Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marxist
Diagrams looking good bro :wink:

ha thanks
Reply 322
Why is there no normal reaction here ?
Original post by Marccs
Why is there no normal reaction here ?

reactions only occur when an object is in contact with a plane.
Original post by hogree
3c is pretty rude.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 9 <f <18 :frown:(
Do you know the answer?
Reply 325
Original post by KloppOClock
reactions only occur when an object is in contact with a plane.

Thank You
M1 Jan 2013 --> 65/75 = 82% = A.
I felt I honestly deserved a A* on this paper but Q3 = :shot: but lesson learnt in future resolving questions. :sigh:

Mistakes & tips for future past papers:
- lost 2 marks on vectors because I didn't realise that if a vector is west its j component is zero and also to draw a clear diagram with what they are asking for.
- I lost a full 8/8 marks on Q3 because I :dontknow: how to resolve it until after I looked at the solutions

I'll be recording every past paper score that I do and my overall notes/opinion on that past paper.

Past papers completed = 3/13. (edexcel regular + edexcel IAL) [excluding x2 MAM pp closer to exam date]
I know I'm running behind :work: .... :cry2: ^

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Guys say if I have a question like the one below where they are not separately marked (this was out of 10 for getting both answers) does it matter which answer I get first, e.g. can I find M first and then the force exerted at P or do I have to do the order they give?

(a) (i) find the magnitude of the force exerted on the plank by the support at P,
(ii) find the value of M
Original post by ozzie2
Guys say if I have a question like the one below where they are not separately marked (this was out of 10 for getting both answers) does it matter which answer I get first, e.g. can I find M first and then the force exerted at P or do I have to do the order they give?

(a) (i) find the magnitude of the force exerted on the plank by the support at P,
(ii) find the value of M

Yes you will lose marks in most if not all cases.
Original post by Marxist

really?
Original post by Marxist

Ahh ok thanks :smile:
Reply 331
What are some of the hardest past papers people have come across for M1? Doesn't have to be Edexcel (and I'd prefer non-Edexcel ones, since I think I've done the hard ones from that :tongue:)
Original post by 83457
What are some of the hardest past papers people have come across for M1? Doesn't have to be Edexcel (and I'd prefer non-Edexcel ones, since I think I've done the hard ones from that :tongue:)

here
Original post by KloppOClock
here

I'm scared to even open this.
Original post by Don Pedro K.
I'm scared to even open this.

haha its a paper that cryptokyo made, question 2 is rock solid.
When can you assume that the reaction forces at two supports are the same? Is it only when the questions tell you they are, otherwise always assume they are not the same magnitude?
Original post by 83457

Recent AQA papers, and also Delphis ones.
Original post by GarlicBread01
When can you assume that the reaction forces at two supports are the same? Is it only when the questions tell you they are, otherwise always assume they are not the same magnitude?

Only when they tell you they are, definitely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 83457

My favourite M1 problem ever!!! And home made of course.
Q8.png
Original post by Cryptokyo
My favourite M1 problem ever!!! And home made of course.
Q8.png

only 6 marks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending