The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Unit 2 (PHYA2) June 9th 2016 Resit paper

Scroll to see replies

Anybody created some sort of revision chat for this?
Reply 21
Joining.
Reply 22
http://www.cram.com/flashcards/phya2-7307000
Creating flash cards as I go along. More stuff will be added as I do the papers. They will mostly contain of past paper questions and mark scheme in a format that of AQA's.
in
Reply 24
Original post by Nerrad
http://www.cram.com/flashcards/phya2-7307000
Creating flash cards as I go along. More stuff will be added as I do the papers. They will mostly contain of past paper questions and mark scheme in a format that of AQA's.

Thanks for these, pretty useful. I have a question about the secound one: 'what factors effect drag force' why isnt mass of object one? Or does the speed take that into account?
Reply 25
Original post by boyyo
Thanks for these, pretty useful. I have a question about the secound one: 'what factors effect drag force' why isnt mass of object one? Or does the speed take that into account?

Yea you're right. The weight would be a factor too.
Reply 26
When defining tensile stress can we just say force per unit cross sectional area of a material? What does tensile mean?
Original post by boyyo
When defining tensile stress can we just say force per unit cross sectional area of a material? What does tensile mean?

you can actually just put the equations for any of the definitions as long as you state what each part of the equation is. :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Gapyearstudent54
you can actually just put the equations for any of the definitions as long as you state what each part of the equation is. :smile:

Oh ok, so would my definition of tensile stress be ok then
Original post by boyyo
Oh ok, so would my definition of tensile stress be ok then

Yep! :smile:
Reply 30
For this question, could one of the factors be the mass of the ship??
Reply 31
Original post by boyyo
For this question, could one of the factors be the mass of the ship??

I don't believe so, as the resultant force horizontally does not incorporate the weight of the ship as it is acting vertically. An object on a slope however, would have a horizontal component which could factor in with resistive forces etc.

Having done M1 and M2 this year, the mechanics questions in this paper make so much more sense compared to last year =]
Reply 32
Original post by Stallzy
I don't believe so, as the resultant force horizontally does not incorporate the weight of the ship as it is acting vertically. An object on a slope however, would have a horizontal component which could factor in with resistive forces etc.

Having done M1 and M2 this year, the mechanics questions in this paper make so much more sense compared to last year =]

ahh yhhh, how did i not see that! Yeah I wish I did M1 atleast, im stuck with d1 instead.
Thank you :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by boyyo
ahh yhhh, how did i not see that! Yeah I wish I did M1 atleast, im stuck with d1 instead.
Thank you :smile:

yeah my school we do c1,c2,c3,c4,m1,s1 for maths and fp1,s2,d1,m2,de,fp2 for further maths, resitting d1 this year, did horrible in it last year, so different to what we learn in the pure modules
Reply 34
Original post by Stallzy
yeah my school we do c1,c2,c3,c4,m1,s1 for maths and fp1,s2,d1,m2,de,fp2 for further maths, resitting d1 this year, did horrible in it last year, so different to what we learn in the pure modules

wait, so further maths D1 is different to normal maths d1?
does anyone have any good resources for stress, strain, young modulus and hookes law? This is the main thing I'm struggling with! I cracked projectiles the other day thanks to my amazing maths teacher :biggrin:
Original post by con.brown
You're lucky I guess I am sure you'll do great. I picked up AS Government and Politics this year with my other A2s and I have my Unit 2 resit and a Politics exam at the same time on the 9th! I am gonna be stuck in the hall for 3 hours without a break, shucks to be me :s-smilie:

Also what does EVERYONE think the 6 MARKER will be I doubt it will be stationary waves as that has come up too many times to count.

I feel like the 6 marker will be something on optics like maybe about cladding and optical fibres? Mainly because I haven't seen a 6 marker on that or similar in any of the past papers I've done
can someone please explain we x power by 5 for QS aiv jun 2011 unit 2 aqa paper?

and how do you calculate angle of incidence qs 5d of the jun 2011 paper? I can't work out the angle of i because im strugling working out the angle of refraction.

any help would be really appreciated
Can someone please explain this part of the spec, Thanks!
Original post by kother2015
can someone please explain we x power by 5 for QS aiv jun 2011 unit 2 aqa paper?

and how do you calculate angle of incidence qs 5d of the jun 2011 paper? I can't work out the angle of i because im strugling working out the angle of refraction.

any help would be really appreciated

Hope this helps for 5d :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending