The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
yes, i do actually :smile: sorry for the late reply, YouTube transported me into the world of music! found myself listening to the pet shop boys, a day to remember and foreigner lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries. Lol. I'm surprised you haven't heard of The Cure or The Smiths.

~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
No worries. Lol. I'm surprised you haven't heard of The Cure or The Smiths.

~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~

oh, i have heard of them :smile: my stepdad is a massive fan of the cure! one of my close friends introduced me to the smiths a while back, so i like some of their songs :smile: haven't managed to listen to all of the music yet though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh, i have heard of them :smile: my stepdad is a massive fan of the cure! one of my close friends introduced me to the smiths a while back, so i like some of their songs :smile: haven't managed to listen to all of the music yet though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's cool. You should listen to them. They're epic. They're an acquired taste though.

Original post by NiamhM1801
Ah that's a shame :frown: at least you don't have to worry about it anymore though so that's a good thing at least.

I think I'll cry with happiness after my geography exam on Wednesday - the thought of never having to ever learn any of it again makes the 2 years of pain worth it :biggrin: (can you tell I absolutely detest geography hahaha)

Me too! I'm in year 10 im doing geography ocr but urgh the stress i never want to see it again!!! I screwed up my sustainability paper and i feel really unprepared for the terminal paper on wednesday😭😭 if you are on ocr, do you have and predictions on what may come up? 😔☺️
Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 03/06/16

Not as a productive day as I'd hoped for but I'll try and make up for it tomorrow :smile:

2015 History paper

Development revision

Population DTM revision

30 OCP cards

Chemistry past paper

WELL DONE !! At least you've managed to do something :smile:
Original post by Phoebe2108
im assuming im doing b anyway,
ive done one exam, a sustainable decision making exam, which tests 1 of 4 themes
then theres the key themes on wednesday that tests 3/4 themes
then theres the fieldwork coursework
do you think our exams would still be similar?

I've done one exam about themes and then I have a paper on Wednesday about skills (map reading etc)
I can't be of much help but if your exams are anything like mine then place specific detail is what gets you the high marks! To revise I make mind maps and flashcards...good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah don't worry you've still done a lot! :smile: And besides you're already really well prepared so even if you do have a couple of slightly less productive days you're still well ahead :biggrin:

Thank you - I slept in a bit today too, so I'm going to try and pull my socks up :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
WELL DONE !! At least you've managed to do something :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Arbana1502
Me too! I'm in year 10 im doing geography ocr but urgh the stress i never want to see it again!!! I screwed up my sustainability paper and i feel really unprepared for the terminal paper on wednesday😭😭 if you are on ocr, do you have and predictions on what may come up? 😔☺️

It's awful isn't it? And I'm sorry about your paper, although I'm sure you didn't do badly. Besides you've still got a few more days to prepare for the other one. And no I do AQA so I can't help you there, sorry.
Thank you - I slept in a bit today too, so I'm going to try and pull my socks up :smile:

Ah, see I've only just woke up (well 25 minutes ago) and this is impressive for this week! I'm definitely gonna try and get some actual work done today :biggrin:
Ah, see I've only just woke up (well 25 minutes ago) and this is impressive for this week! I'm definitely gonna try and get some actual work done today :biggrin:

That's really good then!! Let's hope we can both be productive today (I've already managed 2 past papers so it's looking promising) :smile:
That's really good then!! Let's hope we can both be productive today (I've already managed 2 past papers so it's looking promising) :smile:

If you don't mind me asking :colondollar: why are you going to college and not sixth form ?
If you don't mind me asking :colondollar: why are you going to college and not sixth form ?

i thought that sixth form and college meant the same thing. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i thought that sixth form and college meant the same thing. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're a bit different. Colleges require more independence and you don't get that much help. Adults can also go there. Sixth formers get much more help and I don't think adults can go to a sixth form.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
They're a bit different. Colleges require more independence and you don't get that much help. Adults can also go there. Sixth formers get much more help and I don't think adults can go to a sixth form.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

Yeh that's true😀 Where are you planning to go to?
Yeh that's true😀 Where are you planning to go to?

I'm staying at my school.

im going to a college wooo. just cos my school is a private all girls school and my parents don't want to pay loads of money for sixth form when I can go elsewhere. plus, i dislike most of my year. also, i kind of want to have more friends who are guys - so less b***hy then girls!

Posted from TSR Mobile
im going to a college wooo. just cos my school is a private all girls school and my parents don't want to pay loads of money for sixth form when I can go elsewhere. plus, i dislike most of my year. also, i kind of want to have more friends who are guys - so less b***hy then girls!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks like the stereotype for all girls schools are correct. I've heard that you can find the bitchiest girls in all girls schools. It's because they have no sense of the real world. The moment they step into a mixed school is when they step back into line.

(edited 7 years ago)

My school don't have a sixth form - even if they did I wouldn't go, plus I like the thought of being able to teach myself more :smile:
My school don't have a sixth form - even if they did I wouldn't go, plus I like the thought of being able to teach myself more :smile:

Oh i see :smile: I'm going to go sixth form - I feel that sometimes I'd need help from teachers and others. I also prefer to stay in a school format - if you get what i mean :smile: Haha :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending