The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepysnooze
which verse outlines this imperative?

Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
The evidence that Hijab is compulsary are many. One may refer to the books A Treatise on Hijab by Sheikh Ibn Uthaymeen & The Hijab of the Muslim Woma as in the Quran and Sunnah by Sheikh Al Albaani for full list of the evidences.Sheikh Ibn Uthaymeen brings 11 evidences in that book.Some of the evidences scholars give are:Allah says:And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.[Quran 24:31]Allah also says:O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.[Quran 33:59]Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:Asma, daughter of AbuBakr, entered upon the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) wearing thin clothes. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) turned his attention from her. He said: O Asma', when a woman reaches the age of menstruation, it does not suit her that she displays her parts of body except this and this, and he pointed to his face and hands.Sunan Abi Dawud 4104The scholars of Islam are in agreement that Hijab is compulsory. By Hijab it refers to covering the entire body except the face and the hands.As for Niqab scholars disagree on whether it is compulsory for a women to cover her face or if it is highly recommended with both sides having strong evidences.Allah Knows Best[video="youtube;ooZRnaU2HUs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooZRnaU2HUs[/video]

Mixture of both hadith and Qur'an.

There is consensus on the hijab being compulsory with the vast majority (99.9%) scholars backing this stance.

edit - click on the original ThatMuslimGuy post link to have paragraphs. they got deleted for some reason in the copy and paste :dontknow:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Banana208
You aren't being serious are you:rofl::rofl: Also there are over a billion muslims of course loads of women still wear it, don't be stupid.

not in the modern western (sane) world
Original post by ☪☪☪
Mixture of both hadith and Qur'an.

There is consensus on the hijab being compulsory with the vast majority (99.9%) scholars backing this stance.

edit - click on the original ThatMuslimGuy post link to have paragraphs. they got deleted for some reason in the copy and paste :dontknow:

I'm not reading all of that wall of text - I specifically asked for the verse*
I'm not reading all of that wall of text - I specifically asked for the verse*

see edit. you'll get them.
not in the modern western (sane) world

I'm assuming that either you don't go outside ever or you're just ignorant because thousands wear hijab in your so called "modern western (sane) world".
Reply 25
oh come on - you think her parents have nothing to do with it?

You are an example of the thousands of ignorant fools which live amongst us today.
The OP asked a question which some of us are actually interested in the answer to it. Clearly you have not given a reasonable answer so I suggest you leave this thread and stop asking for Qur'an verses if you are not interested in Islam itself. I don't think it concerns you whether or not it is compulsory to wear the hijab, (if you are not interested in learning more about Islam and would rather assume everything is due to the 'force' of parents) either way the OP and other girls including me are interested in law and hope to keep their hijab on when pursuing this career.
Original post by _Hafsa
You are an example of the thousands of ignorant fools which live amongst us today.
The OP asked a question which some of us are actually interested in the answer to it. Clearly you have not given a reasonable answer so I suggest you leave this thread and stop asking for Qur'an verses if you are not interested in Islam itself. I don't think it concerns you whether or not it is compulsory to wear the hijab, (if you are not interested in learning more about Islam and would rather assume everything is due to the 'force' of parents) either way the OP and other girls including me are interested in law and hope to keep their hijab on when pursuing this career.

where do your parents come from?
Reply 27
Original post by OGGUS
You do you. become a lawyer it won't matter that your Muslim.

Thank you however I fear that it might come down to that I'm a Muslim and a practicing Muslim but thanks for taking the time to comment and give your suggestion :smile:
Reply 28
Ok so I don't know how to add different posts from different people bc noob HOWEVER I want to just comment that hijab is compulsory. Allah has specifically mention for us women to "cover our beauty" so why would the hijab not be compulsory? Is the hair not beauty? Is the neck not beauty? So why wouldn't it be compulsory?
Original post by Mrs.Grey
Ok so I don't know how to add different posts from different people bc noob HOWEVER I want to just comment that hijab is compulsory. Allah has specifically mention for us women to "cover our beauty" so why would the hijab not be compulsory? Is the hair not beauty? Is the neck not beauty? So why wouldn't it be compulsory?

Next to the reply button is another button which looks like +"
Reply 30
Original post by Zamestaneh
Next to the reply button is another button which looks like +"

Ok thank you :smile:
I'm a trainee solicitor at a large legal aid firm in London. I am Muslim and wear the hijab and my employer has no problem with it. There are also men who wear the turban in the office and the boss has no problem with it. You cannot change who you are in a bid to reach the top. Be true to yourself. Good luck!
Reply 32
Original post by LegallyBrunate
I'm a trainee solicitor at a large legal aid firm in London. I am Muslim and wear the hijab and my employer has no problem with it. There are also men who wear the turban in the office and the boss has no problem with it. You cannot change who you are in a bid to reach the top. Be true to yourself. Good luck!

Hi, if you don't mind answering, what firm is that?
i am also thinking of pursuing a law degree and i think if you really wanna do this dont hold back coz u gonna meet different kind of people and just because of those people you cant just stop doing what you want to do life goes on just do whatever you wanna do and i am also a hijabi best of luck :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending