cringe

Go to University, and come back if you still have problems.
Reply 7
Original post by Another
I wish I knew you IRL, so that I can pull this post back up in 3 years time and watch you cringe

Go to University, and come back if you still have problems.

Well, nothing has happened thus far, so what makes you think everything will change?
I know it feels annoying when people tell you it will happen, because 'how you you know' and 'some people go through life never having a relationship'. It used to annoy me when people told me that, but they were right. It happened.
I also know it's annoying when people say 'you're young, you have plenty of time' because to you you dont feel young. You're the oldest you've ever been, and you've gone your entire life (in my case when i was 16) never having been kissed or having anyone show an interest in you. But those people are right. You are young and tbh, it'll probably happen when you least expect it. I know it feels **** right now, but just trot on and one day you'll look back and wonder why you were ever worried about it.
I've finished school and am doing my exams. Should I just rely on Sixth Form in September?

If you want, work on building confidence over summer and go into sixth form with a fresh outlook, perhaps.

Quick Reply

Latest