The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1900
Original post by Socychoictraphy
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

For a 4 + 8 mark question, how many IDAs do you need? Say for Aggression there are two 4 + 8 questions, is that 1 IDA per question or 2 in each in order to read the top band?

at least one
Reply 1901
Original post by adtr0706
Asked before but wasn't answered; what would you do for a 12 mark question? Do you still need IDA? How much AO1? They're confusing for me.

need at least half a page for ao1, 1 1/2 pages of a02.
Needs at least 1 IDA point
Reply 1902
Original post by adtr0706
What's everyone expecting the eating behaviour question(s) to be?

https://psychologya2modelanswers.wordpress.com/2016/05/30/predictions-for-2016-psya3-paper/

i think it will be neural/attitudes
Original post by Anam
Guys i have a question about the evolutionary explanations to gender essay... ive used the theory of sexual selections and parental investment as my two a01's but when i evaluate them do i say 'A limitation of the theory of sexual selection' or a 'limitation of the evolutionary explanations to gender' or does it not matter??? its bugging me

If it is a criticism directed at parental investment theory itself then use that in your sentence, if it is a general criticism about the evolutionary approach/ explanations in general I would then use evolutionary in the sentence.

I know that probably sounds simple, but simple is sometimes only what's required :smile: It wouldn't drop you marks either way I would think, as you can only accumulate them.
If biological explanations of AN/BN comes up for eating disorders, are we expected to talk about both neural and evolutionary explanations, or can we choose between the two?
hi can somebody please please send me there essay on factors that influence our attitudes to food
Guys how long would research methods take to learn? I haven't been working on it at all and our college hasn't gone over it yet.
Original post by Tinksy
I have just sent you it! Let me know if you recieveth haha :smile:

I haveth received from thee haha, thanks :smile:
Original post by cherry1997
hi can somebody please please send me there essay on factors that influence our attitudes to food

plssssss tell me if u notice anything bad
Original post by кяя
Guys how long would research methods take to learn? I haven't been working on it at all and our college hasn't gone over it yet.

Have you not learnt it at all for PSY4?
Pls can someone tell me what I need to cut out of this essay??? It's Evolutionary explanations on gender
Reply 1912
Original post by кяя

Research methods you can revise in a day but if you haven't got anything I'd say about a week
Original post by Tinksy
Have you not learnt it at all for PSY4?

Just the first few pages but I remember nothing.

I'm not worried about the mathsy part as I like maths but it's all those definitions...
Original post by кяя

It's not very difficult so you could do it in a day IMO. Just do lots of past questions to get used to answering in the context of the scenarios.
The one good thing about research methods is a lot of it is common sense as long as you understand the basic concepts and the scenario you're asked about.
Original post by evekay
does anyone think restoration theory explanation of sleep will come up? It came up as an essay in 2014 but could it come up as a 4 marker this year? Just wondering if it's worth learning... or should i focus on others?

What's important to note is that evolutionary explanations came up last year, if restoration came up this year, that would be 3 years of explanations! Very unlikely
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

For a 4 + 8 mark question, how many IDAs do you need? Say for Aggression there are two 4 + 8 questions, is that 1 IDA per question or 2 in each in order to read the top band?

1 is fine for top band as long as its developed
plssssss tell me if u notice anything bad

thanks but do u know how many marks its out off.
I'm really struggling to write this essay myself and how to evaluate it.
Original post by Tinksy
What do people think might come up on the bio rhythms as a question? Also, is it possible to get a 24 marker on infradian and/or ultradian rhythms??

Much more likely to have a 24 question on "outline and evaluate research into biological cycles, including (either of the three, most likely circadian ofc) "

Latest

Trending

Trending