The Student Room Group

3C and 4C Government and Politics 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Melissa C
Yeah 100% maybe it'll be a broken branch question or how effective are checks and balances, they could probably ask that instead of a president question as that came up last year and the other topics seem more relevant

Yeah I guess we can't really 100% predict what may come up. Usually exam papers are written quite a while in advance so it may not take into account Scalia's death etc.
I just hope a congress question comes up because I don't mind them :laugh::laugh:
Reply 41
Congress/Pres/Constitution 45 markers IMO
Original post by antigone-
I think you definitely could but the mark scheme focuses on African-Americans, Latinos and Jews particularly so it may be worth looking over those in more detail.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 43
Is everyone doing all 4 chapters for
3C and 4C? I was planning on it but time is a bit sensitive now and there's so much to cover.
How I'm doing it is I'm not revising all four topics for the 45 markers, because I don't particularly like all four topics for the 45 markers and it's too long to revise all of them for them. So I revise 2 in particular for the 45 markers and 1 less so just in case. And for the 15 markers I do revise each topic because you kinda need to.
Reply 45
Original post by darkskies
3C and 4C? I was planning on it but time is a bit sensitive now and there's so much to cover.

I'm just revising 3 from each- because there isn't much time + you can get away with 3.
I'm doing 3C: Parties, Pressure Groups and Race (but I don't intend to do a Race 45 marker)
4C: Congress, Presidency and the Supreme Court (hoping for a 45 marker on Congress)
Reply 46
when doing the 15 markers my teachers have said i need to do four paragraphs, do you think i would be able to do three as I'm under time pressure, or is four the standard? i just don't want to be penalised for not doing four
Original post by Hann18
when doing the 15 markers my teachers have said i need to do four paragraphs, do you think i would be able to do three as I'm under time pressure, or is four the standard? i just don't want to be penalised for not doing four

You can still achieve a top grade with 3 solid paragraph!!!
Reply 48
Original post by nta786
I'm just revising 3 from each- because there isn't much time + you can get away with 3.
I'm doing 3C: Parties, Pressure Groups and Race (but I don't intend to do a Race 45 marker)
4C: Congress, Presidency and the Supreme Court (hoping for a 45 marker on Congress)

Awesome. Thanks a lot. I'm doing the same topics for 3C but for 4C I'm doing constitution instead of Presidency
Original post by Plast12
How I'm doing it is I'm not revising all four topics for the 45 markers, because I don't particularly like all four topics for the 45 markers and it's too long to revise all of them for them. So I revise 2 in particular for the 45 markers and 1 less so just in case. And for the 15 markers I do revise each topic because you kinda need to.

Why do you need to cover them all for 15 marks in your opinion? I was going to leave one out...?
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Yeah I guess we can't really 100% predict what may come up. Usually exam papers are written quite a while in advance so it may not take into account Scalia's death etc.
I just hope a congress question comes up because I don't mind them :laugh::laugh:

Original post by Pato1
Congress/Pres/Constitution 45 markers IMO

Original post by orangee123
Thank you :smile:

Original post by darkskies

Original post by Plast12

I'm pressed for time. Which topics should I focus for both 3C and 4C?
Reply 51
Original post by Audrey18
I'm pressed for time. Which topics should I focus for both 3C and 4C?

Same!

For 3C I'm doing election, pressure group (cos it didn't come up last year as a 45 marker) and race.

For 4C- Constitution, Congress and Supreme Court. But i may look at like 2/3 topics in Presidency.
I think with these units you can't afford to not revise every topic. At least revise 3 in a lot of depth and 1 in not so much
Revising only three is quite risky, because what if you don't like/don't know how to answer the 45 marker on the ones you've revised in depth?
I'm revising all of them, but a couple in more detail as they're predicted to come up
Reply 54
Race is a waste of time to revise imo.
Original post by Pato1
Race is a waste of time to revise imo.

How so? To be honest I am avoiding it anyway, and focussing on the other ones
Tbh I think race always produces the nicest 45 markers :redface:
Reply 57
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
How so? To be honest I am avoiding it anyway, and focussing on the other ones

the examiner reports always say that those who answer race don't do as well, i think the points for some of the essays are quite bland and hard to elaborate on- i will do them for the 15 marker though if it comes up.
Original post by nta786
the examiner reports always say that those who answer race don't do as well, i think the points for some of the essays are quite bland and hard to elaborate on- i will do them for the 15 marker though if it comes up.

True true, yeah I'll probably focus more on pressure groups for the 45 marker :laugh: I have all my hardest exams that week so I'm finding it hard to revise
is a question like this “‘Race has ceasedto be a significant issue in US politics.’ Discuss.” likely to come up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending