The Student Room Group

National 5 Computing Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
I have the 2016 paper as I am in S3 and we attempted it. Found it straightforward. Anyone want one of the questions?
Reply 401
Original post by S_x_x
I have the 2016 paper as I am in S3 and we attempted it. Found it straightforward. Anyone want one of the questions?

Yeah please sent it :smile:

Thanks, alot. :biggrin:
Reply 402
I'm in S3 so these are the only ones I got:

1) 11100011 (max mark 1)
2) To allow OTHER PROGRAMMERS to understand the main purpose/understand the code (max mark 1)
3) The database can't be edited as data can not be changed in ROM, therefore must be contained in RAM (max mark 1)
4) Options are available/ Less chance of human error/(or any other reasonable suggestion) (max mark 1)
5) To temporarily hold memory until it is ready to be dealt with by the processor (max mark 1)6) two other types of software found in a security suite are:
FIRWALL
ANTI-MALWARE SOFTWARE (max mark 2)
7) criminals can commit identity theft through the use of:
Spyware (1) / hacking (1) / phishing (1)
(Max mark 2)

10) Lucy would use a query (1) OR perform a COMPLEX search (1) (max mark 1)

13) There is no search bar (1) / There are no breadcrumbs (1) / The "login" input do not specify what needs to be typed in (1) / The "arrow" does not specify the location of the website it is pointing to (1) / The radio buttons' designs are not consistent (1)/ The radio buttons are not labelled sensible ("radio button 1","radio button 2"etc.)/ any other suitable response (1) (Max mark 2)

15) The primary key must be UNIQUE, however "Route ID" contains repetitive values, therefore is not suitable to be a primary key (1)
(Max mark 1)

B) Problem 1: there may be duplication of data (1)
Problem 2: insertion/deletion anomalies (1)
(Max mark 2)

C) relational database (1) (Max mark 1)

D) The "aircraft code" field type is TEXT (1) (Max mark 1)

E) restricted choice check (1) (Max mark 1)

ii) exceptional: any value between 1-6 (1)
Extreme; any value >6 (1)
(Max mark 2)

F) complex sort on the field of "price" in Ascending order(1), AND on the field of "depart" in Ascending order (1)
(Must be in this order to obtain 2 marks)

17) a) hierarchical (1)
B) site design (1)
C) a hyperlink takes the user to another webpage (1)
(Total marks: 3)

17) e) a hyperlink which takes the user to a webpage out with the current page they are in (1)

Ii) Uniform Resource Locator (1)

iii) 5x7x600^2
=1260000 x 24
=302400000\8
=37800000\1024
=36914.0625 KB/1024
=36.0488 MB
= 36 MB (3)

I will post up the rest later, but I am only in S3, therefore am sorry that I have left some of the solutions out. If any of them are wrong feel free to flag up to me. Thanks x
Original post by S_x_x
I'm in S3 so these are the only ones I got:

1) 11100011 (max mark 1)
2) To allow OTHER PROGRAMMERS to understand the main purpose/understand the code (max mark 1)
3) The database can't be edited as data can not be changed in ROM, therefore must be contained in RAM (max mark 1)
4) Options are available/ Less chance of human error/(or any other reasonable suggestion) (max mark 1)
5) To temporarily hold memory until it is ready to be dealt with by the processor (max mark 1)6) two other types of software found in a security suite are:
FIRWALL
ANTI-MALWARE SOFTWARE (max mark 2)
7) criminals can commit identity theft through the use of:
Spyware (1) / hacking (1) / phishing (1)
(Max mark 2)

10) Lucy would use a query (1) OR perform a COMPLEX search (1) (max mark 1)

13) There is no search bar (1) / There are no breadcrumbs (1) / The "login" input do not specify what needs to be typed in (1) / The "arrow" does not specify the location of the website it is pointing to (1) / The radio buttons' designs are not consistent (1)/ The radio buttons are not labelled sensible ("radio button 1","radio button 2"etc.)/ any other suitable response (1) (Max mark 2)

15) The primary key must be UNIQUE, however "Route ID" contains repetitive values, therefore is not suitable to be a primary key (1)
(Max mark 1)

B) Problem 1: there may be duplication of data (1)
Problem 2: insertion/deletion anomalies (1)
(Max mark 2)

C) relational database (1) (Max mark 1)

D) The "aircraft code" field type is TEXT (1) (Max mark 1)

E) restricted choice check (1) (Max mark 1)

ii) exceptional: any value between 1-6 (1)
Extreme; any value >6 (1)
(Max mark 2)

F) complex sort on the field of "price" in Ascending order(1), AND on the field of "depart" in Ascending order (1)
(Must be in this order to obtain 2 marks)

17) a) hierarchical (1)
B) site design (1)
C) a hyperlink takes the user to another webpage (1)
(Total marks: 3)

17) e) a hyperlink which takes the user to a webpage out with the current page they are in (1)

Ii) Uniform Resource Locator (1)

iii) 5x7x600^2
=1260000 x 24
=302400000\8
=37800000\1024
=36914.0625 KB/1024
=36.0488 MB
= 36 MB (3)

I will post up the rest later, but I am only in S3, therefore am sorry that I have left some of the solutions out. If any of them are wrong feel free to flag up to me. Thanks x

Thanks a lot! I lost 4 marks here and considering that this was about 29 marks out of 90 I don't think I done that bad in the rest of the paper. Hopefully an A
Reply 404
Original post by Aysha261
Thanks a lot! I lost 4 marks here and considering that this was about 29 marks out of 90 I don't think I done that bad in the rest of the paper. Hopefully an A

NI problem! I'll have the rest up later!
Are you able to post the actual question paper so I can see what question is with what answer ?

haha thanks :smile:

I'm hoping for at least 60/90 for an A but looking at them answers I'm not to confident :P
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 406
Yeah sure I have it I will post it up soon
Original post by S_x_x
Yeah sure I have it I will post it up soon

Reply 408
Original post by Ethan100

Will I get in trouble if I do post it?
Reply 409
Original post by S_x_x
Will I get in trouble if I do post it?

Nah lol, just scan all pics and post it here. :biggrin:
Reply 410
Alright then give me a few minutes 😂
Thanks s_x_x, You shouldn't be getting into trouble :P A lot of people post papers up here.
Thanks s_x_x, You shouldn't be getting into trouble :P A lot of people post papers up here.

He's probably not gonna post it, I think he was joking. He would have done it by now if that was the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 413
Proof? Hereimage.jpg
Haha, Post the rest :biggrin:
Reply 415
Haha, Post the rest :biggrin:

Any questions in particular? Because it's not letting me post them all at the same time.
Original post by S_x_x
Any questions in particular? Because it's not letting me post them all at the same time.

Yeah that happens quite often, Try a photo uploading site like http://imgur.com/ and try uploading it there and post the link here.

I don't have a particular question it's mostly the exam as a whole. For example if it was 3 marks I would have probably gained 2 out of the 3.
Reply 417
image.jpgHere's another one
Original post by S_x_x
image.jpgHere's another one

Keep them coming !
Reply 419
image.jpgnext one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending