The Student Room Group

Anyone ever winged an exam??

Scroll to see replies

I winged all my GCSEs like I wing my eyeliner.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Perfection Ace
Got my BTEC ICT exam on the same day as my GCSE Maths one and I really can't be asked to revise for it. I need to work hard for a B in maths and the ICT exam is a resit anyways. I also haven't done the course in like a whole year so...

Anyways, winging an exam with no revision at all - good idea?

i mean, winging an exam is never a good idea but if you have to prioritise, so do it.
like, if you can pass w/o revision, don't revise.
If it makes you feel better, i winged every single GCSE exam i had (except biology) and didn't fail anything :smile:
I don't think I'd ever go into serious exams without revising sometimes I do it with very little revision though. I don't really revise for French and German reading or listening or Latin language exams but theres not much you can learn for those,
I winged my GCSE Geography exam for both papers and got an A* overall. Revised like only the case studies an hour before the exam like mad.

Only try it if you have a good grasp of the knowledge.
winged spanish and got an A* winged french and will wing english language
Daaaamn, I looked at the unofficial mark scheme and I got 47/100!! How much do you reckon out of 200 for a B? Also, what do you think you got? :smile:

Hopefully there's lots of trigonometry in the next paper - I find them really easy!
A B may be over or at least 100/200 this year, but if you think about it, it shouldn't be that hard to achieve considering that this year some easy topics like Scatter graphs, recipe questions and Stem and leaf diagrams didn't even turn up and if you're comfortable with trigonometry you should be fine, however sine and cosine rules would be worth looking at.

How much do you normally get in past papers?
Original post by joecphillips
Did a maths gcse exam a year early with no sleep or revision got an A

can i steal your secret powers
Original post by niamh.savill
i mean, winging an exam is never a good idea but if you have to prioritise, so do it.
like, if you can pass w/o revision, don't revise.
If it makes you feel better, i winged every single GCSE exam i had (except biology) and didn't fail anything :smile:

Wow that's awesome!! :tongue:

Original post by salty670
winged spanish and got an A* winged french and will wing english language

Pro

Original post by hamza772000
A B may be over or at least 100/200 this year, but if you think about it, it shouldn't be that hard to achieve considering that this year some easy topics like Scatter graphs, recipe questions and Stem and leaf diagrams didn't even turn up and if you're comfortable with trigonometry you should be fine, however sine and cosine rules would be worth looking at.

How much do you normally get in past papers?

Quite embarrassing but in my most recent mocks I usually get like 65/200...... :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Got my BTEC ICT exam on the same day as my GCSE Maths one and I really can't be asked to revise for it. I need to work hard for a B in maths and the ICT exam is a resit anyways. I also haven't done the course in like a whole year so...

Anyways, winging an exam with no revision at all - good idea?

Yup German and English Language. There is no real revision for English Language except knowing exam techniques and how to approach each question. I have managed to get B's in mocks without revision and I would be pretty happy with a B in the real exam. There is no real revision I can do for German and really I can't be bothered to learn lots of vocab when most of it won't even come up and I am doing the foundation papers anyway. It's pretty easy to get a C so I really can't be bothered to do any revision.
Wow that's awesome!! :tongue:

Pro

Quite embarrassing but in my most recent mocks I usually get like 65/200...... :/
Well, you've got around 47 already, so to get a B you need to get a minimum of 53, which is just over half of the paper, it's easily possible.

Take a look at some of the predicted topics here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0NHL46meQP_cHUzQVBUQm9TdXM/view?usp=sharing

And all the topics: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0NHL46meQP_UTRYdEw5V0tSWWc/view?usp=sharing

Good Luck!:smile:
Reply 30
I winged my poetry English lit exam.:colondollar:
Reply 31
No. No one has winged an exam, ever. Absolutely no one.

Ever.
I didn't do any Religious Studies (gcse) revision apart from making a mind map the day before the exam and got 1 mark off 100 UMS in the exam. I was expecting a D or below in that exam due to my lack of revision but I was pleasantly surprised.
Reply 33
Well tbh I have a history exam on Monday but I'm prioritising maths and science. Must wing it cos I find it so hard.
Pretty much most of my GCSE's except Maths :toofunny:
Most of my GCSEs. It still went down pretty well :u:
Gonna wing Health and social care. You just need common sense and the grade boundaries are fairly low!
Yeah, i did for my Cambridge national sports studies I did very little revision on the day thought I failed turned out to be an A.
Yep
For my GCSE history exam I did revision the day before
Got an A lol :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by AR_95
No. No one has winged an exam, ever. Absolutely no one.

Ever.

Oh they have.... Just because you don't do it, does not mean nobody else has attempted to.

Quick Reply

Latest