The Student Room Group

urgent urgent help

i have no clue how to do this question i seem to me doing to wrong, so to find the mean i added the number and divided it by 5 but it seems to be wrongUntitled 111.jpg
For student four there is an obvious anomalous result that must be excluded when calculating the mean so only divide by four

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the answer is just 3, add all the numbers up for each row and divide the answer by 5 for each of them
Reply 3
Original post by yeah1106
i have no clue how to do this question i seem to me doing to wrong, so to find the mean i added the number and divided it by 5 but it seems to be wrongUntitled 111.jpg

What's the answer?
Reply 4
Original post by RKM21
What's the answer?

b is the answer
Reply 5
Well if you start looking at anomalous results, 2, 3 and 4 would all be correct means... Strange that there is no option for 2, 3 and 4.
Reply 6
I think is has something to do with the significance level, as you can't be more accurate than the data you have. but i'm not sure.
Original post by alkyone
Well if you start looking at anomalous results, 2, 3 and 4 would all be correct means... Strange that there is no option for 2, 3 and 4.

Not 100% but I think why they didn't put 4 is because it has a decimal point.You can't have half a bubble and our teacher always tells us our results and mean has to be to the same precision so for the mean of student 4 to be correct they would need to round it.
Reply 8
Original post by Help needed xoxo
Not 100% but I think why they didn't put 4 is because it has a decimal point.You can't have half a bubble and our teacher always tells us our results and mean has to be to the same precision so for the mean of student 4 to be correct they would need to round it.

That would make sense actually :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest