The Student Room Group

I'm going to fail my A levels, can I retake? I'm in Y13

Exams are next week, I've left it too late to revise. I have one AS level and an A level I will need to retake, is that possible if I've left the school? I will then have to turn down uni, but can I apply again this September or will they reject me?
Either you're some sort of fortune teller who can see into the future or you're just panicking. I think it's the latter.

SERIOUSLY CAAAAAALM YOU HAVE NOT FAILED!! You haven't even done the exams yet!!! Just work as hard as you can from now till your exam(s) and give the best you've got! You never know what might happen :smile:
Notwistanding you dont know ypur results an the fact if you dont make them the offer will lapse (you dont have to do anything), then yes you have one final chance to do retakes in 2017.
Listen.

I'm gonna give you one piece of advice that you need to take aboard if you want to get your desired University place.

Get off the internet, get off youtube and studentroom, sit down right now and take out a piece of paper, draw out a plan of what you're going to do in the next week and start following it once you've finished. Don't be too optimistic, you've only got a week, but that should be a good, solid amount to cover everything provided you use your time effectively.

But remember, limit your internet usage for the next week. Print/download off the pastpapers today so that you won't rely on the internet for them. It is too easy to wonder off what your doing.

Best of luck for the days ahead. Follow your plan and you'll make it.
Reply 4
^^ this will help you for the next week.

If you dont do as well as you want to, you can resit your exams as far as I am aware. Dont give up just yet though, revising now is better than never.
Reply 5
Original post by daydreamer394
Exams are next week, I've left it too late to revise. I have one AS level and an A level I will need to retake, is that possible if I've left the school? I will then have to turn down uni, but can I apply again this September or will they reject me?

You can re-sit but you would have to pay for the exam entries - and motivate yourself to get the revision done. Any exam centre (=any secondary school or college) can accept you private candidates thought the simplest and cheapest place is likely to be your current centre.
Original post by daydreamer394

Original post by Don Pedro K.
Either you're some sort of fortune teller who can see into the future or you're just panicking. I think it's the latter.

SERIOUSLY CAAAAAALM YOU HAVE NOT FAILED!! You haven't even done the exams yet!!! Just work as hard as you can from now till your exam(s) and give the best you've got! You never know what might happen :smile:

Original post by SeemaG18
^^ this will help you for the next week.

If you dont do as well as you want to, you can resit your exams as far as I am aware. Dont give up just yet though, revising now is better than never.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Moeen_Nawazish

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/4398668/Teenager-gains-22-A-levels-in-12-months.html

[video="youtube;EbH_dWWIE1Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbH_dWWIE1Q[/video]
Reply 7
I'm feeling the same to be honest , it's not like I'm going to fail it's the fact that I want to get in a russel group uni but I don't think I will get the grades this year as both my firm and insurance have high boundaries, I don't think there is a point in paying £27,000 if it's not russel group uni or a good uni, what do you guys think it's best to do, I mean who knows I might get in. themtimes you know you should have revised or went lessons more often

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest